• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

'New Fellowship Adventures feedback

Skiriki

Hey hey, this is from the point of view of someone who started playing at the end of July, 2020, and is currently the highest level player (midway in Research 6) and archmage of their fellowship, which is full of first-time players. Seriously: we have had only two members with prior playing experience, and one of them had to drop out because of Real Life things. We're right now 24 newbies in a fellowship, from all around the world, different timezones and all.

My fellowship has played thru 2 FAs, this being third of ours. Our first one was a bit of a meh since nobody knew what we were doing and the wiki wasn't extra helpful; our second one was going better, and we almost got second award, which felt pretty good and victorious. Maybe next time we might get our second loot chest!? We were very optimistic about this event.

Current mood about this FA is "this is a disaster". Part of the reason is unexpected changes: Golden Bracelet has hit us the worst, Arcane Residue has bitten our butts badly (multiple reasons: we're not made out of money to use diamonds to improve our Magic Academy, bad luck with craft items providing excessively little Vision Vapor per expense of the items, Spell Fragment gain hasn't been even, etc), etc. Another thing is unexpected Real Life things: people moving, couple of badly timed storms taking out electricity for a couple of days and so on.

Sure. We got the first chest (and I told my Fellowship that it is OK, we got at least the first one, this is good). But the absolutely painful gain of needed items has sunken the mood a lot, which may result couple of people stopping playing altogether, in a worst-case scenario. Which would be a huge shame! They're so much fun!

So in "our" (and I'm saying 'our', because I was asked to post about this) opinion, this really could use some fine-tuning for space-starved newbies; we simply don't have resources to put all factories needed to churn enough things for Golden Bracelets and some other items.

Second: I would like to stress that some things, like automatical badge collection once you've plucked up X amount/number of items is not about "oh just be more careful and make it slow". No. It is an issue with accessibility. I am right-handed, but I have suffered a stroke in 2017, which has partially disabled my dominant hand. It is not 100% in my control all of the time. I cannot control the sudden jerk it might do, while I'm poking around on my densely populated city. It is like I'm Ash from Evil Dead II and trying to control something that can't be controlled, when the signals between my brain and hand misfire.

I am 150% delighted that this game has "confirm diamond use" feature; it has saved my butt more than once. This is good. Could we please get this automated badge-pickup, too?

neeronie

Seems to depend on the fellowships, those who are very active and strive for a high place on the ranking list seem to be bummed by this change.
There is less "action" they can't seem to keep the old pace going. they feel being contantly restrained by the things they can't freely control.

Those who are more casual seem to like it more, as they just want to reach the end and are happy it's easier now when playing "normally"
They do not care if they het 20th place or 120th place, as long as there team effort reaches the result they liked.

You can I seem to be more from the last group while the "haters" are more from the first group.
Could be in some cases, my "farm team fellowship" is mostly small cities, many who have never been on a Fellowship Adventure before and without upgraded Magic Acad., ect, it is frustrating them no end. $ is surely one of the reasons Inno has added so many events as BadWon mentioned, but it also serves to slow down progress in regular city building and chapter progress. Even one of the players new to the game has mentioned that in chat. Pleaseeeeeeeee keep the fun in the game, Inno. This should not be a job for us.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
Could be in some cases, my "farm team fellowship" is mostly small cities, many who have never been on a Fellowship Adventure before and without upgraded Magic Acad., ect, it is frustrating them no end. $ is surely one of the reasons Inno has added so many events as BadWon mentioned, but it also serves to slow down progress in regular city building and chapter progress. Even one of the players new to the game has mentioned that in chat. Pleaseeeeeeeee keep the fun in the game, Inno. This should not be a job for us.
Well with a level 2 MA it's indeed a pain,
I think this setup favours you to try all facets of the game.
It promotes you to to try it all.

For some this setup might be there introduction to the tournaments and spire (yes if you are not yet in chapter 3 this setup is impossible, but hey you can get there in under a week if you really really really want to, and a bit longer if you dont)
I see plenty of fellowships not even touching the spire because no one else does, en because no one else those is there is nothing to gain in it.
the FA mightr be the catalist to get everyone trying it and unlocking the first 50+ diamonds which then can be invested in your MA.

Once your fellowship does a bit of spire, once you invest some effort in the tournaments the game becomes a lot easier.

even if you are a freebee, that level 2 academy? it will turn into a bigger one in no time, just from the free diamonds from the spire.
If you are still in the growing stage as you describe with a lot of newbees who play for a few weeks at most, this FA might result only in being able to do map 1, but you know what next time it might be map 1 and map 2.

Just like a normal newbie won't be able to complete a event in chapter 1, so you won't be able to finish the FA as complete newbies, there is no shame in that, it's a clear example for improvement, something you can work at together in the future.

Farinx

My 2 cents:

It is apparent many of the badges are aimed at increased participation in tournament and Spire (hats, staves, marbles, ghost in bottle. This is good. Also makes people strategize which may be lacking for the FS.

Statues, Necklaces being easier is probably for the best. Removal of Treants and Bakers - no opinion.

Bracelets: they are more difficult, but it allows people who dont want to redo their setup for FA to still be able to contribute to a limiting factor, so I think I like this even though it is hard.

Residue: Really the only 1 I think is clearly a negative change. MA is supposed to provide players with fun and unique buildings/boosts. Now we have to sacrifice coveted spell fragments and catalysts to get things we know we wont use. And use time-boosts to get less time-boosts. It does not feel right and our whole FS feels negatively about Residue badges. I would like this to be changed or eliminated next FA.

Last edited:

neeronie

My 2 cents:

It is apparent many of the badges are aimed at increased participation in tournament and Spire (hats, staves, marbles, ghost in bottle. This is good. Also makes people strategize which may be lacking for the FS.

Statues, Necklaces being easier is probably for the best. Removal of Treants and Bakers - no opinion.

Bracelets: they are more difficult, but it allows people who dont want to redo their setup for FA to still be able to contribute to a limiting factor, so I think I like this even though it is hard.

Residue: Really the only 1 I think is clearly a negative change. MA is supposed to provide players with fun and unique buildings/boosts. Now we have to sacrifice coveted spell fragments and catalysts to get things we know we wont use. And use time-boosts to get less time-boosts. It does not feel right and our whole FS feels negatively about Residue badges. I would like this to be changed or eliminated next FA.
Yes, it does encourage Spire and tournament. I know I sound like and I am actually grousing about how difficult it is for small cities. I appreciate the benefits and the efforts to comfort me but I am trying to get a point across that this is a game that seems to be turning into a job and a job that does not offer much by way of enjoyment if it has to be such a struggle to succeed at it. We are trying Stage 3, my bad for even starting it since it may very well not happen.

Iyapo1

I like this change too.
My first thought was "Hey look, something moonstone library lovers can spend spell frags on"
My second thought was to wonder how many people will pop open the mystical object in the MA for the first time during this FA.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
Yes, it does encourage Spire and tournament. I know I sound like and I am actually grousing about how difficult it is for small cities. I appreciate the benefits and the efforts to comfort me but I am trying to get a point across that this is a game that seems to be turning into a job and a job that does not offer much by way of enjoyment if it has to be such a struggle to succeed at it. We are trying Stage 3, my bad for even starting it since it may very well not happen.

and how does that differ compared to before?
All those dwarven, treant, bakery badges where fun and did not look like work?

One of the biggest complaints ever about the FA is that the prizes ain't worth the effort.
that stems from the feeling it's looking more like work than fun, and thats a complain for years now.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Yeah, the thought behind it is nice; just the scaling is way off.

Is it the scaling or is it the fact that lots of players don't bother to keep their factories at their current max level? Or even have enough of them built? Yes, having enough to make a bracelet every three hours is too much, but enough to make one every six hours is reasonable. Even in sentient goods chapters, now that we can teleport.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
I just got into chapter 17 so the amount of T1 I need for the golden bracelet increased, but I am nowhere near the upgrade tec for my T1. I have 3 of my boosted T1 out (steel) maxed upgrade that I can and still need 7x3hour productions for 1 badge, or 3x9 hour productions and a 3 hour production on top (that is with MM spells on as well). That is crazy high for the amount of badges needed.
I agree also that the vision vaper for Arcane residue badges should roll over. The cost to craft stuff (mostly stuff you don't even want) is really high. (not to mention the cost in diamonds to reset the recipes).
I do like the changes over all though, (glad to not have to do 300 blacksmiths) but I think some fine tuning is still needed.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Is it the scaling or is it the fact that lots of players don't bother to keep their factories at their current max level? Or even have enough of them built?
What does "have enough of them built" mean?
I use exactly zero T1 for the spire, tournament, and chapter techs, so how many "should" I have built?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
What does "have enough of them built" mean?
I use exactly zero T1 for the spire, tournament, and chapter techs, so how many "should" I have built?

Going by the amounts needed to complete quests and the bracelet badge, I would say Inno thinks you should have 4-7 leveled boosted tier 1 factories, depending on chapter.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Going by the amounts needed to complete quests and the bracelet badge, I would say Inno thinks you should have 4-7 leveled boosted tier 1 factories, depending on chapter.
LoL, no. Show me an Elvenarchitect of a functioning city with 4-7 of each of the 6 factories, a full military, wonders, and a full guest race settlement.
Having 4-7 T1 in my city for the FA when the needs of my city are covered by less than a single factory makes absolutely no sense.

In chapter 15 the requirements are almost exclusively sentient goods, having T1 at all is like running non-boosted factories for someone who doesn't need to negotiate.

AtaguS

I think another big problem with bracelets and Residue is that you can't stockpile them before an FA to get a jump on numbers. So making enough during the FA will be a constant battle and how well a fellowship does, or can plan to do, will depend more on the make up of cities in the fs than effort put it.
Any fs ought to be able to compete in the FA by having a strong strategy and solid teamwork. Not because of how many chapter 3 or up cities they have, and how many manus each of those cities can afford to place WHILE competing in the rest of the FA.

oeferbii

Finding this FA demoralising after we have been improving our standing so much over the previous few. Acquiring sufficient resources for bracelets and those pesky 'arcane residue' blighters have been our downfall. Most members have fairly young cities and advance preparation of workshop/set productions has served us well in the past but it is no longer possible to prepare for as many of the badges to the same degree. Not a fan overall.

oeferbii

I think another big problem with bracelets and Residue is that you can't stockpile them before an FA to get a jump on numbers. So making enough during the FA will be a constant battle and how well a fellowship does, or can plan to do, will depend more on the make up of cities in the fs than effort put it.
Any fs ought to be able to compete in the FA by having a strong strategy and solid teamwork. Not because of how many chapter 3 or up cities they have, and how many manus each of those cities can afford to place WHILE competing in the rest of the FA.
As you were writing this, I was writing my comment. I could not agree more!

NightshadeCS

Need some clarification on the following release note:
  • Fellowship Adventure - It is again possible to reduce the amount of Adventure Items invested into a waypoint one by one using the "-" button.
Does this mean there is a way to take back an item once it is already invested? If so, can only the Archmage do this? The only minus sign I was able to use was to reduce the amount of items before they are invested.

Thanks for assistance...
A quick scan and I couldn't find in this thread that anyone answered you, though maybe you asked this somewhere else.

The minus only works when you are in the screen deciding how many badges to contribute to a waypoint. Once you hit the "Deliver" button, there is no way to get them back.