• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tournament Changes

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
n the "old" system I got reach (with autofight level 55-60 consistently week after week. With "new" system, I cannot make it past level 35. I typically go only for 2 rounds per province to catch the 5 KP's. So this "improvement" will cost me 100-150 KP's / week. Very motivating....
Under the new system, you are encouraged to do fewer provinces but deeper, like to the 5th star for KP again.

Sir Buzz

The enemies are now random instead of predictable. That makes planning and building troops specific to each tourney impossible.
That change alone means my fellowship can't expect to get another 10 chest tourney for the foreseeable future.
We made ten chests in steel last time around after weeks of preparation. When we got those ten chests the morale boost was tremendous. Now that the possibility of a repeat has been taken from us capriciously the fellowship might loose members and we'll be back to a 5 chest fellowship.

DeletedUser19458

It said the troops are random but actually all I am seeing is the same .. heavy melee, a few mages, a few heavy ranged, the odd archer. Seems predictable in that sense still. I can mainly go with 5 mages or 5 archers every battle.

People comparing their max points before and after are missing the point that that is entirely part of what they changed, intentionally, so you are never going to go as deep as before. And I'm ok with that IF it had been implemented evenly, but it hasn't. mid-game players in my FS can do same as I can at end game. So I'm completely demotivated to keep playing as all it does is make it harder and seems to give me zero advantage over those not as advanced in the game.

I saw other comments on here about Inno is just running the older players out of town in favour of getting new ones ... completely agree.

StarLoad

I saw other comments on here about Inno is just running the older players out of town in favour of getting new ones ... completely agree.
Or just start a new set of accounts and have the advantage of knowledge and experience and if you are smart, setup and then retire your old end game ones

SoggyShorts

They have made that harder.
This is exactly the feedback we gave them on Beta.
Inno said "It'll be easier for fellowships to have 25 players who each do 6 rounds 6 times"
They seemed utterly surprised when we told them that's not really a thing.

AFAIK most fellowships are on a curve with some newer players, some absent due to RL players, some empty spots, and some over-achievers.
That sounds much more like a normal FS than 25@6x6.

Pheryll

Set Designer
It said the troops are random but actually all I am seeing is the same .. heavy melee, a few mages, a few heavy ranged, the odd archer. Seems predictable in that sense still. I can mainly go with 5 mages or 5 archers every battle.
Beta has already documented the tendencies for enemies for each relic type:

Marble: Heavy Melee
Steel: Mage
Planks: Light Range
Crystal: Mage & Heavy Ranged
Scroll: Light Ranged & Heavy Ranged
Silk: Light Melee & Heavy Melee
Elixir: Light Range, Light Melee & Heavy Melee
Magic Dust: Light Melee, Mage & Heavy Ranged
Gems: Light Melee, Heavy Ranged & Heavy Melee

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
This is exactly the feedback we gave them on Beta.
Inno said "It'll be easier for fellowships to have 25 players who each do 6 rounds 6 times"
They seemed utterly surprised when we told them that's not really a thing.

AFAIK most fellowships are on a curve with some newer players, some absent due to RL players, some empty spots, and some over-achievers.
That sounds much more like a normal FS than 25@6x6.

Yes, but these changes also made it easier for a 20-person fellowship to do 2000 points each and get 10 chests. It is really when we get to the fellowships of maybe 15 members or less that the changes will hurt. Those are the ones where 3 or 4 members are getting 5k or 6k each, while the other members cover the rest. If finding a good, large fellowship were not so hard to do, these changes would be good for getting more people together and making full 25-member fellowships. Heck, in the old system, 10 good players could pull 4k each and get 10 chests, but no any more.

DeletedUser21570

My single biggest issue is with the expansions (premium or regular) being included. I get that changes happen and you must adapt. But of all the things in the new formula - that is the single one you CANNOT adjust for as a late game player. Everything else can be adjusted. Yes, if it is that important to a late game player they can make the choice to remove AWs they have spent months/years upgrading. It may not be what they want to do but they still have the choice if keeping the AW or having easier tournament is more important to them.

I can't remove expansions. I can't get the money back for premium ones or put the regular ones back into inventory. Everything else can be adjusted for and new players can be told to evaluate if placing that expansion is really necessary or just a nice to have. Or they get the choice to decide they don't care at all and will continue to place them.

I don't have that choice - and there is nothing I can do to counteract the impact of it. To me that is the biggest issue with this is that it has removed all choice for me on how to adapt to that aspect of the formula. Other than starting over with a new city and I have no desire to do that.

OCRassman

I'm not sure why I am leaving this feedback - it will echo sentiment left in 90+ pages of beta feedback, that was ignored.

1) Minmax's difficulty formula and the province grid are 100% accurate for me.
2) Our squad size escalates very quickly so that one squad lost will cost me 8hrs of barracks time to replace it - in round 2.
3) Catering at higher province levels is very very expensive. 12 hours worth of Orc production or 10% of my max gold supply - in round 1.

Inno has succeeded in limiting the number of provinces that can successfully be completed thus lessening the amount of KP, runes, relics and spells that we can pull. This will completely change how I play the game going forward.

SoggyShorts

Yes, but these changes also made it easier for a 20-person fellowship to do 2000 points each and get 10 chests.
Yeah, that's not the kind of FS I see much of.
Again, (i think) the norm for a mid-level FS is to have a range of players.
I don't believe that the changes for many of them will bring the bottom up enough to compensate for shopping the top.

Especially because TIME is the biggest factor for many players and grabbing that 6th round without a TW isn't going to suddenly happen for those lower end players.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I don't believe that the changes for many of them will bring the bottom up enough to compensate for shopping the top.

Especially because TIME is the biggest factor for many players and grabbing that 6th round without a TW isn't going to suddenly happen for those lower end players.

If the players have the interest and resources, they can do it. I have been doing 1600+ points in my Beta city for at least 6 weeks and I only just hit chapter 7. I did just under 4k points in gems last week, about 2/3 fighting, with only a health boost building out.

As for TW, it is better to craft and put out a baby polar bear and feed it. that is a 10% reduction, so it drops the time from 16 hours to about 14 1/4 hours. That alone let me do some of the 6-star provinces the past two weeks on Beta.

Beatleguise

I cant have empty spaces... So when I log in and see spots for different worlds. Have to fill in. Still waiting for the 9th world...
That being said, I have two accounts so I can have a Human and Elf in each World. (It is an OCD thing...) Some of my cities are still pretty small, only chapter 3, 4, and 5. But my main city is in Halflings, 2 are in Orcs, 2 in Fairies, and 2 in Dwarves. So I have a very diverse group for comparing new things.

I like the concept of the new system, it speeds things up when you have a lot of tents. And for people who normally struggle and dont get very far, I am sure this has improved the tournament immensely for them.

For me personally, in my smaller cities, even those in Orcs. I would say they can do twice as much now, even without fighting AWs or Boost buildings from the Magic Academy. So a vast improvement.

But for my main city, which I have always taken pride in the fact that I do very well as a fighter in tourneys. It has become exceptionally more difficult.
I have 6 armories, all maxed, both a well developed Bulwark and Shrooms, with a well developed Monastery, and even with a max Fire Phoenix and boost buildings from the Magic Academy, I an only able to do about 70% of what I was doing before. The enemy squad size goes up way to much.

I hope this is the kind of feedback you are looking for, and that it helps.

SoggyShorts

If the players have the interest and resources, they can do it.
Obviously.

Inno's claim was that this change would help more fellowships reach 10 chests, so those already easily doing so are irrelevant to that claim(so long as they haven't lost the ability to do so)

The fellowships in question are those who were close as either 8-9 chest fellowships or 4 week-push types. Whether they have improved results or not remains to seen but I suspect not.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Obviously.

Inno's claim was that this change would help more fellowships reach 10 chests, so those already easily doing so are irrelevant to that claim(so long as they haven't lost the ability to do so)

The fellowships in question are those who were close as either 8-9 chest fellowships or 4 week-push types. Whether they have improved results or not remains to seen but I suspect not.

Well, my Arendyll fellowship pretty much gets 6 chests every week, so we will see how they do this week.

SoggyShorts

Well, my Arendyll fellowship pretty much gets 6 chests every week, so we will see how they do this week.
6 chests is a good spot to test. I imagine there will be some improvement since doing the tournament is obviously less tedious, and some loss since there is increased difficulty/cost at advanced levels. The end result being.......?
Please let us know how it goes.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
6 chests is a good spot to test. I imagine there will be some improvement since doing the tournament is obviously less tedious, and some loss since there is increased difficulty/cost at advanced levels. The end result being.......?
Please let us know how it goes.

I need to look on elvenstats for my points in the last marble tournament for comparison. While I won't go anywhere near as far in provinces, I can do more stars to make up for that. Like many others, I tend to not do higher than the 2nd star because I just don't need what you get from the 3rd and 4th stars.

Edit: I did 4110 in the last marble and my fellowship did 15,570 and 6 chests.

Iyapo1

This keeps being brought up. I cant be the only one who hits tournament timers with a handful of speedups to keep my sleep undisturbed.

Edit : to be fair, as a spire fan I might have several hundred hours of speedups laying about.

Last edited:

Black watch

We're a 8.5 chest FS. I carry about 7 folks for one reason or another on our ten chest pushes, most have RL issues and lives that severely limit their time on. Most of my clan struggles with tourneys and remain somewhere around 500-1000. So far, the feed back is mostly negative. A few of the younger cities are saying it's easier, then again, they have little in the way of expansions etc.
I've seen what my clan can do... what it does and to have scout and manual fight above 9 is not making this faster at all. It's taking me as much time to do 20 open as it did 53 open in my last tourney. My losses in the first two rounds are stunning me and I'm having to manual fight because auto fight is throwing in losses. I'm pretty sure, we won't be hitting 10 chests any time in the near future. Time is the enemy.
I used to be able to cushion those folks and give them rewards... I can't do that any more. My other great tourney folks are also hampered and unhappy so far in no uncertain terms.
To put it bluntly... This Stinks!
So, time is an issue that is the biggest hurdle. I don't see my clan fiddling in little amounts to try and get 1,600 because they have lives in RL.
I'm interested in seeing the cater costs in the 4-5-6 rounds on the first page. Will my younger cities be able to deal with those?
INNO seems to think so, then again, INNO seems to thing things that really amaze me, and not in a good way.

So far, this is the biggest step back I can think of. They have literally gutted the joy out of the game for me.
Nice going INNO... idiots running the funny farm.