• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Very disappointed with latest Quest or release - Wintermagic

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I liked it as a 1 time change of pace. Did very well in it also. But I do not think I would like every event to be like that. A steady diet of it would get old.
Absolutley.
A shuffleboard and a foggy thing maybe twice each per year with the other 60-80% being something else. Hopefully including 1-2 entirely new formats other than simple 3-chests, but those have their place too.
"3chest then not 3chest, repeat" would be a good pattern IMO.

Arkadia

Trying to be as clever as I can with the reveal, double, and shuffle options to maximize my rewards.

Maximize what rewards exactly? the 1 relics that appear 3x in 16 boxes, or the 5% coin rain and the like?

and what's the cost?
Maybe i just don't find the prizes very exciting, is what the main problem is, but i'm sorry, a reveal 2 items after u click 15 boxes and get a double after u clicked 17.... by the time u get those, u opened up a whole good for nothing prizes for 300 keys.... idk.... i find it pretty lame...

I think the Misty event with the fog was the most engaging format and I loved it.
Fog>Shuffle>Everything else.

Totally! I loved it!
it took a minute to figure out what's going on, but i liked that format. It was entertaining, and exciting to go through it.

Excellent, I'm happy to have someone join me as I get burned at the stake for my heresy.

LOL we love u Soggy, no burning here for opinions ;)

Iyapo1

Maybe i just don't find the prizes very exciting, is what the main problem is
Fair enough.

If that were not true I imagine you would like the event a bit more.

Log in, see a prize you want on the board and know with absolute certainty that it is yours.
Only question is can you get lucky and double it!

I am really liking this event. I love the frozen giant shrine and I am getting as many as I can.

As a very small city I even like the 5% coin rains and the relics(event quests)

Deleted User - 849192770

I think the Misty event with the fog was the most engaging format and I loved it.
i Agree with the two stages, revealed and uncovered it reminded me of forbidden island. the daily exclusives had chances like spire chests if you did not like it you could just wait until the next day and then open it.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Super weird. When the misty forest actually happened the forums were flooded with complaints, now 5/5 people responding also liked it?
I wonder what that says?
There were a lot of new faces for the complaints, maybe the implication is that the Fog was just a bit much for very casual non-gamer types (unlike the average forums member?)

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
I think it was hard to understand how to play it very well at first, with not much info on how to play it given by the dev's. I didn't like it to much at first, but learned to love it. Lol. I think we need the different styles to keep events from getting boring as we are getting a ton of events now.

Last edited:

Aritra

Super weird. When the misty forest actually happened the forums were flooded with complaints, now 5/5 people responding also liked it?
I wonder what that says?
There were a lot of new faces for the complaints, maybe the implication is that the Fog was just a bit much for very casual non-gamer types (unlike the average forums member?)
My reaction is that the fog complaints have fallen off because most of those in the forum who were not fans have already made their opinions known, having expressed themselves right away because of very strong feelings (and the dissatisfaction also triggering voices from those inactive or new to the forum).

I don't know about "very casual non-gamer types" but I have never been a gamer and Elvenar is my first of this type. Based on some conversations I've had with people I met after I joined the forum (I was six months in, solo, somewhere in chapter five), I think I've fallen somewhere in-between. Too hard core for the true casuals and too casual for the true hard core players. (none of that bothers me, just finding my place, which is wherever it is and I'm not trying to be one or the other, labels unnecessary). I have noticed the level of gamer-talk here (and it doesn't bother me, I do my best to follow and learn), but I never thought about whether those player types were typical or average of members here (they just had more tech talk to enjoy discussing and debating, lol).

I had a difficult time getting the hang of the fog format at first and I have no doubt it cost me some progress/artifacts (I haven't had any trouble with anything else I've encountered in Elvenar). There was a bit more of a learning curve than I like but I wouldn't mind it once I got the hang of it (there's just a bit of a price to pay until then, which is unfortunate). I'm speaking for myself, of course, but I doubt I am alone.
I understand the value in variety of formats, but I am very happy with the current format (or the traditional chests that came earlier this year--March was my first event). With the fog, I just felt like I had to choose between prizes and progress, which has not been a concern to me with the current format. It is likely I still don't understand the fog strategy and I am still a bit frustrated. Next time it comes around, and no doubt it will, I'll give it another go, but I'm not looking forward to it.

Silver Lady

I had a difficult time getting the hang of the fog format at first and I have no doubt it cost me some progress/artifacts (I haven't had any trouble with anything else I've encountered in Elvenar). There was a bit more of a learning curve than I like but I wouldn't mind it once I got the hang of it (there's just a bit of a price to pay until then, which is unfortunate). I'm speaking for myself, of course, but I doubt I am alone.
I understand the value in variety of formats, but I am very happy with the current format (or the traditional chests that came earlier this year--March was my first event). With the fog, I just felt like I had to choose between prizes and progress, which has not been a concern to me with the current format. It is likely I still don't understand the fog strategy and I am still a bit frustrated. Next time it comes around, and no doubt it will, I'll give it another go, but I'm not looking forward to it.

I agree with @Aritra, and for pretty much the same reasons.

DeletedUser25392

I have been playing this game for several years and invested a good sum of money in it which is why I am really disappointed in the latest winter release. I am stopped in the the beginning stages of this trial By a simple quest that requires one to fight 2 encounters or as an alternative use one bag of food. That's wonderful except that I cannot battle any provinces since they are at least 2x my strength and I do not have any dragons or other structures that will accept food. So what am I to do? Just watch everyone around me build up their cities while I twiddle my thumbs? Pretty stupid and not properly thought through. I guess it is time to quit wasting money!
Surely you have something in your inventory like a phoenix or various bears won from past event. Just set one or two up, feed them, then use a teleport to put back in inventory if you don't want to keep it.

DeletedUser25392

My reaction is that the fog complaints have fallen off because most of those in the forum who were not fans have already made their opinions known, having expressed themselves right away because of very strong feelings (and the dissatisfaction also triggering voices from those inactive or new to the forum).

I don't know about "very casual non-gamer types" but I have never been a gamer and Elvenar is my first of this type. Based on some conversations I've had with people I met after I joined the forum (I was six months in, solo, somewhere in chapter five), I think I've fallen somewhere in-between. Too hard core for the true casuals and too casual for the true hard core players. (none of that bothers me, just finding my place, which is wherever it is and I'm not trying to be one or the other, labels unnecessary). I have noticed the level of gamer-talk here (and it doesn't bother me, I do my best to follow and learn), but I never thought about whether those player types were typical or average of members here (they just had more tech talk to enjoy discussing and debating, lol).

You are not the only one. My crew and I hated the Misty Forest. Never got the hang of it. And rarely got the daily prize. This Winter Magic format I do like very much and all of us has gotten every daily prize so far.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Been happy with the event and I really like the change to the boxes having no Shuffle part of it.
To me this means I can guarantee I get the daily prize which was not the case in the past.
Been playing for several years, btw
I agree; the intrusive shuffle was what most people hated last time, as well as the 2x occurring randomly. (Last quest, I got the 2x "prize" on the last open box, rendering it useless and wasting my currency.) This is a vast improvement over last year.

Deleted User - 4684565

In my opinion Inno and Elvenar developers need to do some changes , I seen some good suggestions about adding certain things to the game but seems like every good suggestions gets shoot down They ask for players suggestions but they won't even consider them at all or they say it's not
feisable for example I've seen where some players ask lower the costs on scouting provinces and land expansions cause the higher the level the more it costs , seriously who's got that kind of real money to spend on this game I know I don't Make the game more interesting for example have real battles where you actually battle for provinces instead of watching to swords vibrate and also make it more interesting when tournaments take place

Dew Spinner

In my opinion Inno and Elvenar developers need to do some changes , I seen some good suggestions about adding certain things to the game but seems like every good suggestions gets shoot down They ask for players suggestions but they won't even consider them at all or they say it's not
feisable for example I've seen where some players ask lower the costs on scouting provinces and land expansions cause the higher the level the more it costs , seriously who's got that kind of real money to spend on this game I know I don't Make the game more interesting for example have real battles where you actually battle for provinces instead of watching to swords vibrate and also make it more interesting when tournaments take place
I suppose, they figure doing those things eat into their profit margins. How many more diamonds will be bought if we do this, is probably their thought when considering things and if the answer is none then the idea becomes "not feasible".

Deleted User - 4684565

As I going to say yesterday Inno and Elvenar developers need to step it up more and make the game more interesting for Example
WORLD OF WARCRAFT where you actually do battles and none of this TWO SWORDS VIBRATING seriously Elvenar come on !
Mix it up more make it interesting so Elvenar can Attract New Players If we actually knew how many people has left this game it would probably blow our minds l admit the tournament's are a little easier but still Boring and the events are Lame
Elvenar developers you need to step it up

neeronie

My biggest city has not done very well. Scouting takes +70 hours to open a province and allow 8 encounters. Encounters are asked for often which clears the map of available provinces quickly. When the quest is for 10 encounters, I am stopped for days. It does not help much if the alternative is 10 Spire encounters since that is not always available. Getting through 20 spots to get the reward takes a bit longer than is comfortable since the vast majority of postal boxes have on one gift box. Six or more artifacts are needed to make the Winter Owl worth building. The event seems typical of the others. I expect that new players are enjoying it and I have picked up a few good prizes in my various cities.