• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tournament Changes

Deleted User - 1178646

The new tournament format gobbles up troops, there is no doubt about that. So troop replacement during the tournament becomes paramount where as before, you could plan your troop builds, run the tournament and recoup your troops after the tournament. But the cost of troop replacement has tripled, because when Inno made the training centers independent from each other, instead of paying for 5 slots at time, it is now 15 (how many of you idle a slot or two, or simply reduce the number of troops being trained in each slot with the slider?)

In short, I'm running out of supplies (where as before these changes, I never did): the demand for supplies has increased dramatically without a way to adequately compensate for their loss. There is a lot of room rebalancing & many options to consider, but imho, either lower the cost of training troops or increase the ways to create more supplies.
Just like.with anything in the game,
If you have an issue with T1 build more T1, if you have an issue with T5 build an extra T5 factory. If you have a problem.with supplies. Build more (magic) workshops.

As a hint, assuming you keep your unit.builders working 24/7 I assume you do more than 9 provinces. This means you get a decent amount of supply and ensorcelled spells. Use these
The combo ensorcelled with supply spell is really powerful and can get you insame.amounts of supplies when you need them.

Each ensorcelled tht heys activated by a neighbourly help ads 5% to you supply production. Each supply spell adds 200% om production including your ensorcelled spell. So that becomes a 15% supply booster. And you can have many ensorcelled spells active at the same time.

In my chapter 16 town I am able to get between 1,5 and 2m supplies per 3 hours out of a single magic workshop

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Honestly, it doesn’t matter that my score for tourney has increased. What’s important and truly matters are
1) The amount of KPs and good/supply collection, neighborly help charms/garnered over 5 times at tourney
2) The Massive amounts of troops lost each day, (effort from a perspective of time to rebuild) and spend of time instants and pet food to earn those items back
Your increase in score matters because it means that you are doing something different. So if you tell the developers that you used to do 4x15 = 1600 points, but now you are doing_<insert data here>_ it will give them more information.

I only saw your score increase so I can only guess if you are doing 25x4, or 20x5 or 15x6 etc
Without you sharing the actual information there is no way to compare "The amount of KPs and good/supply collection, neighborly help charms/garnered over 5 times at tourney"

Arkadia

oh boy!
I'm just not excited about the new changes :oops::rolleyes::confused:

Somebody please tell me what's the point of doing the tourneys if not for KPs to upgrade the AWs, which in turn will penalize us for doing so? :eek:

Somebody please tell me why we have to keep scout and battle to complete event quests, if in turn it will penalize us in the tourney? :eek:

Somebody please tell me why we spend :diamond::diamond::diamond: to buy expansions, if it is in return will penalize us?

I am confused....
I am unmotivated ....

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Is anybody else having the screen with the reward not popping up? What seems randomly, I am completing the battle and not getting the reward screen. I tried on cater and could see the goods used floating up and didn't get the reward screen. I'm pretty sure that I am getting the rewards so I think it is mostly just a random annoyance. I will report in bugs if it isn't just me.

Arkadia

Is anybody else having the screen with the reward not popping up? What seems randomly, I am completing the battle and not getting the reward screen.

Yes i did have that a few times happening. randomly as u say, and i didn't check if actually get the rewards, just assumed its just a display error

Iyapo1

Somebody please tell me why we have to keep scout and battle to complete event quests, if in turn it will penalize us in the tourney?
I do not understand how this will penalize a player in the tournaments?

Was provinces open part of the CAL and I missed it?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I do not understand how this will penalize a player in the tournaments?

Was provinces open part of the CAL and I missed it?

Nope, no change at all from open or completed provinces. Only when you actually place the expansion earned from province completion is there any change.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
my bad.... i thought the completed provinces were part of the mess

Sort of. At the very beginning of figuring out the calculations for the Spire, Minmax did have us give him our completed province count, but that was ruled out a long time ago, even though some players are still including it in their weekly numbers.

Iyapo1

I am deeply saddened that higher ranked FS's players are suffering so that the lower ranks can get them.
This is not a thing. Inno games reduced the cost for ALL players in EVERY chapter to achieve 1.6k in the tournaments.
Inno also reduced the ability of ALL PLAYERS to farm KP.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Inno also reduced the ability of ALL PLAYERS to farm KP.

No, not every player. It all depended on how deep into the provinces a player went in the old system. Someone who did not go further than province 20 or 25 in the old system, has it easier in the new system and can get the same, or more KP, as well. It is the players who went 30 or 40 or 50 provinces deep, but only did two stars, or five stars, in each province, for all the extra KP, who are complaining the most.

Deleted User - 1178646

As said I don't give a crap about all those complaints, those are choices you can to adapt to.
it also doesn't change the game itself. I can't get 800KP anymore? off course! that did not make sense at all.

I mean I still remember the times where we struggled and become first with like 12-14 provinces.
A correction to "normal" in this regard was a logical step.

The only issue I have with this change is that it destroys the primary goal of any game, progression!
There should always be a route to improve yourself, this route has been butchered and destroyed with this change.
No longer does Progression mean a positive thing, there are now plenty of examples in which progression is a negative thing.

Chrizty

I use to do 25x5 and now I'm struggling to do 20x5. I love the new format but Im really struggling with it, I use troops only and cant seem to keep up with them,
I dont understand it all yet, but if it has to do with AWs should I boot some out? should I downgrade my city to upgrade my tourney play??

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Just my opinion but I would say no. I'm sure not getting rid of AW or anything else I built up over the years. I do have a harder time getting as many provinces done so I can't get as much KP. I believe that was their intention. The big problem I have with folks advising getting rid of AW, especially leveled up AW, is that yes there is a decrease in their effectiveness. That is not a liability. It is just a lower powered asset.

The other thing is that I worked hard on AW levels to get more seeds bonus from the trader. That has been a great benefit for me that I think some are overlooking. I am annoyed that they incorporated an alternative in the trader so seeds are not being made while the chapter 17 things are made but I still wouldn't sacrifice my seed output by lowering my AW levels.

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I use to do 25x5 and now I'm struggling to do 20x5. I love the new format but Im really struggling with it, I use troops only and cant seem to keep up with them,
I dont understand it all yet, but if it has to do with AWs should I boot some out? should I downgrade my city to upgrade my tourney play??

Regardless of the tournament, you should look at your AWs and do an honest critique and see if they are all still giving you enough of a benefit to keep. I have two AWs that are only level 7 or 8 that I will eventually dump, that are not doing much for my city and that I do not feel like leveling up any further. So I will sell them and it is not because of their influence on my tournament or Spire squad sizes.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I would replace "should" with you may want to. I'm not a fan of telling people what to do since their playstyle may not be the same as mine. Chances are their city isn't the same as mine anyway. I've read many times people advising to get rid of this AW or that AW. Not an option for me since I have had the goal of all AW for about 5 (?) years. The seed production being dependent on AW levels would be a big consideration for me since I don't need any special seed producing buildings because of my number of AW levels. Anyway, for my battle related ones I still get benefits so.....

Iyapo1

The seed production being dependent on AW levels would be a big consideration for me since I don't need any special seed producing buildings because of my number of AW levels.
? This is an advance chapter thing. Seed production happens in the trader? And is dependent on Ancient Wonder levels? Or are you referring to specific seed producing wonders?