• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

So many questions

Elf Alvin

1) How do I get a trader?

2)I've done the advanced residence research but the activation cost includes several things I don't know how to get see attached pix with circled items.

Those are my first two questions been looking for a way to solve them for two days. Thanks for any help
20200813_171503.png
20200813_171503.png

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
You completed the research to be able to build the trader before you got to the research for Adv Residence, so follow @AtaguS instructions and you should be able to build it. Once built, you can post trades offering the marble you are making for the planks and steel that you need for the upgrades. Make sure to post the trades. Many large cities can see and take your trades with no fee and many do so on a semi-regular basis to help out new cities. When you're small, it's hard to find trades in small enough amounts that you can take with the goods you have available, so just post the trades and see if they get taken within a day or two.
You could, technically, build the planks and steel factories, but due to your boosted marble, it quickly becomes cheaper to trade marble even at a small loss than to take up the population/culture/space for those non-boosted factories. If you build them just to get past this point, you'll want to sell them off and get back the pop/culture space as soon as you can and use that pop/culture to upgrade your marble factories, making even more marble to trade for more steel and planks.
And so it begins... ;)

AtaguS

Nice catch, @PaNonymeB

I should also add that I made an assuption you were boosted in marble, because it was the only good you knew how to access. This is why the advice to build your marble and trade for the other goods you need.

To find out what your boosted good is (just in case this is all new to you), open up your Main Hall. One of the three goods will be highlighted. That is your boosted. Generally, most players find it more effective to build their boosted manufactories and trade for the others, as samidodamage explained. Anyway, don't want to throw too much at you all at once, but if marble ISN'T your boosted then it's good to find out what is.

Ivy1996

When you can, try and find an active fellowship. That will help you a lot with figuring out how the game works.

AtaguS

I need to do that. Mine is verrry quiet. Any suggestions?
The forum has a section for players seeking felowships, and it has a decent track record of working. And you can also read through the fellowships seeking players section to see if any of them sound like a good fit for you. Just make sure you know which world you're playing on so you can go to the right section of the forum. It takes a little time in the beginning to find the right fellowship, but it will be worth the search.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Another way to find a good fellowship is to do some homework via elvenstats.com. There you can look at how many in a fellowship are active, what their growth rate is, and if your city meets their needs (average size, boosts, etc.). It's not perfect and sometimes may be out of date, but it's a good source of finding out about a fs before you join.

AJ

Elf Alvin

That is a good question. I have no idea in which world I am. Looked it up in wiki and that didn't help. I must have missed something. I was helping my neighbors and one of them had a friendly busy fellowship so I joined it. I will keep this convo tagged so I keep your contact. So how do you tell what your world is.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@Elf Alvin If you don't feel like looking yourself up on elvenstats, you can just log all the way out of the game. When you log back in, it should list what world you have already played in. If you ever wanted to start a 2nd city in another world, just select one of the worlds you are not playing in at this stage.

Dreamyn2

Buddy Fan Club member
I play this on my mobile but opened it on my anciemy desktop last night and there was my world. It doesn't show itself when I open the app on mobile.
You may need to log out from the computer version to play the mobile version.

Edit: I may have misunderstood. My apologies if you meant the differences in appearance. The browser world is pretty cool compared to the mobile version. :)

Last edited: