• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Update v1.119 Discussion thread

Nightguest

Ex-Team Member
The final update of 2020 - v 1.119 has been announced here!
As a note, v1.120 will come in January, so please do not be alarmed at the 2-week update pause.

Please use this thread to discuss the changes!

GlamDoll

thought I would bump this thread....looks like it needs some love.

Edit: Thank you for the new avatars in game. Can we get Inno to hire Sir Squirrel? He is all over it! TY.
If that is too much to ask, can I at least use my forum avatar in game, because he nailed a bullseye? Thanks.

Risen Malchiah

More avatars are always welcome, even if I don't end up using them myself. I like having a larger pool of avatars to select from. In fact, this is an avenue Inno should explore more. What about some premium avatars? Or premium fellowship banners? The possibilities are endless. (Just keep the price reasonable and I bet lots of people would jump at the chance to widen their avatar selection.)

On a separate note, perhaps more people would notice these discussion threads and participate if they used the Discussion tag. Just a thought. ;)

Alistaire

The research menu was also updated, has some nice little touches in it now. Interesting it wasn't mentioned in the notes.

Alpha Lyrae

Is anyone else experiencing a negative impact on the mobile game display since the update? The game display on my Pixel 4 no longer goes edge-to-edge on my screen. The display is much smaller, leaving lots of "blank space" on either side. The change was very jarring when I first opened the game after the update and I still can't get used it. Also, it just sucks. Phones are already working with limited display space. Another player in my FS has encountered this issue, using a Samsung Galaxy S8. Another member is not experiencing this issue with an LG V20.

The issue can be seen in the picture below. The game display and my keyboard used to be the same size. Now you can see how much the game display has decreased since the update.

I have cleared my cache. I have uninstalled the game and re-installed it. All to no avail. :( (the only advice given from support)

I don't see anything referenced in the release notes, but this issue presented immediately after the update.

Am I alone in my misery??

Elvenar Display.png

Silver Lady

Is anyone else experiencing a negative impact on the mobile game display since the update?

It doesn’t happen on my tablet, the game display is still full screen. The display on my Galaxy phone now excludes the areas where the soft buttons and the status bar pull to. As you noted, the display on the phone has always been small and this makes it a little worse. I have to say that I only use my phone for “emergency” game play which doesn’t happen often, so I probably would never have noticed without your post.

Alpha Lyrae

I play on mobile quite often. My phone doesn't even have soft buttons "home, back, etc", so there doesn't seem to be a reason to leave space for these buttons that don't exist. :-/

Interesting that this hasn't affected your tablet. Thanks for the info @Silver Lady !

Kekune

Is anyone else experiencing a negative impact on the mobile game display since the update?
Yes. I'm playing on a Samsung Galaxy S9 and it stopped going all the way to the edge with the home button. The way I usually hold my phone, that means an extra-wide black band on the right side. I agree it's kind of annoying, because I'm used to seeing more and a phone is already so small.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
If you look at the release notes, there was an item targeted for Android, about the split screen feature. I would humbly suggest that as something was altered then clearly something unintended did occur.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
If you look at the release notes, there was an item targeted for Android, about the split screen feature. I would humbly suggest that as something was altered then clearly something unintended did occur.

Those are two different issues. Google has said there is a bug in the android 11 update that was messing with full screen. the other issue is just for those new split-screen phones.

Aritra

Those are two different issues. Google has said there is a bug in the android 11 update that was messing with full screen. the other issue is just for those new split-screen phones.
I'm also experiencing a lack of full screen on my mobile. It is Android 10, not yet 11. It is only effecting the Elvenar app and only since the required Elvenar update this morning, everything else is normal. Previous to the update, Elvenar went edge to edge, ignoring the "hidden" button area. Now, not only does it not extend to the edge, it stops long before the buttons, creating a useless black gap between it and where the buttons are when surfaced. This is rather annoying and I hope the next update gives me my full screen again.

Revenant Roar

I cant bring myself to "Like" your post but it's definitely an issue on droid 10 and hope it can be fixed soon as I'm fighting with the gem buying screen coming up instead of screen close...nah, that's accidental. Right?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I'm also experiencing a lack of full screen on my mobile. It is Android 10, not yet 11. It is only effecting the Elvenar app and only since the required Elvenar update this morning, everything else is normal. Previous to the update, Elvenar went edge to edge, ignoring the "hidden" button area. Now, not only does it not extend to the edge, it stops long before the buttons, creating a useless black gap between it and where the buttons are when surfaced. This is rather annoying and I hope the next update gives me my full screen again.

So I looked online to see what is up and apparently this is at least the third main version in a row of android, 9 and 10 and 11, that this bug has happened with some games and apps. Maybe it was somehow just triggered on your device when a normal android update was done.

Aritra

So I looked online to see what is up and apparently this is at least the third main version in a row of android, 9 and 10 and 11, that this bug has happened with some games and apps. Maybe it was somehow just triggered on your device when a normal android update was done.
When a normal android update was done? I don't do auto updates on my device (for OS or apps), my last system update was a week ago, device says it is up to date, and the problem only affects Elvenar and didn't exist on my device before the Elvenar update today. It is not unreasonable to think it had something to do with the only recent update.
And if it is a known problem by somebody, I hope somebody sends the fix. Until then, I'll deal with it and keep playing. :cool:

GlamDoll

More avatars are always welcome, even if I don't end up using them myself. I like having a larger pool of avatars to select from. In fact, this is an avenue Inno should explore more. What about some premium avatars? Or premium fellowship banners? The possibilities are endless. (Just keep the price reasonable and I bet lots of people would jump at the chance to widen their avatar selection.)

Agree. Thankfully, Inno is not doing that, or they would get more money from me. If I could use this Avatar in game, well, I would! If the artists want more money I am first in line, or last...

But, I am in line.

`.~