• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tournament Changes

Iyapo1

For example, we already see a weakness of the system in the fact that the impact of the levels of ancient wonders on the pattern is the same for all wonders. We strongly agree that some ancient wonders are more important for tournaments than others, and the formula does not currently take this into account.
That sounds like an acknowledgment that not all wonders are wonderful, that's not a bad step.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Yep, I had the exact same setup.
Honestly, though, the new 4-in-one improvement is so much more enjoyable that I find myself doing 4 or even 6 rounds and being happy about it
Sure there's pet food to consider, but so far it's been sustainable and really one option is to do the first 6-9 provinces twice without even using a petfood.

Give it a try next week, go for provinces 1-6 twice without any pet food, then the next day use a petfood for 1-20 a couple times.
Those 6 provinces takes under a minute. Compared to the ONE HUNDRED consecutive battles we used to do it's not even a blip.
It's literally faster than doing your fellowship visits :p

i gave it a try this last tourney. Just finished exactly the 7 day training time form when i started; doing 13 provinces - 5 star. While im still not a big fan of it over all, the unit losses difference does speak for itself. All barracks units combined, i was actually up one single squad size then when i started. My second city was up 16 squads worth in total.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Again it's not about being able to do less, who cares, it's about progression being detrimental
This is where the developers lack a fundamental understanding of the real issue.

Are some doing more than before? Yes, that's fine.
Are some doing less than before? Yes, but also fine.
Are advanced players with max military wonders and premium expansions still doing better than those without? Yes, obviously.
Are advanced players currently doing the best that they will ever be able to? Yes, and that's not cool.

It's not great that newer players can crush advanced players, but despite it being called a tournament, it's not much of a PvP feature, so that's not the worst thing.

What should worry all players is how well they can do in the future vs how well they can do now. If the path to personal improvement doesn't exist, then what's the point?

ET-inf3rno

Time savings is not a lie, as long as the player does not insist on doing everything with manual fighting. I can use the app and auto-fight 20 provinces in 10 minutes and be done for the day.
Same here, it is a lot better, I do around 8k each week in the new system and I spend on 2-3 hours on it each week. A lot better than the old system. In the old system when I did many points I spent even 24h per week a few times and with a grown up city most of the times around 10 hours. Some people struggle here with the squad sizes especially who have a lot of AWs. I try to reduce the number of my AWs, but so far so good for me. I tried 10-15k last week and I think I can do just as many or even more tournament points than I could in the old system.

MagicIowa

I dont know how the new manager make assumption and his city is not developed and in early chapters. try to have your winders on level 30 and above and expansions and then let us know your answers.....again tournament should get easier as your city advances not the opposite
for the new manager...would you lime to play my city for one tournament...I would love to see you trying and then I will be waiting for your output and feedback

ET-inf3rno

I dont know how the new manager make assumption and his city is not developed and in early chapters. try to have your winders on level 30 and above and expansions and then let us know your answers.....again tournament should get easier as your city advances not the opposite
for the new manager...would you lime to play my city for one tournament...I would love to see you trying and then I will be waiting for your output and feedback
After all there is justice in this game. People who kp pushed and made all of their AWs 30+ by cheating got what they deserve.

ET-inf3rno

You obviously have no clue what you are talking about.
Ohh I know, most of the top 10 players on US/S used alternate cities at some point to donate KP to their main city. Some even made an entire fellowship just for this purpose. On US/C I even know a guy who pushed 8000KP per week for a year, now he is in top 10. I am glad Inno did something about KP pushing at last, now the game is a lot more fair.

Dew Spinner

Ohh I know, most of the top 10 players on US/S used alternate cities at some point to donate KP to their main city. Some even made an entire fellowship just for this purpose. On US/C I even know a guy who pushed 8000KP per week for a year, now he is in top 10. I am glad Inno did something about KP pushing at last, now the game is a lot more fair.
It's not fair to the other 98% of higher chapter players that didn't cheat. Punish 98% of higher chapter cities for the bad deeds of 2%. How is that justice?

Dew Spinner

Besides Inno could have corrected the pushing problem but decided to ignore it. Inno's unwillingness to address the issue shouldn't cause the vast majority of higher chapter cities to be punished. I think you better rethink your logic.

ET-inf3rno

It's not fair to the other 98% of higher chapter players that didn't cheat. Punish 98% of higher chapter cities for the bad deeds of 2%. How is that justice?
I am in the middle of chapter 16 and tournament is the same or somewhat easier than previously. It is not the first time the game changes, and this time is no different than the previous ones. You can easily adapt to the new system too by changing your city. I already have the long term plans about how to do 10k+ each week on the tournament.

GlamDoll

Well, in an odd turn of Events recently, I am now rethinking my stance here...

We have had a few members join the FS I am in recently. I have seen us get 9 chests & 1/2 way to the 10th for 2-3 weeks now.

As I shared in chat with them, so shall I share here.

I no longer care anymore that I can't do as much. Why, you may ask? I got my first BP today, ever. I kept it less than a minute, before I upgraded a MR from Spire.

It was an absolute thrill to do something I never thought I would get to do.

Perhaps I have not given the credit due, to the Devs?

At any rate, I am thankful to experience an aspect of this game that I never thought I would!

ET-inf3rno

Well, in an odd turn of Events recently, I am now rethinking my stance here...

We have had a few members join the FS I am in recently. I have seen us get 9 chests & 1/2 way to the 10th for 2-3 weeks now.

As I shared in chat with them, so shall I share here.

I no longer care anymore that I can't do as much. Why, you may ask? I got my first BP today, ever. I kept it less than a minute, before I upgraded a MR from Spire.

It was an absolute thrill to do something I never thought I would get to do.

Perhaps I have not given the credit due, to the Devs?

At any rate, I am thankful to experience an aspect of this game that I never thought I would!
We experience the same here. I mean we have 10+ chests each week, but smaller cities do the requirements a lot easier and so we can focus on reaching gold in the spire.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
It is not the first time the game changes, and this time is no different than the previous ones.
One unique aspect of this change is that Getting expansions and making chapter progress decreases your sustainable tournament ability. That's different this time.
You can easily adapt to the new system too by changing your city.
Can they though? Exactly how are they supposed to undo technologies that they have unlocked? How does one unplace or better yet unpurchase an expansion? The one change they can do is to unmake a wonder, but for the non pushers who legitimately spent years putting KP into the I think that's a bit harsh.

I'm glad you're doing well though.