• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Mercenary Camp?

StarLoad

While their health and attack points may be higher than the dogs (that are glass cannons in their own right), their more restricted range means they are vulnerable to more hits (reducing health and attack) so they aren't even attacking at full strength when they finally reach the target.
This is the key point and TY @samidodamage for expressing it better than I could.

Aedman

Is the Mercenary Camp how to get the frog and the two-headed dog (Cerberus) onto the battle field?.They're stuck, at present.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
If you are an elvish player, the most important thing about the Mercenary Camp is the Blossom Mage. Frankly, the elvish Sorceress mage unit kind of sucks. The Blossom Mage is a huge improvement. So an elvish player wants to build the MC as soon as possible in order to start making Blossom Mages. If you are playing as a human you already have Priests, which are a fantastic mage unit. So a human player can afford to wait a little longer to build the MC.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@Aedman
If you are already training cerebus (training ground is unlocked in Ch2) and have some frogs from other buildings (since you say they are 'stuck'), your issue is probably not noticing the tabs at the top of the window where you pick your units for the battlefield (at least that was my issue when I was learning combat early on!). There are 3 tabs at the top with similar crossed-swords icons. The first is default (shows up after clicking 'fight' from the main encounter screen). If you click the second, it will open the training grounds and you can select cerebus from there. The third is the merc camp ( not unlocked to build until Ch7) and you can select frogs from there. If you craft Vallorian Valor or Grounds of the Orc Strategist buildings in the Magic Academy, you can get those units well before you unlock them in-game as well. Vallorian Guards will appear in the merc camp tab and Orc Strats in the training grounds tab.

Aedman

@Aedman
If you are already training cerebus (training ground is unlocked in Ch2) and have some frogs from other buildings (since you say they are 'stuck'), your issue is probably not noticing the tabs at the top of the window where you pick your units for the battlefield (at least that was my issue when I was learning combat early on!). There are 3 tabs at the top with similar crossed-swords icons. The first is default (shows up after clicking 'fight' from the main encounter screen). If you click the second, it will open the training grounds and you can select cerebus from there. The third is the merc camp ( not unlocked to build until Ch7) and you can select frogs from there. If you craft Vallorian Valor or Grounds of the Orc Strategist buildings in the Magic Academy, you can get those units well before you unlock them in-game as well. Vallorian Guards will appear in the merc camp tab and Orc Strats in the training grounds tab.
@samidodamage Wow! I hadn't noticed the tabs. Thank you so much.