• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Mountain Halls questions

T6583

Can someone please explain to me exactly how the Mountain Halls AW boosts production. I have a 56% boost bringing my production to 756%. It looks like the Mountain Halls only boosts base production adding only an extra 314 goods to each 3 hr pick up. Which really doesn't seem like alot. I'm not sure if I'm missing something or not understanding something. Just trying to figure out if I delete this AW, keep it and stop leveling it, or continue to keep leveling it. Is this one of those AW's that gets really good in the higher levels? Is it worth keeping?

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Yes, it based on your standard production. My Scolls have a basic 500 base line for 3hrs. I have 700% relic boost for another 3500 and then 280 (or 56% of the base 500) Every three hours I can, therefore, collect 3500+280+500 = 4280, which is what I collect every 3 hours on that scroll mfr.

If you notice the MH only adds to the basic relic boost. Mine is 756%, including the MH, which means it gives me 3780 +500 total when I collect a 3hr run. So, since the relic boost is based upon the basic 500 either way you calculate it, it comes out the same.

Hope this helps.

AJ

T6583

Thanks @ajqtrz. That helps a bit. Still trying to figure out if it's worth having. I might need to do some math to figure out how much extra I'm getting per day on average. As most of us are aware small amounts can add up quick.

Kekune

Thanks @ajqtrz. That helps a bit. Still trying to figure out if it's worth having. I might need to do some math to figure out how much extra I'm getting per day on average. As most of us are aware small amounts can add up quick.
Think about the population, too. I think that's about as good as (maybe better than?) the production boost. I'm sure Soggy did a square-for-square analysis somewhere, if you dig for it.

ajqtrz

The real advantage of the MH, in my opinion, is not in the goods produced, but in the added pop. right now my MH provides enough pop to take the place of 3 residences. Thus, I have removed 3 residences and used that space for other things, including, perhaps, another mfr building.

If you do a square by square analysis you find the MH takes up 24 squares while my current residences take up 15 each so I gain 21 squares. My MH provides 12674 pop and 3 residences give me 11700. Divide 12674 by 24 you get 528 per square of pop, while 11700 divided by 45 = 260 per square. Of course you also lose the coin production of the residences, but if you pair the Mountain Hall with the Goldeyn Abyss you can make up for a lot of "missing" residences. My GA produces 2 times the daily coin production of my residences every 3 hours -- AND a total of over 22,000 population. So, by having both you get a real pop boost and a great coin boost. Since I added both and upgraded them I have removed 6 residences. Since the GA is only 9 squares I get over 2500 pop per square, compared to 260 per residence square.

The only caveat is that the pop of both the MH and the GA are based upon the working pop. Thus, the more residences you pull out the less effective they are. Which means there's a balance at some point. I'm still finding that balance but it appears I can remove 2 more residences without going negative pop. We'll see as soon as I upgrade my MH and GA again.

AJ

Last edited:

T6583

@Kekune and @ajqtrz. Good point. I have 2 magic residences in inventory that I won in the spire and I would need 1.5 of them to equal what I get from my MH. It might be better to keep it and maybe reduce residences as I level it. Coins aren't an issue for me at all so not concerned about losing residences at this point.

ajqtrz

Residences don't count towards working pop though, right? Working pop is what's in use for your factories, workshops, and other population-consuming buildings.

Thanks for the "correction." The relationship between the GA/MA and residences is indirect but essential if you want to avoid running out of pop when you need to upgrade/add something that needs pop.

Here's how I understand it:

The working population is the portion of the total population you have that is currently assigned to something. Thus, if you assign more population to do something than the population you have, the population number goes negative and you can't upgrade/add anything that needs population. The number of residences you have, and a lot of other buildings as well, contribute to the total population you have, out of which the working population is drawn. So, while residences don't need population and thus do not contribute to the working population number, they do contribute to the total population. The connection to the MH and GA is indirect since you can have a lot of extra (non-working) population but if you remove your residences you come ever closer to the point where you don't have enough non-working pop to upgrade/add anything that needs pop.

Hope this helps clarify why residences are essential but can be, to some degree, replaced by raising the GA/MA pair.

AJ

AJ

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The way I understand it is the GA and MH would exactly the same whether you get all your pop from residences or all from event buildings. The source of the pop does not matter, just how much is being used. Available, but not working, pop also has no effect on the Wonders.

Kekune

Yes. Houses, GA, and MH all provide population. Obviously deleting more population than you can afford to delete will cause you to be short on pop. But nothing you do to any of those 3 buildings (place, upgrade, or delete) affects the pop output of any of the others. They function independently.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
The way I understand it is the GA and MH would exactly the same whether you get all your pop from residences or all from event buildings. The source of the pop does not matter, just how much is being used. Available, but not working, pop also has no effect on the Wonders.
That's what I was given to understand as well.

I love my MH and my GA.... the GA is very efficient for a nine square. I won't give up either of them... but then, I'm an AW fan.

edited to add.... I was also given to understand that carrying the kind of overload of pop that I do, for the most part, requires more culture.... so .. i dunno.