• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Winter Magic - Discussion

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Finally found time to play Elvenar and tried to join in on the event but now I’m stuck. I’m up to Quest 9 but still have not won the Watchful Winter Owl. I thought after completing 5 event quests you win this reward.

My only complaint is the “Fight or win in 3 Encounters or use Pet Food.” In my new city where I’m up to Chapter V, pet food can take a month to show up and since the Tournament and the Spire don’t count as encounters, that leaves the provinces on the World Map, which I cannot win because they are all Very Hard. I’m stuck and can’t advance unless pet food shows up so I can craft it.

I wish the game devs would count battles in the Tournament and Spire of Eternity as encounters.
Click on the quest icon on the left side of the screen. Once you open that, there should be an option at the bottom to claim your Watchful Winter Owl. As far as the quest you are talking about, look for encounters in Steel provinces where the enemy lineups are very favorable for light ranged troops. Sometimes you can win those if they are very hard. If you are human and have Priests you can also look for easy fights in marble provinces. I would not try this if you are elvish since the Sorceress sucks.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I am tired. I don't want to organize and plan another FA, but if I have a bunch of players who are an artifact or two short and they want it, I will.
I am also burned out on FAs. I am really hoping if we get another one after Winter Magic it will be the same format as last time. Then I can just say: "we are doing what we did last time. It worked." Don't have to reinvent the wheel or adjust to a new FA format yet again.

Tauriel Dragonwood

Click on the quest icon on the left side of the screen. Once you open that, there should be an option at the bottom to claim your Watchful Winter Owl. As far as the quest you are talking about, look for encounters in Steel provinces where the enemy lineups are very favorable for light ranged troops. Sometimes you can win those if they are very hard. If you are human and have Priests you can also look for easy fights in marble provinces. I would not try this if you are elvish since the Sorceress sucks.
Thank you Henroo for your advice. I found it! I'm proud to say I'm an Elf and you're correct - the Sorceress sucks. The game devs should change that quest "Fight and win 3 Encounters or use 1 Pet Food" to Solve # Encounters or Solve # Tournament/Spire Encounters. It would help players in the earlier chapters of Elvenar advance in the event. As of now, I'm stuck and can't go forward until pet food appears in the Magic Academy.

Tauriel Dragonwood

It's getting harder and harder trying to find room to place these event buildings. Most of my event buildings boost my population. If I delete 'em, I'll lose citizens and right now, I only have 927 population available. I wish the game devs would give us expansions as a reward.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Thank you Henroo for your advice. I found it! I'm proud to say I'm an Elf and you're correct - the Sorceress sucks. The game devs should change that quest "Fight and win 3 Encounters or use 1 Pet Food" to Solve # Encounters or Solve # Tournament/Spire Encounters. It would help players in the earlier chapters of Elvenar advance in the event. As of now, I'm stuck and can't go forward until pet food appears in the Magic Academy.
Sorry to hear you are still stuck. Have you looked at every possible encounter on the world map? Very Hard encounters are extremely difficult to win, but sometimes if the troop line-ups are right you can pull it off. Also, in my experience pet food normally appears at least 4 times a week in MA. So hopefully you will not be stuck for long. As far as the Sorceress problem, in the Fairies chapter you will unlock the Mercenary Camp Building and the Blossom Mage unit. Blossom Mages are the answer to an elvish player's prayer. They are *SO* much better than anything else you have.

Tauriel Dragonwood

At Stage 3, my Watchful Owl has a huge head and looks like a puppy standing on top of an egg. Sooo cute.

Henroo, that's good news for elves. I can't wait to get to the Fairies chapter. Thanks. Is it my imagination or did the enemy units get a boost in their strength and numbers? I run out of troops so quickly now.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
At Stage 3, my Watchful Owl has a huge head and looks like a puppy standing on top of an egg. Sooo cute.

Henroo, that's good news for elves. I can't wait to get to the Fairies chapter. Thanks. Is it my imagination or did the enemy units get a boost in their strength and numbers? I run out of troops so quickly now.
As far as map fights go, it does seem like there is a dead spot in the game. It starts somewhere around the end of chapter 3 and continues until roughly the middle or end of chapter 5. During this part of the game, map fights are difficult. It is nothing you are doing wrong, it is just the way the game is. By the end of chapter 5, you should get some troop promotions and some squad size increases which will make map fights easier.

GlamDoll

Abstract & random...I spent over 2 years here in Event threads, proclaiming my disdain, etc....

I can now post in Event threads & nobody cares! LOL

Who knew?

Yeah, I had nothing meaningful to add, unless positive comments from me merit as such :)

At any rate, this Event has/is, being really sweet to me & I took notice/shared & paid it forward....

I know! I know! So out of character of me. I used to write long winded posts about being let down & yet, here we are.

Tauriel Dragonwood

As far as map fights go, it does seem like there is a dead spot in the game. It starts somewhere around the end of chapter 3 and continues until roughly the middle or end of chapter 5. During this part of the game, map fights are difficult. It is nothing you are doing wrong, it is just the way the game is. By the end of chapter 5, you should get some troop promotions and some squad size increases which will make map fights easier.
Maybe the game devs made it that way so we stay off the World Map and focus on building up our troops' strength, upgrade buildings and level up Ancient Wonders. The only reason I fight in the provinces on the World Map is to win Land Expansions. Buildings in Elvenar change size so you can't very well upgrade a building or build Ancient Wonders if you have no space.

If anyone has Orcs, did you know they like to gather around the Carting Library. I didn’t know Orcs knew how to read.
Hope they're not reading Lord of the Rings. They just may get a wee bit angry.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
The quest line hasnt rly been that bad. They removed so many of the problematic quests like 'complete a provenience' and 48 productions. So naturally they are left with a smaller list of available quests. So some times it might seem repetitive. And with the exception of the fist 5-10 'simple' quests, there hasnt been a need for spamming t1 buildings either.

I also like how the exchanging/using of the key currency is a lot faster then the old 'pick one of three chests' style.

However.. i am concerned about the artifacts. Im thinking i might not be getting them all this time around. (and iv gotten them for every evolving building so far.) But im on quests 70~/90~ and just used half my available currency. And i only got two artifacts. And the same held true on my second city. (and i was goign specifically after artifacts). So i see some seriouse luck being a factor on whether i get 9 or not. But its easier to see it failing to happen then to happen right now.

I do like the format; mainly for the speed at which i can cash in currency.
As for the artifacts, i got 2 artifact strictly from cashing in 1745 keys. Im not counting the two artifacts you get as bonus from quest rewards. If i estimate another 2 artifacts from my remaining currency then id be at a grand total of 6. - Would i be able to get 3 artifacts from they keys won from the remaining quests i have to do plus the daily keys? That would be the question on whether or not i would be able to evolve the owl fully.

Granted.. i dont have any plans of placing the owl in my city right now. I honestly havnt placed a single evolving building they have released since the fire phoenix. But i do make sure to at least acquire them all, and the artifacts to evolve them should i one day change my mind.

Over all i like the event set up/machinics. The only thought i really had while doing it was that the cost and use of the 'examine 2 squares' and the '2x' where a bit inefficient if your looking at it from a planning strategically mind set. Id rather see them both at say 8; as opposed to 15 and 17. That would be one use after unlocking half a board. I think that would make it a more enjoyable system, at least to me.

Update on some of this i posted a while back.
My concerns about being able to get 9 artifacts seems to be valid. However that seems true mainly because i missed one important detail in the beginning. When i cashed in my first round of points on the mage squads, i was not aware that when you completely unlock all 16 squares on the event board and its forced to Auto-shuffle... that doesnt cost any keys. I only just noticed that today; a tad late. I had assumed that a manual shuffle or the auto shuffle would cost the same amount of keys. So for that first round, i was after the one or two higher present rewards and then shuffled to a new ticket. So i lost some over all present progress there. And i think that might have been the difference between me getting 8 artifacts in total vs 9.

Know that i know that, i cant undo what i did, but i can look at the new event reward system with better eyes. And i do like the system more then any of the ones in the past. - Had i of known about the free auto shuffle, then it would have likely been a rly good chance at getting the 9 artifacts just by clearing everything on the board. The only over all strategy would be how to use the 'view 2 squares' and the '2x reward' the most efficiently. Which i can appreciate because its horrible to work at it for a month or so, doing 90-120 quests (depending on the event) and in the end not even getting the full reward despite doing all the work. So i like they system from that perspective.

I also like the system because it is so much faster to cash in your event currency then any of the other kinds (especially the 3 chest version). I hated taking an hour or more cashing in jsut part of my currency. And then knowing i have to do it again on another account. There comes a point where it becomes incredibly tedious and far to time consuming. So this current system i can be done pretty quick. And i can be done that quick without sacrificing strategy or efficiency or rushing through. I can take me time and still finish cashing in fairly quick.

So over all, i think its a good reward system to work with.

As for the quests themselves.. honestly, i wont complain much. Iv said ever event for the last year or two that i can clearly see inno trying to make adjustments to quests based on feedback. And most of the harder or massively time consuming quests have been removed. And yes, that does mean the available pool of good quests becomes a little bit more repetitive.. but thats the cost of making the pool smaller. So i dont fault them for that. (Unless they go repetitive crazy. If you have the same quest 5 times in a row.. then yea, problem. But aside from that, they did a good job.)

The quests that annoyed me this round:
Use pet food x2. - It is simple and easy (if you have pet food). But i only have placed one building that used pet food (the original fire phoenix) and im very picky about feeding it to max out usage in its time limit. So having to use two back to back i find annoying in breaking that efficiency. And no way i want to disenchant a pet food. - I guess thats more a personal mental issue then a game program issue. And as long as there is a viable alternative, then i guess its not a big deal.

Buy kp: I say this every event because i continue to hate this one for a long time. For me, this is the worst quest (now that so many others have been removed). Mainly because the cost of kp does not reset like the cost of goods in the trader. It goes up and up forever. - Iv stayed put in my chapter progression while i work on other things for the last year or two. So im not upgrading my main halls and increasing coin storage. So every time that kp cost goes up, it becomes harder and harder to do that quest. And i only buy kp for event quests. I dont buy them any other time. In time this will become a big problem for me. (which is a little odd, because on the surface, it is a simple quest premise.)

Solve 10 encounters/spire encounters/tourney encounters. - We had the same issue with this before. And inno did change it, which i loved. But for some reason its back to the old way this event... Please, do not use 10. Reduce it back to 8. - 10 is normally a great number and easy to think with. But the spire system is based on 4 encounters a floor. Thus 8 encounters is 2 floors. The main map encounters are based on 8 fights to clear it. Which could be broken down to 4x2 if needed. And with the new tourney system, 10 encounters is a full day for many mid/low level players. Due to the difficulty now increasing drastically after that. - Basically, the majority is done in groups of four. So that final number on the quest of 'solve xx encounter type' should also be done on a basis of four. (In this case, four or eight).
Solve 10 irritates me every time. 10 on the map is a full provenience plus a couple. 10 in spire is 2 groups plus a couple.. Just make it equal. Reduce 10 back to 8. Solve 8 encounters, solve 8 spire encounters... so much more user friendly then 10.

But again, over all i think the reward system this time is a massive improvment. And the over all quest line is a massive improvement over what it was a couple years ago.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
I forget to add my actually numbers in last post.

(Not counting the two artifacts form quest window)
Both cities on quest 90/95 leaving roughly 267 quest keys left, 250 to collect from quest window, and 125 from daily log in.
So roughly 642 keys more to use.

main city:
starting 3123 keys - 0 artifacts
ended 1st rd 1378 keys - 2 artifacts
(spent 1745 keys and got 2 artifacts)

2nd round of cash in:
started 2784 keys - 2 artifacts
ended 2nd rd 9 keys - 6 artifacts
(spent 2775 keys, gain 4 artifacts)
36 presents away from next artifact reward.

By the last day i will have ~651 keys to get 36 presents in order to reach 9 artifacts.

second city
stared first round with 3146 keys - 0 artifacts
ended with 1236 keys - 2 artifacts
(spent 1910 keys and gained 2 artifacts.)

Started second round with 2650 - 2 artifacts
ended with 0 keys - 5 artifacts
(spent 2650 keys and gained 3 artifacts.)
3 presents away from artifact
40 presents to next artifact after that

By last day i will have 642 keys to get 43 presents in order to reach 9 artifacts.

So as you can see, that mistake i mentioned in the above post may have cost me that 9th artifact.
Edit: ill also have any currency i collect on the outskirts of town.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Had i of known about the free auto shuffle, then it would have likely been a rly good chance at getting the 9 artifacts just by clearing everything on the board.
It also autoshuffles daily so it should be possible to do better than fully clearing the board by simply stopping after getting the bonus boxes and waiting until the next day (provided there is more than 1 day with daily prizes you want)
I also like the system because it is so much faster to cash in your event currency then any of the other kinds (especially the 3 chest version). I hated taking an hour or more cashing in jsut part of my currency.
Oh man remember actually being annoyed opening a 50 chest and winning 90 currency the 100th time? Having to take a break from winning prizes because it's taking so long?
Buy kp: I say this every event because i continue to hate this one for a long time. For me, this is the worst quest (now that so many others have been removed). Mainly because the cost of kp does not reset like the cost of goods in the trader. It goes up and up forever. - Iv stayed put in my chapter progression while i work on other things for the last year or two.
This one is tough. There is a certain direction that the developers expect players to take, and that is more or less forwards in all aspects
Spend KP​
Solve X provinces​
Upgrade X buildings​
Research X techs​
Scout X provinces​
All of these quests push players forwards and anyone who doesn't want to advance one part of their city (especially for years) will eventually struggle.

Under "normal" circumstances buying KP is the easiest quest that events offer(after the tutorial chapters) because while the price never resets it only goes up by 500 while a player's income increases much much faster. I bought 5-10 KP a day for years and never had any issue buying 20+ KP whenever a quest called for it. I only stopped buying loads of KP each day because I got rid of all of my residences.

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
This event has definitely been easier to get enough artifacts to max the evolving building than in most previous events this year. On Beta, I completed the building with three days to go. And now in my US city, I completed it with five days to go. Definitely preferable to the old 3-chest system and also a bit easier than the Halloween event.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
This one is tough. There is a certain direction that the developers expect players to take, and that is more or less forwards in all aspects
Spend KP​
Solve X provinces​
Upgrade X buildings​
Research X techs​
Scout X provinces​
All of these quests push players forwards and anyone who doesn't want to advance one part of their city (especially for years) will eventually struggle.

Under "normal" circumstances buying KP is the easiest quest that events offer(after the tutorial chapters) because while the price never resets it only goes up by 500 while a player's income increases much much faster. I bought 5-10 KP a day for years and never had any issue buying 20+ KP whenever a quest called for it. I only stopped buying loads of KP each day because I got rid of all of my residences.
I know this is likely the case. And im probably one of the few with this issue. Thats why i dont actually expect anything done about it. Im know im the small exception in this case.

Oh man remember actually being annoyed opening a 50 chest and winning 90 currency the 100th time? Having to take a break from winning prizes because it's taking so long?
Oddly enough, i actually agree with that sarcasm.
I get annoyed when ppl complain about getting free items, gifts, rewards like that as well. - But im not complaining about the items specifically. Just the time involved. Some of those past events, id take an hour or two cashing in currency for a single city. Knowing full well that id have to do it again in another city. It does become tiresome. - So i do enjoy the fact that the system this time allowed me to cash in relatively quickly.

asdfgvasdf

Why is it that stage 7 and stage 8 Watchful Winter Owl doesn't add any new value of goods (T1, T2, T3 or S1) across the board no matter what chapter you are on. I mean everything else is larger values just feels like a possible oversight?!?

NightshadeCS

Why is it that stage 7 and stage 8 Watchful Winter Owl doesn't add any new value of goods (T1, T2, T3 or S1) across the board no matter what chapter you are on. I mean everything else is larger values just feels like a possible oversight?!?
Sorry if I am not quite understanding your question. Do you mean you think it should provide an additional bonus output at that stage? Or that you are not seeing an increase of anything from 7 to 8?

asdfgvasdf

Yes, you unlock the 3rd reward slot on stage7, stage8 its the exact same value yet everything else increases. It is possible for this to be intentional but I dont recall any other evolving building doing something like this (i dont count shards, instants or KP as those are rare reward/items).

Last edited: