• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

#Boycott the 9 Chests

StarLoad

Every fellowship should in the new tourney format secure the 10 chests and stop. No more than the 40K or so it will take. Send a message to INNO that the other nine (9chests) are 1) too costly and 2) lacking in prize value and 3) that the feedback was ignored even when asked for.

# boycott the 9 chests

StarLoad

So should we all submit to whatever and like sheep to the slaughter just take what they give and not even try to effect change?

Kekune

Trouble is, a lot of folks whose groups might reach past 10 chests already play the tournament... wait for it... to get the individual rewards. Telling folks who are already absorbing a loss in that area to take a bigger one voluntarily seems very unlikely to go over well. It's shooting themselves in the foot.

I'm curious, though, if the requested forum feedback didn't effect change what impact do you expect from such a boycott? I mean, why do you believe that is an effective way to get Inno's attention? Boycotts only work when they somehow hurt the entity you are boycotting. Are you thinking of diamonds spent to reach those higher chests?

StarLoad

During the beta, I saw a change made in the tournament due to the results of the Fellowships in the additional 9 chests and they adjusted the difficulty. So they are going to watch the results and if they see less Fellowships it will create questions.

Years ago I was part of the Americas Army Beta and development team, and one of the operations was the tracking of changes and the difference in expected outcomes. Anytime we saw results that didn't match the outcomes desired required we research to see why it was not as designed. This is very normal for a development team. So my only idea is to get their attention by results that do not match the expectations.

I can't expect that I can get players to not spend, but if some of the FS think twice about the effort and cost of those 9 chests then maybe someone will listen.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I can't expect that I can get players to not spend, but if some of the FS think twice about the effort and cost of those 9 chests then maybe someone will listen.

1 ) The fact that changes were made in beta means that someone does listen.

2 ) Even if people wanted to go along with you, it is hard to organize a boycott when the majority of players never visit the forum.

C ) If people decide the cost and effort are not worth it, they won't need you to tell them to not play for them.

IV ) Stat

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
The biggest thing is that communication should go both ways. I don't have a beta city, so I don't know if any of the developers are actually interacting with anyone besides M. I doubt that anyone with any influence at all reads the forums. Nothing will touch Inno except the loss of diamond sales.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
@Ed1960 You make 3 claims.

1) too costly
2) lacking in prize value
3) that the feedback was ignored even when asked for.

1) If a thing is "too costly" it is too costly to a person. The value of a thing resides in the parties engaged in trading the thing not in the thing itself. Thus "too costly" means it's too costly to somebody and/or can be shown to be too costly in some manner. Please explain why you measure it to be too costly.
2) Again, "prize value" is a measure of what a player thinks -- to them the thing is worth. There is no intrinsic value in anything because value is psychological.
3) What feedback regarding the 9 chests was given and ignored? I don't dispute that this is true, but would like some links to review the type of feedback, how it was presented, and in what ways it was supported or not by other players.

In the end to get people to boycott anything they have to be persuaded that the boycott should be done, can be done, and will accomplish the goals set forth. You begin with why it should be done...but need more evidence to convince many. Please tell us how it can be done --i.e. reach and persuade enough players to impact Inno enough to make them make the changes you envision. Then tell us how much pressure you think a boycott would need to generate on Inno so we can be assured it will be effective.

Thanks.

AJ

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
Value is a personal concept. That's why I'm a fan of booty chests for the FA.... stuff it with a cross section of stuff that would hold an attraction for a majority of players. They sort of did that with the first tourney change when it went from neighborhoods to fellowships. So maybe they will tweak things or maybe not. It would take every player disengaging from the game to make a boycott effective. I KNOW that will never happen.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
exactly @Yogi Dave

The only way people won't push to get as many chests as they can is for it to be too costly. If they don't spend diamonds (money) then their play will be limited by troops and negotiation. If they spend diamonds, then when they feel its costing them too much, they will stop.

Clusseau

No need to boycott, inno might have done that themselves. Will be curious to see how many chests are actually attainable.

A quick glance at EN tournament scores on Stats, it seems they're actually quite attainable, for the elite at least. (-as intended).

The top scores there- and here- are so far beyond "10 chests", it would require huge sacrifices in personal scoring to reduce their benefits.
Down the line, there will be some fellowships that "could" get extra chests- and possibly forgo them without such great individual losses.
But, INNO's eyes will be upon the greater masses who are not yet in that range- and THEY will not be boycotting Anything- (yet).

INNO's language is Diamonds, and they certainly have numerous player metrics analyze trends, and to forecast results.
Ive not bought any diamonds in over a year, and have spent None of what I have in the new, Crapped-out Events.

My own contribution to showing Dis-satisfaction with the new tournament will be to withhold my Goods.
I believe their metrics will anticipate a player in my situation to use Some, or A Lot, to improve their tournament results.

Everyone will have their own version of voting... (=messing with their metrics),
-but i expect that its the votes with Diamonds that get read first.

The new tournament taxes Achievement to the point of Punishing people for it.
And in doing that, it will quench the aspirations of many.

Im hopeful that either deliberately, or accidentally, people will mess with their metrics, and put a Stamp on it with Diamonds.

Blindsider66

I don't have a city in Beta, but I have read as much about the new format T to consider myself up to speed. Next Tuesday when those of us on the US servers get to test the T waters I'm sure many Fellowships will strive for extra 9 chests. I'm also certain many will be disappointed.
I stand with Ed1960 on this subject. Boycotting the 9 chest may be the only way to assure INNO opens its eyes and ears

Peace
Blindsider66

StarLoad

AJ her is why I make the statements

1) too costly -- so the first 10 are 40K and chest 10 is 8000 and for an additional 126,000, you get 10-19th chest and the resources to battle or cater that additional 9 chests. Cause they wont be cheap will they? No by design they will get more expensive till they become unwinnable in battle. I took all this from the Beta Forum as direct results of the users feedback
2) lacking in prize value -- 1 whole10 KP and an RR spells per chest, when compared to the prize of chest 10, is laughable. I can craft 10 RR spells for 300 Diamonds and 10 KP for 500 spell frags and 3 CC spells so 4500 spell frags and 27CC spells .. all I can get from the spire normally
3) that the feedback was ignored even when asked for. Beta and from what I infer from the translations on the International forum all were of displeasure and calls for adjustments and fixes to drastically reduce or eliminate the ORC and MANA use, and to take out the penalty for growing and application of expansions, any number of items that were feedback asked for and given and ignored it seems. the beta threads are long and detailed and not allowed as I understand the rules to be linked here.

These are objective comparisons based on what has been openly given as results and background. Are my comparisons personal, no, I don't have a beta account and could not test, but I can read and understand the results of users I trust.

Agree or disagree I do not care but I do like that one way or another the discussion is here and in public rather than just in the back of the minds of players.

StarLoad

Adding the extra chests doesn't change anything. The FS I'm in won't strive to reach the new chests, but if members find personal value in doing more provs for whatever reason after we have reached the 10th chest why would I want to tell them to stop?
Not going to disagree, but only to say at what cost should they continue. The extra chests are akin to the carrot dangled in front of the draft animal to keep them moving even if it damages the animal. At least that is how I see them.

StarLoad

@clusseau, you are more likely correct and yes messing with the metrics is the only sure way to get attention. Will it make a difference, I cant begin to say. However, the more that we openly and properly express the issue the better the chance it will get some traction.

StarLoad

In the end to get people to boycott anything they have to be persuaded that the boycott should be done, can be done, and will accomplish the goals set forth. You begin with why it should be done...but need more evidence to convince many. Please tell us how it can be done --i.e. reach and persuade enough players to impact Inno enough to make them make the changes you envision. Then tell us how much pressure you think a boycott would need to generate on Inno so we can be assured it will be effective.

AJ I wanted to answer this separately, the persuasion is this thread and post and all the responses and then the players that share that Idea. We don't have a News station to broadcast this idea it can only spread word of mouth. weel 1 I expect many will try to go far into the 11-19 range and I do hope that they don't expend more than they should, but I think many/some/few will and that will help to spread the displeasure of the 9 and just maybe they will come here and see this thread and think yeah I wish I had ... week 2 and after if many fewer fellowships are going past 10 it should be noticed and then questions asked and that is all we can hope to get it started with.

I hope this makes sense and explains the ramble in my mind.