• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Never Enough Orcs

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I'm having a real problem getting enough orcs to use in the spire (regular orcs for catering; not fighters). I have 3 orc nests and 4 armories, and I'll craft another orc nest as soon as one comes up. But I was just wondering if there were some other building that gives orcs. Even event buildings or anything (who knows? I might have an event building at a lower chapter that I could upgrade.) If you know of any, please let me know, and thanks.

alainemk

The Air Traders' Voyage event offered Orc Ships that gives. . .Orcs. Do you have any in inventory?
edited to add, the upcoming The Misty Forest Event also contains event buildings that give Orcs. The main prize "the witch's hut" and "scare carriage". BTW Elvenarchitect now has a comparison page for Orcs.

Last edited:

Darielle

Ooh ... Elvenarchitect! I love that site but I didn't realize it had that.

Although I don't have orc ships (or if I did, I deleted them), but I'll check out the Misty Forest event and save my tokens to get those.

Thanks!

StarLoad

Personally, I feel the Orc Nest is the way to go, outside of the new evolving bldg for Halloween. I craft all I see once I get to O&G and even my smallest city that has passed that point (Halflings now) has 8 and 742K Orcs

Darielle

The Air Traders' Voyage event offered Orc Ships that gives. . .Orcs. Do you have any in inventory?
edited to add, the upcoming The Misty Forest Event also contains event buildings that give Orcs. The main prize "the witch's hut" and "scare carriage". BTW Elvenarchitect now has a comparison page for Orcs.
Well whadayaknow? I found an orc ship in my inventory after all. I just had to dig for it, lol. It is now down in my city and I thank you for the suggestion!

Darielle

Personally, I feel the Orc Nest is the way to go, outside of the new evolving bldg for Halloween. I craft all I see once I get to O&G and even my smallest city that has passed that point (Halflings now) has 8 and 742K Orcs
I think so too ... free orcs are great; the ones in the armory cost a ton of supplies. I'll be trying hard to snag every one I find. (Your smallest city is in halflings? Woah, I can't wait to get that big. I only have one city, and I'm nearing the end of S and D so I'll be in Halflings soon ... provided I don't decide to take a break from chapters. Those dang guest buildings are getting huge!)

NightshadeCS

Orcs is a real bottleneck, and in Chapter 16, it is brutal. The guest race buildings require orc heads to make beer, so I am always running out.

I had to completely stop production of troops that require orc heads, and then run the 12 hour cycle on my armories non-stop, using timer instants quite often to shave off an hour or two. Orc Nests, also, as many as I could squeeze in and making sure to always craft them and replace older chapter versions.

Darielle

Currently in Woodelves. Which is the bigger bottleneck going to be in the next few chapters: orcs or mana?
Yeah, I would agree with Ed and say mana. Orcs are a pain to go without, but without mana your research shuts down entirely, and you need TONS AND TONS of it in S and D (and I'm assuming beyond as well).

NightshadeCS

Orcs never became a problem for me until the last couple of chapters (15, 16), when I had to stop producing the troops that require them in order to have enough for research and guest race production. NOTE: I only have 3 armories, and many folks I know have 4, so keep that in mind.

Mana was up and down. Seeds, also. Some of the later chapters need more or less, so you have to kind of shift back and forth a bit. I have never been able to completely disregard either, though my mana needs at the end of 16 are quite low (for now).

A good Dragon Abbey can help with mana demands, though, as you can get it quickly in a pinch.

Darielle

I'll be able to get the dragon abbey as soon as I complete about 8 more techs. That's good to know.

As far as orcs go, I probably need more because I cater the spire, and for some reason, the spire is always hungry for orcs. Those who fight would need less, I know. On the same topic, though, I was out of orcs yesterday and instead fought froggie. I was sure I'd lose, but I didn't. I guess having all the things for our push tourney out ... fire fed, uuu, and dwarven armorer, helped a lot. I may try more fights in the spire from now on.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I'll be able to get the dragon abbey as soon as I complete about 8 more techs. That's good to know.

As far as orcs go, I probably need more because I cater the spire, and for some reason, the spire is always hungry for orcs. Those who fight would need less, I know. On the same topic, though, I was out of orcs yesterday and instead fought froggie. I was sure I'd lose, but I didn't. I guess having all the things for our push tourney out ... fire fed, uuu, and dwarven armorer, helped a lot. I may try more fights in the spire from now on.
I used to cater Spire and fight tournament. I simply could not produce enough troops to fight both. Then a few weeks ago, they changed the way the military buildings worked. Once I could run Barracks, Training Gounds, and Mercenary Camp all at the same time instead of 1 at the time, there was a massive improvement in troop availabilty. I started fighting the Spire also and things are working out so far. This is probably a good thing, because I also recently moved into Woodelves and I don't have enough Orc production to continue a cater only strategy in Spire, even if I wanted to!

Darielle

I used to cater Spire and fight tournament. I simply could not produce enough troops to fight both. Then a few weeks ago, they changed the way the military buildings worked. Once I could run Barracks, Training Gounds, and Mercenary Camp all at the same time instead of 1 at the time, there was a massive improvement in troop availabilty. I started fighting the Spire also and things are working out so far. This is probably a good thing, because I also recently moved into Woodelves and I don't have enough Orc production to continue a cater only strategy in Spire, even if I wanted to!
I'm going to try to build up troops and see if that strategy works for me, too. I do love the new troops; 18 slots is a lot better than 5, that's for sure! My only problem is coming up with enough supplies to constantly fill those slots. I have 8 workshops that were all maxed till I hit this chapter (S and D); I'm maxing them to this level a few at a time. I'm sure that will help when I get them maxed.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I'm going to try to build up troops and see if that strategy works for me, too. I do love the new troops; 18 slots is a lot better than 5, that's for sure! My only problem is coming up with enough supplies to constantly fill those slots. I have 8 workshops that were all maxed till I hit this chapter (S and D); I'm maxing them to this level a few at a time. I'm sure that will help when I get them maxed.
If you don't have the Prosperity Towers AW already, try it. It produces lots of supplies on its own and it makes your Power of Provision spells both more powerful and longer lasting. It really helps me keep up with my supplies.

Darielle

If you don't have the Prosperity Towers AW already, try it. It produces lots of supplies on its own and it makes your Power of Provision spells both more powerful and longer lasting. It really helps me keep up with my supplies.
ooh that sounds good. I had asked friends whether they thought I should build shrooms or prosperity (I only had room for 1) and they all said shrewdy shrooms. I'm a bit sorry now. I'll keep that in mind when I get a bit of space.