• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarlD

I have been accused of offering apples to oranges strawman arguments. I will not justify my logic and my viewpoint to anyone who only acknowledges what they feel is the right way to view an issue.

I remain with the same viewpoint as I started with..... nerfing is an offense against the gaming gods. Giving newbies unfettered access to the evolves that we had to slave in an event for is offensive to the players that sacrifice their time... and since some of us work and have a small slice of a life....... to achieve the goal of getting the prizes. Trying to equalize the playing field is offensive... the reason one plays a game is to be more ADVANCED than a person who just logged in. Anyone who doesn't understand this has never played World Of Warcraft, Black Desert Online, League of Legends, SMYTE, Starcraft...... etc.
I have one Fire Phoenix and one Brown Bear. Even if some new player is given fully evolved versions of both I wouldn't feel threatened by them for several reasons:
1) I have a 37K ranking point lead on them from tournaments that they will likely never catch up on.
2) Because of my size I have advantages that allow me to perform better in Spire and Tournament than any new city so they will be hard pressed to catch up to me even if they have those buildings.
3) If they finally do catch up to me they probably worked their butt off and really deserve it.
4) Unlike many other games this is not a very competitive one. It's not like one becomes more powerful and attacks weaker cities to take their stuff to become still more powerful. Although we can all see how well folks are doing in tourney I really don't get the impression that people really compete against anyone but themselves. Accept for those at the very top of the rankings I don't feel like most people really much care where they fall in the tournaments rankings. They mostly do as much as they can or feel like doing without respect to how others are doing so that whether or not another city has a Fire Phoenix or Brown Bear is not really a concern.

Yes, in my earlier days I really enjoyed moving up in rank. It wasn't so much about competing against anybody, but an acknowledgment of the effort I put into the game. So moving up was really an indication that I was working harder or smarter than my peers, which were the cities near my size. If I'm at 500K points I really don't care if a city with 100K points gets a Phoenix or Bear because they are not really my peers in a competitive sense. If that smaller city gets a Phoenix and Bear and gains 400K points on me to become my peer then I'm probably slacking and have no reason to feel competitive or they are working harder and/or smarter than me and deserve it. I'm sure having the Bear and Phoenix helped in that progress a great deal, but it didn't give them an advantage over me. If they eventually catch me then I probably only have myself to blame for that rather than that they got a Phoenix and Bear from an alternate path than I did.

Having a Fire Phoenix and Brown Bear is great, but it doesn't determine how advanced a city is. Many cities have those buildings and are even larger than me, but still don't complete the Spire or regularly get top 20 scores in the tournament as I do. Having those buildings is just another tool, but how you use them to achieve your goals is what the game is all about. I really don't see the downside of younger cities getting access to them.

AtaguS

I have one Fire Phoenix and one Brown Bear. Even if some new player is given fully evolved versions of both I wouldn't feel threatened by them for several reasons:
1) I have a 37K ranking point lead on them from tournaments that they will likely never catch up on.
2) Because of my size I have advantages that allow me to perform better in Spire and Tournament than any new city so they will be hard pressed to catch up to me even if they have those buildings.
3) If they finally do catch up to me they probably worked their butt off and really deserve it.
4) Unlike many other games this is not a very competitive one. It's not like one becomes more powerful and attacks weaker cities to take their stuff to become still more powerful. Although we can all see how well folks are doing in tourney I really don't get the impression that people really compete against anyone but themselves. Accept for those at the very top of the rankings I don't feel like most people really much care where they fall in the tournaments rankings. They mostly do as much as they can or feel like doing without respect to how others are doing so that whether or not another city has a Fire Phoenix or Brown Bear is not really a concern.

Yes, in my earlier days I really enjoyed moving up in rank. It wasn't so much about competing against anybody, but an acknowledgment of the effort I put into the game. So moving up was really an indication that I was working harder or smarter than my peers, which were the cities near my size. If I'm at 500K points I really don't care if a city with 100K points gets a Phoenix or Bear because they are not really my peers in a competitive sense. If that smaller city gets a Phoenix and Bear and gains 400K points on me to become my peer then I'm probably slacking and have no reason to feel competitive or they are working harder and/or smarter than me and deserve it. I'm sure having the Bear and Phoenix helped in that progress a great deal, but it didn't give them an advantage over me. If they eventually catch me then I probably only have myself to blame for that rather than that they got a Phoenix and Bear from an alternate path than I did.
So well stated. I hope this game remains this way and doesn't start developing toward the competitive aspect. A push here or there is fun, whether in your own city against a near-by opponant or as a team in a tourney or FA....but if this became a driving force behind new ideas and decisions that would take away from the game in my opinion.
Also, access to the birds and the bears had more to do with playing when those events were offered. I have a chapter 15 city but was on hiatus during both events in 2019 so am having to rely on the conversions to get them. But a chapter 3 city could have had both these evolves to level 10 if they played the event so I'm not convinced this is a matter of giving new cities something larger cities worked for.

LisaMV

Oh my ~ that pesky real life swallowed me up for the last two months, so I apologize in advance for any redundancy here - just getting back to the forum!

I have waited for most of my Elvenar life (lol 6 months) for those cute and highly functional bears, ever since I saw my first ones in neighboring cities. They pop up here and there in my MA, but why would I do that with no chance of evolving it? I finally figured out they came during the autumn event, so I could hardly contain my excitement (lol, when have I done that?!) to see it begin in beta, finally.

Now it seems there are NO bears offered at all for us pining wee-folk, except the new moon bear. First, is that true?! Second, why would they have them still craftable with no evolving them even possible?
AND - is that moon bear any good?

I am hope you Wise and Experienced Ones can give me some encouragement here...
:(
thanks,
so much

Deleted User - 4565442

Oh my ~ that pesky real life swallowed me up for the last two months, so I apologize in advance for any redundancy here - just getting back to the forum!

I have waited for most of my Elvenar life (lol 6 months) for those cute and highly functional bears, ever since I saw my first ones in neighboring cities. They pop up here and there in my MA, but why would I do that with no chance of evolving it? I finally figured out they came during the autumn event, so I could hardly contain my excitement (lol, when have I done that?!) to see it begin in beta, finally.

Now it seems there are NO bears offered at all for us pining wee-folk, except the new moon bear. First, is that true?! Second, why would they have them still craftable with no evolving them even possible?
AND - is that moon bear any good?

I am hope you Wise and Experienced Ones can give me some encouragement here...
:(
thanks,
so much

Yes they are greedy and they didn't give us any old bear artifacts.
You can only craft like 3 or 4 old ones from new ones.
New bear is very weak and made for beginning players.

Dopeykr

Yes, the Zodiac Event features the Moon Bear as the evolving Building. Along with those Older Bear Bases in crafting there is also a recipe for converting New Bear Artifacts to Old Bear Artifacts. You just have to determine which Bear fits your play-style.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Dear Humans and Elves,
We have updated Elvenar Beta to version 1.113!
Today's update includes the following content:

Improvements
  • The Barracks, Training Grounds and Mercenary Camp no longer share their production queue, which means you can now train more units simultaneously.
  • On the World Map, the tabs "Tournaments" and "Provinces" are now shown in the same window, so you can switch faster.
  • The chest icon on the Tournaments map indicates it more clearly when your Fellowship has reached the Bonus Chests.
Balancing changes

After receiving your feedback on the Moon Bear's bonuses and feeding effect, we've decided to make several adjustments to it. With these changes, we aim to provide more specialization for the building, and to offer more appealing bonuses, especially for players who do not already have other pets available in their city. The changes we'll be making are:Coins and Supplies production have been removed from the building's produced resources.
  • We significantly reduced the amount of Culture the Moon Bear provides.
  • We significantly increased the Population the Moon Bear provices.
  • The production of Sentient Goods (or, for those on lower Chapters: Seeds, Mana, normal Goods or Supplies) has been increased significantly.
  • When the Moon Bear has been evolved to Stage 7, it will also produce a Broken Shard. Evolve it further, and it'll start producing Knowledge Points instead: 1 at Stage 8, and up to 3, if the Moon Bear is evolved all the way to Stage 10.
  • The feeding effect of the Moon Bear now grants up to 3 Knowledge Points in every Neighborly Help Chest, depending on the Moon Bear's Evolution Stage.

Please let us know your thoughts in our feedback thread!

Kind regards,
    Your Elvenar Beta Team

118593649_10217549305425123_3384925105139554898_n.jpg

Pheryll

Set Designer
  • When the Moon Bear has been evolved to Stage 7, it will also produce a Broken Shard. Evolve it further, and it'll start producing Knowledge Points instead: 1 at Stage 8, and up to 3, if the Moon Bear is evolved all the way to Stage 10.
This in itself is a huge positive change. A 9 square evolving building making 3 KP per day. That is like 3 carting libraries + 3 squares devoted to population and sentient production, and, unlike the libraries, the KP production does not expire. Previously we have seen 16 square evolving buildings producing 3KP per day, but for a 9 square this is fantastic.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
Could you explain, please?

Your production is y
A timebooster adds x% of y to your unit pool

Now production is z
Z=3 time y

Lets assume that in the first example a 20h booster added 5% of your weekly production to your usable troops.
Since the production is now trice the amount of units, that same boosters only 1.66% of your weekly production

Then in a month ortwo2 they "rebalance" the needed units to the "new" production standards

Also not all productions are equal untill ~elemental chapter, so this might screw over players who havent reached that stage yet.
But there is little incentive to go much further than elementals, maybe half the elevenar chapter and after that there is 0 reason to advance.

This change to a certain extend might move the "optimal" chapter where the game ends from orks to elemental/elvenar chapter. with a focus on might. and partly solve the spire time booster issue they created.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
So, just to clarify: The time boosters were not nerfed. Production was tripled.

Right. Each building has a separate queue and a separate timer. So the only real benefit to this is having all three full more quickly before feeding a Brown Bear. After that initial collection, there is no additional benefit to Bear owners. Or in general, you can start 5 batches of archers, 5 batches of dogs, and 5 batches of frogs all at the same time, for example, and they will produce at the same time, instead of one at a time.

mikeledo

This is actually a game-changer. When you triple your troop production, this is like 4 brown bears active 24/7. I have magic workshops in que and I can always nerf on making orcs in my armories. I will adapt my city to run all 3. If they make the tournament impossible no matter how many troops you have, then it doesn't matter. The way I see it, what was nerfed was the brown bear.

DeletedUser26692

I for one see this as a positive change on many levels, I thought it was kind of odd for all three buildings to show training being conducted even though you could only train in one at a time. Plus no HAS to use all three at once, but it will be nice to have that option. I don't understand how it will mess with players using timers... Unless they nerf the armory to produce less in training size. As far as the extra supplies go, I welcome another place to spend them because I over produce anyway.

DeletedUser19458

Your production is y
A timebooster adds x% of y to your unit pool

Now production is z
Z=3 time y

Lets assume that in the first example a 20h booster added 5% of your weekly production to your usable troops.
Since the production is now trice the amount of units, that same boosters only 1.66% of your weekly production
This doesn't make sense. If a full queue of any 1 building takes me 5hrs then whether I use a 5hr timer to clear the queue 3x, or use a 5hr timer to clear 3 independent queues gives me the exact same number of troops for the same cost, either way. If one queue is LESS than 5hrs to clear, then maybe I can see an argument as I would be wasting some of my timer (but I would then just make sure production is never faster than 5hrs).

I don't see it as a nerf to the brown bear either. Making it less essential: Yes. But not a nerf. If my queue of troops in all 3 are fully produced and not collected, activating brown bear if they are in 1 queue or 3 then collecting will still give the same amount of troops. Then, because I will be able to produce more troops in 3 separate queues it will actually give me MORE troops over the life of that one feeding (not withstanding the use of any timers).

Status
Not open for further replies.