• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

'New Fellowship Adventures feedback

neeronie

and how does that differ compared to before?
All those dwarven, treant, bakery badges where fun and did not look like work?

One of the biggest complaints ever about the FA is that the prizes ain't worth the effort.
that stems from the feeling it's looking more like work than fun, and thats a complain for years now.
This basically is a tale of two cities. My more established Fellowship is in the pit. This is the second FA in a row that there was not much enthusiasm about doing since it is right on the heels of an Event. Our normal position was top 10 or top 20. The prizes were never an issue for this fellowship. For us, it is a way for those fellows with good organizational skills and good logistic skills to shine. Doing well in the rankings is nice but secondary to working together as a team.

The smaller fellowship, in the same world, is trying for Stage 3 for the first time. We may make it if we get the Arcane Residue. The prizes mean more to this fellowship than the other for easy to understand reasons I not need to mention.

How is it different you ask? It does make good use of items picked up in Spire. That is if you have been doing it for a long time. Some efforts benefit more than one badge, which is nice. Some use up excess instants, nice, if you have them. Not so nice if you are a new player. An example of this is using relics and time boosts to push through combining catalysts so you can craft and the time boosts needed to push through the crafted items. Using the relics can have a very negative effect on production rate for players who are not fully maxed. The lack luster prizes were never worth the effort and with the new requirements for badges even less so. I did not feel damaged by making badges before but do now. I am going to have to take a good look at the damage it does to smaller cities and offer guidance in this area.

There are players at every level playing and the smallest fellowships are not expected to finish. The largest have no problem no matter what is thrown at them. It is the vast majority in the middle that need to find the Fellowship Adventure an Adventure, not a grind.

NightshadeCS

My main complaint with the new badges is on Bracelets, and it is for the following situation:

I am in Chapter 17, upgraded an additional manufactory to at least take the edge off. Last night's collections got me just shy of a badge. I was tired, and while I should have just spent the timers to do another 3-hour production to finish it off, I didn't.

So, this morning, with an MM spell cast and a Storm Phoenix fed, I wasted thousands of marble to finish off that Bracelet badge that only needed a few to complete.

This is a good learning experience that I will try not to repeat. But added on top of the difficulty of gaining Bracelets overall, it seems like this badge needs a rethink.

neeronie

Going by the amounts needed to complete quests and the bracelet badge, I would say Inno thinks you should have 4-7 leveled boosted tier 1 factories, depending on chapter.
Have them and it still takes at least 2 rotations of 3 hour builds with some enchanted and some loss since you overly collecting is hard to avoid. So yes at least 4-7 depending on chapter

Iyapo1

Any fs ought to be able to compete in the FA by having a strong strategy and solid teamwork. Not because of how many chapter 3 or up cities they have, and how many manus each of those cities can afford to place WHILE competing in the rest of the FA.
Compete against who? Compete against another FS with a strong strategy and solid team work? Sure. Compete against a FS that demolishes their cities and puts in whatever buildings they need to win? No.
You want to compete, fine. Match your competitors effort. Inno did not set the level of effort required to compete.

They set the level to complete.

AtaguS

You want to compete, fine. Match your competitors effort. Inno did not set the level of effort required to compete.

They set the level to complete.
Yes of course, lyapo. Doing so has always required a strong strategy and solid teamwork. Which, btw, has always made FAs fun to me - even when/if the competition was only against our own record - but more so the stronger the competition got.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I just got into chapter 17 so the amount of T1 I need for the golden bracelet increased, but I am nowhere near the upgrade tec for my T1. I have 3 of my boosted T1 out (steel) maxed upgrade that I can and still need 7x3hour productions for 1 badge, or 3x9 hour productions and a 3 hour production on top (that is with MM spells on as well). That is crazy high for the amount of badges needed.
The tier 1 increase is in Elvenar chapter, is it not?

Iyapo1

But you might need 100s to compete ;):p
True. Which is when you break down and teleport everything that is not nailed down and throw up moonstone library sets. You stop crafting CCs except during the FA. Gathering relics in the between times and hoarding speedups.

Then when the FA starts you will be ready to compete with the other FS.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
True. Which is when you break down and teleport everything that is not nailed down and throw up moonstone library sets. You stop crafting CCs except during the FA. Gathering relics in the between times and hoarding speedups.

And while others disagree with me on this, I am sure, the change to the bracelet was a step in the right direction to stopping this dismantling of a city. I really do expect them to give us a supply-collecting badge that will do the same for workshops as the bracelet did for factories.

As for Library sets, are you just assuming everyone has five or ten sets just laying around? While my Live city has five of them out all the time, my chapter 8 Beta city has still not completed the set even once. So much for free CCs, and badges, there.

AtaguS

This is a great strategy. It will work best for fellowships with a strong history of strong spire play (it takes a looong time to gain enough teleports to tear a city down - although this is why most fss don't attempt to compete heavily in every FA) and the moonstone library sets are invaluable. I wonder how needing so much space to make bracelets now (at a competitive rate) will impact that. I wonder what fss without heavy and long term spire players will do.

Iyapo1

As for Library sets, are you just assuming everyone has five or ten sets just laying around?
No not everyone. I am assuming spire junkies have sets laying about.
And while others disagree with me on this, I am sure, the change to the bracelet was a step in the right direction to stopping this dismantling of a city. I really do expect them to give us a supply-collecting badge that will do the same for workshops as the bracelet did for factories.
I completely agree with this. It allows most players to make a meaningful contribution without tearing up their cities.

I dont think it will stop competitive FS from dismantling cities. They will just dismantle them differently.

SlyLady

We had a FS member comment on how easy the Bracelet badge is. For me, I didn't think it was easy at all, so the scaling must be quite interesting.

Using @Jackluyt 's data for goods required per chapter, I made my own table of 3h productions required per badge (the last column is for chapters that get an upgrade to during the chapter and haven't done the chapter upgrade yet -- this is using Elven Planks for production data and assuming a 700% boost (something that might not be realistic for very low chapters).
Chapter3h Productions per Badge(Using previous chapter building)
1#N/A
3#N/A

So yes, the bracelet is slanted towards smaller cities and towards the people in chapters with a goods upgrade (assuming you have had a chance to do the upgrade).
Since the conclusion is the bracelet is slanted towards the newer cities, I think it is important to point out that a 700% boost is also completely unrealistic for those same cities. I'm entering Ch 7 and have none of my boosts to 700% yet. While you can argue about what point the average city reaches 700%, I think it is completely fair to say it would be the unusual city that made it before finishing Ch 4 for sure. When you take that boost out of the equation, the "slant" seems to disappear.

DarkKitty

This will never happen BUT it would be a wonderful improvement if the Bracelet and the Residue badges allowed for rollover or were just a tad lower. Chapter change is a MF for collecting items and it's hard to get a perfect 10 on pickups from the Academy.

I know it's not going to happen but being able to have rollover would save so much disappointment when you are a few off from your goal and you just "waste" the rest of the pickup, esp when you are mindful and trying your best.

SlyLady

Yeah, the thought behind it is nice; just the scaling is way off.
I agree the bracelets are challenging. However, I played this in Beta and the requirements for live are 30% lower than in Beta. From looking over the comments, the complaints about bracelet requirements are reduced by substantially more than 30%, so I suspect Inno will think the current requirements are probably OK.