• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fragments

GlamDoll

I only recently really started playing in The Spire. (Past 2 weeks) Before that, I usually just did the first few encounters or so and called it a day in there.

At first, I felt the same way about the spell fragments. I have a lot now from Spire. Thankfully, I started using them to craft time boosters, so it made them very useful, even if it was underwhelming to get them as prizes.

Many times I did not have enough fragments to craft something I wanted & had to bite the bullet & miss out.

I would not complain if Spire offered better/more prizes, but at least I can turn the frags into something that helps me.

DeletedUser19983

I'd venture to say if Inno wasn't so cheap in the Spire, the Time Boosters would be given out more in the Spire itself, hence little need to make them. When I have completed 32 encounters(Level 2 done), there have been times where I have received 12 - 16 fragments. That is simply pathetic considering the number of 'quality?' prizes you could have gotten. I wish they would have a way to trade fragments so I could ditch some of the 270k+ that I have got. Maybe Inno should look seriously into that idea plus adding better prizes in the 3rd level at the very least.

GlamDoll

:( I can see me saying this too after I have played in The Spire longer! @.@ 270k+ in frags?!
Yeah, there is no joy there for me thinking about being in that position at all.

For a long time here for me, I advocated for Events to be made better, in regards to the fun factor & prizes...
I guess I gave up on hoping, it seems Inno has other plans with prizes. I am not clear on which direction the game is going in. I did like The Wise Golem though.

Agree, crafting time boosters instead of winning them in the first place, is insult to injury, guess I was trying to tell myself getting the fragments was not a total loss.

Inno should look seriously into the prizes, the amount of everything it takes in The Spire is off the chart.

DeletedUser19983

And while I'm on my 'fragments' rant, why is it the only thing you receive when disenchanting? More garbage ... why not offer goods or troop bundles or mana or divine seeds? Time for options when disenchanting don't you think!

DeletedUser26692

I can see your point of view and know that it is shared by a great number of people, however I for one am always disappointed when I win a supply instance instead of a CC or even fragments because I have 6 magic workshops and do 15 minute timers most of the day, so I am never in need of supplies, does that mean that the supply instance should be taken out of the spire... Of course not. I have a level 5 academy and run CC's 24 hours a day disenchant all prizes for fragments and play the spire every week. I stay around 20,000 fragments and between 40 and 50 CC (ran out once due to lack of dust relics) because I craft almost everything. I craft timers just to use in the academy so I can craft two or three things in the rotation. The spire has awesome "big rewards" like the genie, Magic residence, magic workshop and the spire library, however I have only won 1 magic Residence and some diamonds a handful of times. More often than not I receive portal profits and I don't really want portal profits but that doesn't mean that someone else would not mind having them. The good prizes are set at a percent chance for balance and I'm okay with that I still have never won a moonstone library but I see people with five or more that's randomization and just part of the game I will always try next week. I understand your situation and hope that the game designers can help you with your extra spell fragments without nerfing the access to mine,lol. Anyway thank you for listening to an alternate point of view and I hope they are able to strike a good balance for everyone.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
There was a thread on this very subject awhile back in the Ideas and Suggestions forums. I looked for it just now but did not see it. Does anybody else know what became of the idea to rebalance Spire rewards? Was it canned or did it get passed on?

DeletedUser19983

I can see your point of view and know that it is shared by a great number of people, however I for one am always disappointed when I win a supply instance instead of a CC or even fragments because I have 6 magic workshops and do 15 minute timers most of the day, so I am never in need of supplies, does that mean that the supply instance should be taken out of the spire... Of course not. I have a level 5 academy and run CC's 24 hours a day disenchant all prizes for fragments and play the spire every week. I stay around 20,000 fragments and between 40 and 50 CC (ran out once due to lack of dust relics) because I craft almost everything. I craft timers just to use in the academy so I can craft two or three things in the rotation. The spire has awesome "big rewards" like the genie, Magic residence, magic workshop and the spire library, however I have only won 1 magic Residence and some diamonds a handful of times. More often than not I receive portal profits and I don't really want portal profits but that doesn't mean that someone else would not mind having them. The good prizes are set at a percent chance for balance and I'm okay with that I still have never won a moonstone library but I see people with five or more that's randomization and just part of the game I will always try next week. I understand your situation and hope that the game designers can help you with your extra spell fragments without nerfing the access to mine,lol. Anyway thank you for listening to an alternate point of view and I hope they are able to strike a good balance for everyone.
You bring out a lot of valid points. My problem is I only play on the PC or occasionally my iPad. In my world, gaming on a phone is just incredibly wrong, ranking just after watching a movie on a phone. I still manage to do at least 3 or 4 crafting sessions a day and I still have this incredibly stupid surplus of fragments. I don't disenchant because I would get pi$$ed off beyond belief as it only exacerbates the extra tonnage. I still feel it's Inno's cheapest way out of giving good prizes for a hard effort. As long as they offer 10 or 12 fragments at high percentages per level everyone will always get ripped off. And until they do something about disenchanting, that part of the game will always be a joke.

GlamDoll

And until they do something about disenchanting, that part of the game will always be a joke.

As I read this, I had the thought of even another building, like Magic Exchange for conversion of frags into your suggestions:

why not offer goods or troop bundles or mana or divine seeds?

IDK, but if I had that many frags I would like to be able to do something with them. >...>

DeletedUser26692

I know this game started out on the PC, however it would seem that they are pushing it over to mobile with a lot of the changes that are in the making. I myself started playing it on PC but got addicted and started on the phone and I have to say it does make everything faster / easier, which doesn't always mean better.

Also I think your right about the 3rd level of the spire it should have some kind of incentive to level with the cost of the top of the spire.

As far as better rewards than the fragments... The great thing about them are that they can already be turned into a number of awesome things through the academy...today alone I have crafted a legendary 14 hour timer, A UUU, A legendary 20 ancient knowledge, and polar bear (still trying for a brown bear), the 2 legendary one are top level FA rewards without all of the work. And timers are always my favorite to craft because that means more troops when I need them and they can be whatever troops I want not just from the barracks like the troop instance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iyapo1

I have a level 5 academy and run CC's 24 hours a day disenchant all prizes for fragments and play the spire every week.
Thank you for your whole post, after reading it I went and upgraded my academy. I had to, I kept running out of CCs. I dont usually instantly disenchant, I wait till I run out of frags and then go hold a "who do I love the most" contest.

How often do you open the gold chest in the magic academy?

Last edited:

DeletedUser26692

Thank you for your whole post, after reading it I went and upgraded my academy. I had to, I kept running out of CCs. I dont usually instantly disenchant, I wait till I run out of frags and then go hold a "who do I love the most" contest.

How often do you open the gold chest in the magic academy?
About 3 times a week or so, a little less if I'm running low on CC's. Here is a list that I have kept for the last couple of weeks.

5 - 10 AKP 40%
12 - 5 hour timers 40%
Windmill of evil 20%
Won - timers

35 KP 40%
Mana sawmill 40%
500 diamonds 20%
Won - 35 KP

35 KP 50%
8 - 8 hour timers 50%
Won - 35 KP

2 - Father glitter tree 40%
5 - 10 AKP 40%
500 diamonds 20%
Won - Father glitter trees

5 - 10 AKP 40%
12 - 5 hour timers 40%
Snowy charming tree 20%
Won - timers

2 - frozen blue flame 40%
35 KP 40%
500 Diamonds 20%
Won - Diamonds

12 - 5 hour timers 40%
35 KP 40%
Igloo festival 20%
Won - KP

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I used to work for a company where ideas were forwarded all the time. P.O. Box 107, Trukee, CA. Once a year a salesman traveling to San Francisco would stop and "examine" all the ideas. It took him/her about 10 minutes to "file" them in the "proper bin." But it can be said they did get forwarded.

I'm not saying Inno or anyone associated with Inno would or has done such a thing. It's just a story. Really. It is.

AJ