• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tournament Changes

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Is it true that optional squad size research impacts event buildings that provide troops negatively? I believe those are unit based and not based on squad size. The AWs are based on squad size, so that wouldn't be impacted.

Although, if the tourney and spire have nothing to do with squad size then I guess this doesn't really matter??

If you mean the Vallorian and Orc Strategist buildings, or the Evolving building we just got that gives mages, or the Brown Bear, the number of troops given by them is only modified by chapter and evolution level. Nothing else will increase their output.

Also, those troop instants that we can win in events are based on your world map squad size, so the more squad researches you do, the more troops those will give you.

Clusseau

Shoot..
Changes are hard... they add stress.
These Tournament changes include a LOT of "WTF" thinking!! ..(= there were much better ways to do things!)

But, really- the nut is about Advancements doing more harm than Good!!
If not for this feature- if this werent possible- then all other topics would be simple chatter.

And the reason its possible for "Advancements doing more harm than Good"
is their ridiculous "Multiplying" difficulty, instead of "Additive"....

Clearly, INNO already Does WTF thinking..... SO, how about just doing WTF about That??
Then, all that's left to Fix is banishing Cheaters!

GlamDoll

I am really salty about being punished & penalized for investing real $$$ into this game & having it do harm to my city...

Let alone more harm than good!

I for the life of me cannot comprehend how this is even remotely acceptable. I would have loved to been a fly on the wall when this was pitched at the meeting.

I stopped playing ALL of my cities but GlamDoll over a year ago. (I get a email about every two months for me to return & if I do, I get a 3000 diamond reward)?!

@InnoGames Dear Inno, could you please reward me on GlamDoll instead? You know? For staying here with her & spending money over & over again. If that is too much to ask, could you at least undo this outrageous nerf? Meet half way kinda thing.

Sigh...

Last edited:

qaccy

what is unanimous from the teams is that the 11th chest being an additional 10k for 1 RR spell and 10kp is really stupid,

Why? Prior to the addition, you simply got nothing in terms of FS rewards beyond the 10th chest. Maybe it'll help to think of these chests as bonuses for whatever scores your FS members are able to achieve, rather than rewards to directly push for. In other words, your members can continue to go for their own personal goals in the tournaments, and then you guys just collect whatever bonus chests happen to come your way from that.

qaccy

LOL. IDK about anyone else & I am speaking only for myself here....but 1 RR spell & 10kp is not a bonus to me...I don't care if I had millions of resources...not worth my time & effort. And I do, BTW.
Again though, look at how I explained it. If you're going to achieve the same score either way, I don't see how getting additional rewards is a bad thing. And perhaps that's the intent. Do what you've always done, and if that's enough to get these bonus prizes, you're now getting extra for what you've been doing this whole time.

My FS for example frequently gets a combined score of 80k+ in a given tournament. After the changes, that means we're now going to be getting an extra 30 or 40 KP along with an extra 3-4 RR spells each week, for no extra work from us. The 'extra' KP is more up in the air because many of the higher scorers will now be getting less KP from province rewards after the changes, but the extra RRs are truly a bonus and taking the entire FS together, I think we're coming out ahead compared to the rewards of the old system.

Risen Malchiah

The 'extra' KP is more up in the air because many of the higher scorers will now be getting less KP from province rewards after the changes.
This is significant. If I drop from doing 50 provinces down to 30, then even if we get all 9 new chests, it won't cover half of the KP I'm losing. And I don't expect us to suddenly have 25 players doing 6k+ in the new tourney system on a regular basis.

GlamDoll

Again though, look at how I explained it.

Greetings. Thank you for taking the time & energy. I understand your point & I am thrilled that you are in a FS that can do that. Sounds stellar!

I, however, have gone from being able to do 30+ provinces (almost all fighting) in the past month (now that I am finally in a FS), to 8!!!!!!! Yes, 8!!!!!

I also am at the top of The Spire almost every Sunday. I WAS top in my FS for tourny score for a month. (Check me on GlamDoll on ElvenStats to confirm & verify).

I can't win with my 3 star mages in province 9!

I understand you, I hope you understand me now.

I can't do what you are saying unless I cater my goods away....and that is not happening, because the Spire is relentless with me, just in case anyone thought I was here.

BrinDarby

@CrazyWizard & @SoggyShorts ,
I thought the forum was where ppl helped each other...
You can mock me all ya want for my browsing preferences but
Seriously I ask'd for 4 pieces of data, I guess thats too much to
ask for around here.......

Well set a personal record this week 9x6 finished....
I did use a DA, and I catered 7,8,9.....
Troops need'd to fight scales up way too quickly
both prov->prov but round->round .....
Province 1, round 6 was insane compared to round 1.

I had hoped expansions and SS wouldn't count against
a player and am amazed and bewildered that the #1 thing
all players need, and will pay for, and that also allows players
to place all these AWs that count against you.... is Expansions !!

Its insane because all other things depend on this..... If you have
no space, you can't progress your city, you can't place AWs, you
cant have more armories to feed the excessive scaling of troop loss,
and you can't even overscout... to open provinces and EARN more
space..... So basically 1 thing that counts against you if you have more
of them..... also hurts everything else when you have as few as possible.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I thought the forum was where ppl helped each other...
You can mock me all ya want for my browsing preferences but
Seriously I ask'd for 4 pieces of data, I guess thats too much to
ask for around here.......
You can lead a horse to water...

I mean seriously, you asked for information, we told you where it was, and you said you won't use that.
Who's at fault here?
What do you expect us to do?

GlamDoll

I ask'd for information, not where it was located...

Yes, you did ask for info
No, you did not specify where it would be

Seriously, I thought my debating attributes were lacking...

And they are! That's why I almost never do. We have great people here trying to help people & you are being beyond rude!

Hit me with your best shot! Make it a one shot kill!

BrinDarby

ok, @ElegantCassandra ,
Me rude ??? OMG.... the forum is supposed to be players helping players, not players
denegrading and bully'n other players......for thier own personal ammusement !!!

I ask'd for a specific help, thats too much to ask around here, and I will NOT BE
chastized or denegraded by Soggy or anyone else.......

1 formula that supposedly is used for everything justy changed, I ask'd how that change
effected a specific part of the game. When infact supposedly the chg didn't effect it, I simply
ask'd for a couple of data points....

MinMax doesn't just have the formula listed, nor a traditional calculator....
But again, I guess this forum isn't about players helping players..... or long
before now someone wudda said, ohh Brin you don't go there.... hold on...
I can help ya, I'll get ya that info.....

How hard is that, obviously harder than ppl around here can do.... hahahahaha

qaccy

Greetings. Thank you for taking the time & energy. I understand your point & I am thrilled that you are in a FS that can do that. Sounds stellar!

I, however, have gone from being able to do 30+ provinces (almost all fighting) in the past month (now that I am finally in a FS), to 8!!!!!!! Yes, 8!!!!!

I also am at the top of The Spire almost every Sunday. I WAS top in my FS for tourny score for a month. (Check me on GlamDoll on ElvenStats to confirm & verify).

I can't win with my 3 star mages in province 9!

I understand you, I hope you understand me now.

I can't do what you are saying unless I cater my goods away....and that is not happening, because the Spire is relentless with me, just in case anyone thought I was here.

I can see how there's certainly a possibility for some very difficult battles with this new system, since the enemies are almost entirely random now. This tournament strongly favors heavy melee as enemies, but the system still allows for any other unit type to appear as well. It's totally possible that a battle has a pretty annoying combo that's difficult or maybe even impossible to beat without a prohibitive boost to units. In my case, I went through and unlocked every province I had available in round 1 as I've always done, but since then I've only cleared the battles that are easily winnable for me and I've still been doing fairly well without too many troop losses. For the provinces that go beyond the old enemy maximum of 1.6x my squad size, that means pretty much only the battles that have nothing but heavy units and/or mages in them. Light units are the pain point here and the battles that typically cost me the most troops.

Also, @BrinDarby, these resources take time and effort to create. Why can't you take time to use them instead of wanting to be spoonfed the information? The 'help' you're claiming to not be getting here and that forums are 'supposed to be for' has already been received, in that you've been directed to where you can find the info you're looking for. It's not anyone here's responsibility to post that information again over here when it's already available to look at. Or, to put it your way...if you 'don't use google' for whatever reason, why are you making others use it on your behalf? That seems kinda messed up to me.

Last edited:

Pheryll

Set Designer
MinMax doesn't just have the formula listed, nor a traditional calculator....
But again, I guess this forum isn't about players helping players..... or long
before now someone wudda said, ohh Brin you don't go there.... hold on...
I can help ya, I'll get ya that info.....

If you want to derive the formula yourself, then it is easy once you know the form it takes and the variables used.
Variables:
Research: Total of all mandatory technologies (those that are required by other technologies)
City Size: Count of all expansions, premium expansions are counted as a fraction of an expansion
Relic Bonus: Maximum of 700%, it is the highest bonus given by any one of your relics
AW levels: The total of all levels present in your wonders

Base Tourney/Spire Squad Size: Exponential function(research) * linear function(relic bonus) * linear function(city size) * linear function(AW levels)
Tourney multiplier: Your diagonal number (diagonal 1 is 1-1, diagonal 20 is 20-1, 19-2, 18-3, 17-4, 16-5, 15-6)

Catering for tourney is proportional to the squad size you are able to bring in. The Elvenar team has from time to time tweaked some of the values within the formula, but the form and the variables used have remained the same. For earlier versions of the formula, you can see those in MinMax's blogs (which I presume you have already looked at).

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I ask'd for information, not where it was located...
take time to use them instead of wanting to be spoonfed the information?
The answers to your question requires information about your city. Someone would have to ask you for the details needed, go input it into a calculator, then come back and provide you with the answers. Good luck with that!

Yogi Dave

@BrinDarby the questions are:

What Race (Elf or Human)?
What chapter are you in?
How many expansions have you placed?
What is the cost of the next premium expansion?
How many mandatory techs in the your current chapter have you completed?
How many AW levels do you have?
What is the largest boost of your T1, T2, or T3?

However, all I'll tell you is the base tourney and spire squad sizes. There is too much information about catering cost and details about troops you and they bring for each prov. This is all shown in a large table for the tourney and spire. To be honest, I don't know what your original question was. 12 pages of hunting for it is too much work for me.