• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Snowfall in Elvenar

DarkKitty

I'm a fan of the snowflakes. Winter can be scenic. I noticed a snowman (elf?) on the outskirts of my city.

Anyone else wonder if there are other winter activities that might be going on? Sledding? Inner tubing? Ugly sweater contests? How would this change for guest races? I imagine Dwarves to be fans of warm beverages, maybe flavored with brandy or schnapps. And yes, I'm counting that as an activity.

Last edited:

Aritra

I'm a fan of the snowflakes. Winter can be scenic. I noticed a snowman (elf?) on the outskirts of my city.

Anyone else wonder if there are other winter activities that might be going on? Sledding? Inner tubing? Ugly sweater contests? How would this change for guest races? I imagine Dwarves to be fans of warm beverages, maybe flavored with brandy or schnapps. And yes, I'm counting that as an activity.
I found two snowmen... still occasionally scouring to see if there are others

Frappuccino

I'm just looking at the available information on the winter event. I think the new evolving building doesn't seem particularly useful in comparison towards the Witches Hut. It's the only other evolving building that I really have to compare for personal experience:

New building gives a small amount of Culture/Population: Not really worth the space it takes imo.
Also 4x4.
About 2x the Supplies of Witches Hut. Suppose this is nice if you have an issue with this.
Tier 1 Goods. The amount it gives is I guess decent and it can be accentuated by feeding it Pet Food.

Just for the supplies and the goods though. Unsure if it's really worth taking up a 4x4 space in a city. If it had comparable culture boost towards Witches Hut I think it would be worth the space.

Hut at least gives decent culture, knowledge points, troops, and supplies.

Culture is useful to keep city balance.
KP is always useful for advancement in the game. Even if your blocked at a point it can be invested in wonders.
Troops are great for free fodder towards tournaments and spire.
And supplies are probably the least useful contribution that the hut gives. I think if you have a good balance of workshops to other buildings you normally sit in a surplus.

shimmerfly

1606832001069.png

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I'm just looking at the available information on the winter event. I think the new evolving building doesn't seem particularly useful in comparison towards the Witches Hut. It's the only other evolving building that I really have to compare for personal experience:
Yeah, try not to compare it (or anything) to the Witch hut, that building is a beast even at level 2-3.
If you do compare event prizes it's closer using the entire event, and this winter one gives the best ever pop per square daily prize.*
Best of all, if you work hard and complete as many quests as are available by the day it comes out you are guaranteed to earn 8 of them, and with reasonable luck/strategy a dozen is very possible.
*except maybe gravity inn? I don't recall where that one is from, but that's a tiny 2x2 so less significantly less total pop

Aritra

@DarkKitty
I suggest changing the name of the thread to "Snowfall in Elvenar" because "Winter" is the common shorthand (used by ElvenGems and wiki for winter event/winter magic) for the upcoming event. I didn't realize this myself until an event comment posted. (Unless you meant it to become about the event even though not in original post?)

@Frappuccino
(and anyone else)
Sorry about the confusion!

Last edited: