• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tournament Changes

Valtitude

I work in user experience field and maybe my pessimism comes from being so deep in the workings of product experience, but this change is extremely counter motivating to play Elvenar any further. Before anyone says 'we need to test and see for ourselves' or 'benefits outweigh costs'; I have already followed that in beta and MinMax's formula is 100% accurate. My thoughts on this are not based on personal opinion, but rather on numerical objective facts.

Let me explain why I feel so, there are two aspects of Elvenar;
1. Build and progress your city. Without this aspect there is no more reason to log in anymore or play any further.
2. Put the outcome of your effort to test and get gratification for the time and thought you put in it.

Without the second aspect of testing, choices and planning done for the first aspect become pointless. That reward system that tells you how well you did is what pushes you towards wanting more out of your city.

Let's look at the things that fall under first category, Build and Progress aspect; Research, Expansions, Building and leveling AWs, upgrading buildings, improving layout, optimazing number of building types (culture/residence/WS/resource buildings).
Inno's business model relies on people wanting more out of their cities or wanting it faster. Collector's drive is particularly a big push for wanting more AWs and keeping event buildings and therefore needing more space, as well as hoarder's drive for people wanting more resource buildings hence needing more space for them (and the residence/WS need they create). Even when I know I am being tricked into their business model I didn't have a problem with paying money for what I want, that extra space that will satisfy my drive of wanting more.

And that drive was gratified by the way Inno set up how I can put my effort and (time and money) investment to test: Spire and Tournaments. I enjoyed doing better than before once I invested a bit more into planning as well as time/money.

Now it is a clear fact, (not an opinion but rather a mathematical calculation reality) there are two high optimum points in terms of how well your city can perform in the test part. One is as early as Orc chapter, other is mid-15 chapter. If you do the optimized Orc chapter build, you can stop there and your progress will only make your success in spire and tourney worse till you hit that next optimum point at chap 15. And beyond that there is no rewards, just downsides to any change you do in terms of build and progress.

I do not like the idea of stop progressing at such an early chapter at Orcs, and intend to keep pushing to 15. But knowing that at point I will have to stop makes me really unmotivated to progress faster. Knowing that there is nothing more I will want out of my city at that point, combined with having no reason to want it faster; makes me disengaged. What baffles my mind is that it is 100% againt Inno's business model interests as well!

My thought is that they assumed players would never know about these facts, but we DO know thanks to efforts of many. One would think that since this is the case now, Inno as a business would improve things. But sadly I am involved in how things work enough to know that; Inno upper management decided that this game has enough content and it should cease development costs for more content; then some middle manager was tasked with reducing player progression speed; and some developer was tasked by that middle manager to accomplish that. At this point admitting their work is poor quality will make that developer and the middle manager look bad, so they will pressure community manager to keep people happy, and paid community manager will pressure unpaid volunteer moderators to achieve that. Those moderators who one day want a paid community manager role will try to do so. And this will be the end of the story. A sad end to a beautiful game..
I'm replying in mid-November 2020. My experience in a different type of software development, says you are absolutely correct about what you see happening in Inno's corporate development structure. Who wins? Hmm, let's see ...
Customer satisfaction is a thing of the past in too many places. It needs to be revived and regenerated.
Thank you for putting this into words.

I love the game of Elvenar, but dislike the heavy shift to content - too many events and freaking FAs.
Tournaments are working very well for me with the changes, but building troops - not so much.

Have to admit, I'm still not clear about AWs ... are AWs worth filling with KPs or just AWs for military and culture, which I have done already? Forget the rest.

ET-inf3rno

I'm replying in mid-November 2020. My experience in a different type of software development, says you are absolutely correct about what you see happening in Inno's corporate development structure. Who wins? Hmm, let's see ...
Customer satisfaction is a thing of the past in too many places. It needs to be revived and regenerated.
Thank you for putting this into words.

I love the game of Elvenar, but dislike the heavy shift to content - too many events and freaking FAs.
Tournaments are working very well for me with the changes, but building troops - not so much.

Have to admit, I'm still not clear about AWs ... are AWs worth filling with KPs or just AWs for military and culture, which I have done already? Forget the rest.

Some of the AWs definitely, for example the level 30 simia sapiens gives you +40% unit production and your tournament squad size increases only by 9%. Some AWs increase training speed, like the needles, flying academy, victory springs, which means around +33% total unit production for 9% increased tournament squad size, probably somewhat less, because you have AWs that make units too, but we can say it is +20% at least. There are other AWs, which are useful because of increased training size, like the bulvark or the shrine of shrooms. For me it is a must to have them, because they triple my traing duration. It is around 15 hours instead of 5 hours currently in the barracks. Sometimes I login only after 12-16 hours. The timewarp is useful for me too, because I can finish the tournament in one hour on tuesday and I don't have to login each day just to do another level, but it is expensive to have it, currently it increases the tournament squad size by 6.3%. There are many other AWs which affect unit production, good production, population, culture, supply production, etc. In the old system most of them were very useful, in the new system it is really hard to decide which ones to keep. With many of them you spare some area. For example you don't have to buy expansions to replace your golden abyss with magic residences, but both AW levels and expansions increase tournament squad size, so you need to calculate how many expansions you win for how many AW levels. Currently for the golden abyss they are about the same in my city or maybe it is somewhat better to buy expansions and build magic residences, but there are many factors. For example I did not check how would it affect my coin production or my culture bonus, I checked only the population. Another thing, that I could build factories or armories on the empty area or if I have to buy expansions, then it will cost a lot of diamonds. Yet another thing that building more factories would increase the pop the golden abyss gives and upgrading the main hall increases its coin production. So it is very hard to decide in many cases if it is good to have a certain AW.

Last edited:

Black watch

Well, most of my clan is doing alright in the tourney and anyone that struggles in tourney play can stay on the first page and still be relevant.
Several of our players are hitting the 2,000 mark fairly often. 1000-1500 is fairly normal for many. These numbers are generalized over all the tourneys we've played in this new format. WE like the fact that we went from 8.5 average chest to 10 (though we hit a bump and missed one ten chest by 120 points due to RL.) Eleven chests have been reached twice.
My personal average has dropped several thousand points... I'm having to scout just about everything because I loose so many troops after 20 spots open. Boosted heavily is the only way to play over 20 spots open due to the monster losses. Even if you win, you loose incredible amounts that take massive resources to replace.
So scouting is a must in my opinion. The speed of play is not a perk, because manual fighting is pretty much standard above 15 spots unless you really don't care about thousands of troops lost for no real reason. So, scouting, then manual fighting erases any early time savings.
Overall, we've adjusted. We're doing better. The poor performers in the tourney are doing better.
I have to say... we're doing better overall.
The rub is... our higher ranked fighters are now just in the "normal" range unless boosted.
INNO has leveled the playing field with a heavy hand. There are perks with that, but the astounding costs and troop losses continue to be an issue.
We have provinces open that will never see a tourney visit.
It's better overall and yet if feels like it's lost some- something... Joy?
We used to bust our butt to make progress... now... it's pretty damn easy... so I don't know.
My earlier post was very negative about the new tourney system... it's not that bad though in some respects.
But the time savings is a lie... I've seen an increase in time on for tourney play and a very sharp reduction in my production in the tourneys.
Smaller players are making good progress however.

Just thought I'd update on this.

Alistaire

The time savings is so good it makes me feel like the conversation went like this:

person 1: People are doing too much in tourneys. We want it gimped, hard.
person 2: Well, people won't like that, is there anything we can do to offset a change like that?
person 1: How about making it 1 fight instead of 4, people will love the time saved so much!

Black watch

I CAN auto fight also... I CAN... I choose not to because the cost and time in troops is too high. Obviously there are some that look like it's going to be fine. I still scout. That's time.
I still manual fight, because Autofight saps troops like crazy. I've lost many fights on autofight only to manual fight it again and win pretty damn handily. Between the Spire costing me more and more and the tourney's adding to that from about 13 open on... by the time I get through the tourney it's sapped my army terribly.
I fight a lot... I don't like seeing these losses even when I win.
Other's have posted the numbers on encounters when they win. I'm no different.
If I want to cripple my army before I have to go into the spire on Sunday... then I manuel fight to keep the costs down.
My personal time doing this with scouting is no big savings when all is said and done.
I'm also talking about all the rounds to 6 stars. Again, obviously the first round is easier, that is until you hit around twenty open and that's eye opening in itself.
Overall. I'm liking the tourney ease for the clan... for me... it's easier on my carpel-tunnel... but I miss the tourney's with all my open provinces open and my costs in troop lower.
Fighting without boost active over 20 is a shock.
So, yeah... I'll stand by my statement. I think it takes as long as it did when I was fighting at 50 open. I just don't see the KP now and my losses are worse.
I've also noted most of the tourney scores are much lower now too. I don't think it's just me.
If Autofight didn't run your Ranger into the teeth of the enemy on autofight for no reason every time... or any of the other things it does... then maybe I'd be a little happier with the tourney.
I can't argue with ten chests though...

Oh, and what app? I play on a desktop. I assume that's some mobile app. Something like "I can do my rounds of all my open province's in 5 minutes" thing. Well. I don't have that.
I also don't have the spire app that helps with catering either.

Blackie

Black watch

I found this on the other thread...

For some context, I have a late game town (end tech when changes occured) but I also play the game with my family so I have witnessed and experienced the impacts on town around ch 4, 6, 7 and 15. The larger towns have bought and spent diamonds while the little towns are free to play. As we typically log twice a day I would call us casual players although some might not consider me such.

Pros:
  • 1 fight per province - fairly obvious benefits on the face of it (time and clicks), but completely overshadowed by a con for anyone trying to do more than 20 provinces (approx)
  • Increased difficulty scaling as provinces increase - The concept of making this more difficulty so that skill comes into play rather than production and provinces scouted is a nice idea
  • Catering for small towns - not just viable but potentially outshines combat, allowing troops to be saved for world map. Harder for the chapter 3/4 towns who have to cater world maps but they can save troops until those fights become realistic.
  • Gifting of approx 10 provinces to each player. Costs are so small these provinces are extremely cheap for the rewards. It encourages people to achieve a decent tourny score for fellowship and get good individual benefits
  • Gifting of 10 chests - Making the first provinces so easy for each player makes getting 10 chests extremely easy. Kids fellowship was around 8 chests a week with the occasional 9 or 10 chests. They jumped immediately to 11 to 12 chests with how easy everything was made
  • Time saving for a casual town doing 20 or less provinces (this pro changes to a negative at 20+ for casual towns)
Neutral:
  • Always 5 enemy squads - This can be postive and negative. It reduces variety but also makes it easier to assess difficulty as it is always a 5v5 fight. People really struggled with the understanding that an 8v5 fight could be easy as the didn't understand the comparison of squad sizes
  • Including of expansions and wonders in cost of doing tournaments - I like the concept of scaling but am unsure if this was the best way to do that. The impacts of the chosen method are listed under negatives, whther real or not there is strong negative perceptions.

Negatives (all towns):
  • Lack of variety - I now have 2 spires every week and that is boring and expensive. I love spire and tournaments and liked that they were different and unique in their style, approach, planning, etc. Together it feela much more grindy and costly. 1 spire a week was great but 2 just feels too much and the rewards for the second spire don't scale the same as the first.
  • Buying diamonds :diamond: - I feel punished for buying and spending diamonds, my kids towns can outscore my town while still building troops and goods. I struggle to obtain my score in what I believe to be an unsustainable fashion. Only reason I beat their scores currently (by a small margin) is our timezone only allows for 4 rounds (without timewarp/polar bear) and I control their bed times :). I bought diamonds to make my game easier in terms of guest races and tournaments, so I could do more with the space.
  • Levelling wonders - Same as buying diamonds, I worked hard in tournaments to level wonders to help me do more. Unsure how badly wonders are hurting me as I understand it is a complex formula but the combined effect is hurting
  • Manual combat - To be competitive this has become necessary, impossible for a casual player to have a chance of competing as the time is not an option and the auto-combat and map issues are compounded now. Manual combat is very time intensive and involves way more clicks (this completely negates the benefits of 1 fight per province in terms of time and clicks for 20+ provinces)
  • Limited challenge - I can do 20 or so provinces for no real challenege (Boring - I couldn't even lose first 10 fights in beta while trying to lose them,no satisfaction in accomplishment). If I try to go past that point the losses scale so quickly it feels too steep in the "difficulty"
  • Random enemies
    • Auto-combat AI is known to struggle more with multiple unit choices but random enemies forces mutliple selections which means higher losses, this compounds with the random bad map and high losses.
    • Lack of strategy and reliant on luck. This compounds with the luck of a decent map and luck of AI behaving
  • Auto-combat - When the AI fails now the results can be crippling. Placing 5 archers up against 5 HM and getting wiped out is heart breaking, even worse when you have a level 30 needles, and some boost buildings and your only in provinces 20-30.
Negatives (Small towns specifically):
  • Random enemies - This creates a lack of training for new towns in combat. New towns have a very difficult time learning the combat system, players recognise this as the most difficult time in the game to combat on the world map. The world map scales faster then their town does for the first couple chapters. They used to be able to come to tournaments to learn how it worked in a scalable way. Now the fights are gifted to them their learning is impeded. The fights don't match the world map so they lose that benefit and they can't actually lose a fight if they put 5 squads in. Most towns this size only have up to 10 or so provinces. Learning requires level of challnege which the first 10 provinces don't have.
I am certainly concerned by the impacts of the change on the game. Push accounts have been rewarded and single player accounts punished. The new system allows for a lot of abuse in a proportion never seen in tournies so far, but it takes time to build those towns. I am aware of people already making push accounts and tourny exploit accounts to exploit the new system.

The other major concern is the strategy for tournaments is to delete wonders and not progress your town. These are the strategies experienced players are now teaching newer players of the game. It took time for the "don't research SS techs" to become a common strategy, something that really didn't have a major effect on progression or competitivness. Only time will tell how the new strategy will be adopted and impact the game.

Mykan's post is fantastic.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I CAN auto fight also... I CAN... I choose not to because the cost and time in troops is too high.
This was always true though.
Manual has always been and I think should always be better than auto-fight.
Now the total losses for both have gone up(after 10 chests) and some choose to do manual fighting to try and come closer to previous levels.

I don't really think that there's anything wrong with bringing up the bottom and bringing down the top a little, the issue as I see it is in how it was done so that progress doesn't give advantage anymore.

Last edited:

sam767

Max expansions, just into CH17. CAL about 8200.
I originally went 50ishx2 then 4x9 for 5Kish (my standard). Brutal losses. 5HR instants collapsed from 300 to about 50 IIRC. Huge time sink with manual fighting.
Last week went 20x6 for 5400. Very easy, fast, low losses. This week 24x6, also relatively easy, 6K+. As other point out, more manual fighting past 20 if there is a spoiler. Losses aren't bad and should be replaced with normal (non Brown bear) production. 5HR are back up over 200. I'll try 30x6 for 8K next week. Then I suspect I will feel the pain!!!

Pet food has been plentiful for me. I spend a DA or 2xUUU every week. If I cannot maintain this, I will be sad ((((

I am clearly the type of late game player Inno modeled this change on. Looking ahead, I see no radical increase in overall difficulty given the various unrealized potency increases in my AWs. I will be able to run 20-30x6 indefinitely. As I see it, the increases in troop production and potency as I upgrade AWs offsets the increase in my CAL. I suspect that this is why Inno thinks that for a player like me, the changes are neutral at worst. I hated the old tournament format with its mindless clickfest autofighting 50 provinces deep.

The top player in Ceravyn (@Shyama1 @2.4M) was routinely the top tournament player (19 armories?). Now she is toward the bottom of the first page (8K+). Overall, the first page of the tournament results looks familiar, filled with top level players. She was clearly hurt by the change.

Last edited:

Black watch

This was always true though.
Manual has always been and I think should always be better than auto-fight.
Now the total losses for both have gone up(after 10 chests) and some choose to do manual fighting to try and come closer to previous levels.

I don't really think that there's anything wrong with bringing up the bottom and bringing down the top a little, the issue as I see it is in how it was done so that progress doesn't give advantage anymore.

As I was trying to say before, I'm reluctant to admit I was in mixed feelings about the tourney change. Part of me loved it... the reductions in clicking to get through vast amounts of enemy and spots open during the "old" way, was in fact tedious. I didn't like that... I love and hate autofight. The unnecessary losses of troops due to insane movements that don't have to happen, are almost criminal.
In a real fighting situation, you're going to take losses... just make them real... not by moving something that can move 4 spots, when it doesn't have to and still engage.
I welcome changes when they are good. I think what the tourney has become now, engages more of our people so that's good. I thought INNO was going to screw things up and was predisposed to thinking I would hate it.
I admit that. That was what I was trying to convey.
Not everything was bad. Lots of good came by the changes.
However... INNO was also very heavy handed in that overall change and that is what I don't like.
I was very sincere when I said my tourney time has actually gone up. I can't autofight like I used to, to save time. I can't afford the losses that keep mounting. I'm being slowly hog-tied and I resent that.
Like many fine players ahead of me, and active in the tourneys, we are being adjusted into a bland INNO existence. The game is becoming less of a draw with every effort to bring the top down and the bottom up.
When I started playing, I looked up to the players above me. I strove to be better like them. I used them as role models for the game. I listened, learned and enjoyed the game. I got better...
I became a leader...
I even did very well in my tourney playing and I enjoyed that.
Now, what does a new player have to do to play the game. What incentives?

I don't know...
I think the tourney system needed to be revamped a bit... many suggestions made sense. Going from 4-1 was one for sure. But INNO's taken the system that needed a tune up and totally rebuilt the engine. Unfortunately, they screwed up big time- at least in my opinion.
Mykan's made some excellent points...
I wish INNO would deal with the problems they've made and maybe, just for once, do the smart thing.
Maybe just base the tourney size on squad size... something like that instead of penalizing everyone that actually played the game the way INNO WANTED us to play it.
I'm mid chapter 15. 201 AW levels... I fight all the time in everyway I can think of to dominate the enemy...
The fact I can't get past 33 spots open now without loosing massive amounts of troops is irritating to me.

Sorry for the long post... Just disappointed something that could have been REALLY good, turned out so screwed up.

Blackie

Alistaire

As I was trying to say before, I'm reluctant to admit I was in mixed feelings about the tourney change. Part of me loved it... the reductions in clicking to get through vast amounts of enemy and spots open during the "old" way, was in fact tedious.

It sounds like you're saying that's the only good change here. I think we're all in pretty obvious agreement over that.

Deleted User - 1178646

Max expansions, just into CH17. CAL about 8200.
I originally went 50ishx2 then 4x9 for 5Kish (my standard). Brutal losses. 5HR instants collapsed from 300 to about 50 IIRC. Huge time sink with manual fighting.
Last week went 20x6 for 5400. Very easy, fast, low losses. This week 24x6, also relatively easy, 6K+. As other point out, more manual fighting past 20 if there is a spoiler. Losses aren't bad and should be replaced with normal (non Brown bear) production. 5HR are back up over 200. I'll try 30x6 for 8K next week. Then I suspect I will feel the pain!!!

Pet food has been plentiful for me. I spend a DA or 2xUUU every week. If I cannot maintain this, I will be sad ((((

I am clearly the type of late game player Inno modeled this change on. Looking ahead, I see no radical increase in overall difficulty given the various unrealized potency increases in my AWs. I will be able to run 20-30x6 indefinitely. As I see it, the increases in troop production and potency as I upgrade AWs offsets the increase in my CAL. I suspect that this is why Inno thinks that for a player like me, the changes are neutral at worst. I hated the old tournament format with its mindless clickfest autofighting 50 provinces deep.

The top player in Ceravyn (@Shyama1 @2.4M) was routinely the top tournament player (19 armories?). Now she is toward the bottom of the first page (8K+). Overall, the first page of the tournament results looks familiar, filled with top level players. She was clearly hurt by the change.

I am still in the T8 on my server, but the why is simple.

3 brown bears, and for us the T10 has been shaken up tremendously.
Without the extra bears I loose a lot of my unit production, and therefore I could not even come close.
We have seen a lot t10 players drop out of the t50-t100.

That said like soggy said, I do not mind that players get closer together, I do not mind that I can do a lot less now.
What I do mind is that I now ignore the new chapter because it hurts my tournament performance so much.

Progress=regress thats my issue, and my only issue.
We see a lot of players who have doubled there tournament result from 5-6k to 10-11k and who play with easy why other struggle. why?
They are not that advances and do not have the burden of progress as the others.

Does that not sound weird? easy in the tournaments because you have not progressed?

EarthbornIcarus

Wow. I need to spend more days in here, reading up for 3 hours at a time, just to understand perspectives. :p
@Nightguest
Thank you.

I originally posted that I liked some of the changes, but I have since changed my viewpoint-- as now my troops are killed off at an alarming rate, and rebuilding them enough to only fight battles in tourneys takes every time instant, booster and tourney boost that I can make in the MA, or have in storage. I used to have just the right balance, time & enough instants from Spire- to build troops and do a decent amount in both tourney and Spire....(I am not one that tries for huge points, just average, also I don't have the time to spend in game that others have) But now, there is no way to have any balance, I am wiped out every week, and unable to keep up. I'm unwilling to spend any $ to make up for it, as I have already poured a more than decent amount into my cities, and the only reason I am not quitting outright is the wonderful people in my fs.

The overall effect is that- even tho my fs still makes its 10 chests every week...I am more stressed and less happy within the game....more discouraged at the numerous complaints from my members, and the difficulties they face- and less inclined to forge ahead with building, doing tech tree, or upgrading AWs. So, the changes have basically sucked all the fun out of doing tourneys. And, forget doing BOTH T & Spire to the max.

The only perk I can still put in the "Pro" column is the one click, which my hands are grateful for..

I truly appreciate any community members that are trying to help keep the game focused on fun and enjoy-ability....and even tho it may take a huge long time, I still hope that Inno hears the players that are getting to the breaking point, and is inclusive of their needs..
I just hope that responses come in time, and that some favorable outcomes are in the works.

DeletedUser19418

Shame, I liked this game until the changes.

To be honest, I'm ready to quit, but I'm hanging for a few more weeks for my FS and a promise to Meggi. After that, I'm done. I mean so done that I can't wait to quit.

I have followed through with my intent to only do enough to get around 6k score each week as the losses are too much for anything more. Even with 30 provinces for 5 rounds the tournament is costing me time instants and pet food, which are never replaced by the MA these days. My tourney rank is pretty low on the scoreboard these days while I see the same player getting 17k each week since the start of the changes. Nah, I can't support a game that punishes you for researching the new chapter, spending money on expansions, and building up AW's. I just feel bad for the players INNO is planning to take advantage of, who have no idea what is coming as they research, expand, and build up AW's toward having the metropolises we had. Welcome to the bauble city where growth equals atrophy.

And no...I will not be deleting AW's just so I can accomplish more during tournaments as this game was supposed to be about building, not dismantling. Maybe INNO should pay us for adding premium expansions?

I look forward to putting retired on my city title. Since I use Discord, there is some good news.
I will keep in touch with the advanced players still playing (bless your hearts). Maybe I'll return when INNO decides to make the game fun again (you know...by not punishing players for investing money into the game to build a big bauble city). How many more weeks is it Meggi? I want to keep my word, but really, the urge to quit is mighty indeed.

DeletedUser7791

The thing that I would like to know is:

Have you radically changed your city (going back and completing optional Squad Size research, deleting high level non-military AW's or removing expansions- if possible, or even actively reducing your production boosts) in order to do better in tourneys? And, did it work if you tried?

Do you have faith that any radical rebuilds to maximize your tourney scores will continue to be rewarded, or will they be nerfed by the next change?

I think there has always been a bit of a choice between higher ranking and "effectiveness", which I define as being able to score well in tourneys and provide trades for your FS. I decided that I wanted to be in the top 20 ranking arbitrarily and modified my city to increase ranking points (thanks to teleport you can do things and then undo without as much hassle). Previously, I had always been biased towards effectiveness.

I anticipated that the change would make more 10 chest FS's by making provinces 1-5 laughable and 6-10 still easy. I was hoping that it would counterbalance the fire phoenix and brown bear that made huge scores more attainable. The people who love to get top 10 in tourneys generally still do, but it is way more dependent on your buffs like Dwarven Armory than it was before. I did see a FS that described themselves as a "12 chest" city, which was jarring. We are planning an assault on the 19 chests in a few weeks, but that is just because it is there. I can't imagine that is a productive use of time or resources other than for our own amusement.

I have to admit that I like the one and done provinces, and I am blissfully moving forward in Chapter 17. I generally like it when they change the game or make it more complex, like adding the spire and crafting and mobile app. I have lost my Archmage because of the latest tourney rejigger, and I see top cities quitting more. I guess I am the optimistic dope who thinks that Inno will balance this out somehow. However, the jury is still out. I have thought about changing games and had not done so before. Real life is very strange right now, so that may be a bigger factor than any changes.

Sorry for the rambling post, but it all goes together. The important part of the post is the group of questions at the top.

SoggyShorts

Have you radically changed your city (going back and completing optional Squad Size research
Squad sizes have zero impact on the tournament now
removing expansions- if possible
Not possible
even actively reducing your production boosts)
Almost impossible. There's really no way to reduce your boosted relics from ~5,000 down to zero other than building and destroying the same wonder 1,000 times.

Deleted User - 1178646

Almost impossible. There's really no way to reduce your boosted relics from ~5,000 down to zero other than building and destroying the same wonder 1,000 times.
Thats only an option with a new account skipping 3 of the 9 tournaments.

SoggyShorts

Thats only an option with a new account skipping 3 of the 9 tournaments.
Ignoring ranking, how would that work out for KP?
You'd obviously lose 33% by not doing your boosted tournaments, but with a crazy 0% modifier would the other 6 give enough KP to make up for it?

Deleted User - 1178646

Ignoring ranking, how would that work out for KP?
You'd obviously lose 33% by not doing your boosted tournaments, but with a crazy 0% modifier would the other 6 give enough KP to make up for it?

The other 6 are insane.
Instead of 1400 goods for a battle you pay like 48 goods.

So if you can get your goods from other sources like for example tower set, or event buildings, those trader I?
You kick ass.

But if you build that it's for fun to "kill" the tournaments. in that case you use spire time boosters to unlock more provinces.
You try to avoid and work around your bonus provinces on the world map, and where you can't re reduces that bit of bonus relics with wonder upgrades.

So yeah not a good normal play strategy but like the old chapter 4 tournament accounts pre-phoenix area, it just completely kills tournaments.
Just unlock orks, to unlock enough provincies and then ignore the game.