• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Getting to second base?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
What happens if you get 9 witch hats (but not the second building) and then 2 more hats from the FA?
Will there be a witch hut base craftable in your MA rotation or just nothing to spend those new hats on?

Somethings not quite right with the title of this thread...

AtaguS

Ya. My Valentine Float and Festive Tree artifacts want to know.
To my knowledge, there haven't been recent event bases in the MA rotation going back as far as last winter. I may be wrong on that, and eagerly await a proper answer.

DarkKitty

Dumb question... If you place the base building, can you then craft a new one and use your upgrade spells on that? Or is that just stupid wishful thinking?

The Unbeliever

Dumb question... If you place the base building, can you then craft a new one and use your upgrade spells on that? Or is that just stupid wishful thinking?
Wishful thinking sadly...

Just to be perfectly clear, I "liked" your answer because you gave me facts. I did not like your facts, I want another base lol.
I told you to spend the diamonds! :p

...this was actually the very first event that I spent some dias on myself, and I'm absolutely thrilled I did, since I now have 2x Lv1 Witch Huts, and picked up 10 total upgrades.
While I won't be placing the second one right away, since I'd ideally want it at least Lv6 before spending the space on it, I at least *have it* for the future, since unlike in FoE, the base buildings (thus far) are never retuning to the following year's events.
(ie: 2019 Phoenix event had the 3 Phoenix types, but this year's offered only the new Coldfire...)

Henroo

Oh Wise One
If you only have the 2 extra artifacts from the upcoming fellowship adventure, would a 2nd Witch Hut even be worthwhile? It would only be stage 3.

The Unbeliever

If you only have the 2 extra artifacts from the upcoming fellowship adventure, would a 2nd Witch Hut even be worthwhile? It would only be stage 3.
There is always the chance that come next year's Halloween event, they will offer the 2:1 conversion recipes in the MA crafting.
Always a good idea to hang on to this year's stuff, since as we've seen with the recent Phoenix & Bear events, the new building were absolute garbage vs. the previous years... (ie: Coldfire Phoenix vs. Fire + Storm birdies)

Who knows, perhaps next year's Halloween building will be complete trash and not worth the space, and if it's possible to convert artifacts, even a possible Lv6-7 Witch Hut could easily be light years better value than a potential turd sandwich. (*cough*coldfirephoenix*cough*)

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog

That was my thought too. If you think about it, if almost all players think it has to be at some level to be useful and if the amount of artifacts "left over" from the event and the FA are less than that level (whatever it is), most players won't build it or craft it. I suspect the "magic level" is at least 5 so very few would craft it or build it. But if you put it into rotation to be built you will be taking that slot away from a lot of people who would never build it to satisfy the very few who would have enough artifacts to build the second as a useful addition to their city. I'm glad they are not in rotation for that reason.

AJ

Henroo

Oh Wise One
There is always the chance that come next year's Halloween event, they will offer the 2:1 conversion recipes in the MA crafting.
Always a good idea to hang on to this year's stuff, since as we've seen with the recent Phoenix & Bear events, the new building were absolute garbage vs. the previous years... (ie: Coldfire Phoenix vs. Fire + Storm birdies)

Who knows, perhaps next year's Halloween building will be complete trash and not worth the space, and if it's possible to convert artifacts, even a possible Lv6-7 Witch Hut could easily be light years better value than a potential turd sandwich. (*cough*coldfirephoenix*cough*)
I don't think there will be a 2:1 conversion for the Halloween event. So far the Phoenixes and Bears are the only categories that get conversions. But they are also the only buildings that use pet food. As far as I know, there has never been an artifact conversion option for any building that does not use pet food.

StarLoad

To Answer that YOU must determine the value of the 16 spaces and the rewards you gain, For a few of my cities the Hut #1 is at 10 and Hut #2 is from 3 - 5 before the FA. In both cases I was able to remove 2 Orc Nests for each Hut and increase the overall Orc productions and add Frogs, Pop, and Culture ... Clearly a win-win.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
To Answer that YOU must determine the value of the 16 spaces and the rewards you gain, For a few of my cities the Hut #1 is at 10 and Hut #2 is from 3 - 5 before the FA. In both cases I was able to remove 2 Orc Nests for each Hut and increase the overall Orc productions and add Frogs, Pop, and Culture ... Clearly a win-win.
If you got that many artifacts in the event, you did really well. I managed to get the 2nd base in each of my 3 cities, but did not get any extra artifacts. And I have seen many people here complaining that they didn't get 9 artifacts to fully evolve the 1st Witch Hut.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Yup, the Witch hut is still worth placing.
It gives way more orcs than 2 orc nests and it gives more frogs than 2 orc strategists. Easy 100% gain.
It's even worth placing at level 1.

I ran the numbers for chapter 15
a fully evolved witch hut:
Heavey ranged equal to 7.7 Grounds of the orc strategists =69sq
Orcs equal to 3.25 orc nests =29.25sq
pop equal to 0.35 res = 5.75sq
plus 3 KP per day
------------------------------
104 squares of value in 18sq.

Kekune

@Henroo , Soggy said he'd place it even at level 1.

In my ch17 city, level 1 provides per day:
- 1.7k orcs
- 1.3k frogs
- roughly 2k pop
- roughly 9k culture

Those numbers get even better at lvl 3, obviously.

In ch 17:
- 4x2 Orc nests = 1080 orcs and 4k culture
- 2x4 Grounds of orc strat = 32 strats per day and 7900 culture

No combination of 16 squares of those orc buildings sounds better to me than the lvl 1 witch hut. And the hut is a lot better looking. Honestly, I keep going back to check that I'm giving you the right numbers because it seems too good.