• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Trades Why so many bad sentient goods trades?

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
There can be several reasons. They are desperate and hope others in their fs will pick it up. They've gotten used to higher ups in their fellowships picking things up and don't realize that they shouldn't abuse the privilege.

If people do it consistently and the trades do not get picked up for days, it is likely that a few bad apples are taking advantage of accidental clicks. Everyone has made an accidental click on occasion, and there are people who prey on those. Greed or desperation are the two main reasons as far as I can see, but in the case of consistent abuse, it's greed, not desperation. I don't reward such behavior. If someone consistently offers zero or one stars, then offers an occasional two star because they can't get someone to click on them, then I will not pick up even the two star. As far as I'm concerned, people who make a habit of gouging people can go to you know where. But if I see that they've stopped trying to gouge for a month or more, and have learned their lesson, then I will start trading with them, eventually.

Deleted User - 1178646

Pls explain why people do this when it is not pre arranged.
Personally I will use the wholesaler before making 0 or 1 star trades.

To many people are unwilling to put trades on the market themselves and then have te patience to wait for 10min, an hour or a few hours for the trade to be picked up, they want instant gratification and need to have it "now"!!!

Some people are willing to provide that "now" for a fee.
The best way to avoid bad trades is to put up trades yourself, as long as too many people are unwilling to do this this market will stay.

Alse the sentient market is worldwide where the regular market is capped at your 250 nearest neighbours.
This makes it so that you see a lot more, both on the good and on the bad side.

Elf Emma

Makes sense if the bad trades were being taken but they just seem to clog up the trader with no one wanting them. The impatient can use the wholesaler so I still don’t get the logic. Better to pay a fee for the wholesaler then to allow another player to take advantage, just my opinion.

I post at least 20 trades every day, all my boosted goods, at 2 or 3 stars to re-balance. I believe that is the best strategy, at least it works for me, lol.

Deleted User - 1178646

Makes sense if the bad trades were being taken but they just seem to clog up the trader with no one wanting them. The impatient can use the wholesaler so I still don’t get the logic. Better to pay a fee for the wholesaler then to allow another player to take advantage, just my opinion.

I post at least 20 trades every day, all my boosted goods, at 2 or 3 stars to re-balance. I believe that is the best strategy, at least it works for me, lol.
unless you own a level 30 bee the wholesaler is an even bigger ripoff lol
even if you own one he is still a big ripoff

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
They've gotten used to higher ups in their fellowships picking things up
Just so you know, this is not true for sentient goods. Larger cities can pick up those lopsided trades from smaller cities in regular goods because they have so many. Sentient goods decay (like seeds and mana) and the demand for them increases greatly for the higher chapters. It's hard to get the amount of goods needed to unlock just one research because you get up in the morning and you've lost what you had last night to decay. It's a game of trying to trade to get all the goods you need before the end of your day so you can unlock the research before decay. There's just no way to stockpile enough to take other FS members' trades at those ratios once you get to sentients.
Sentients are traded worldwide instead of just with FS and neighbors. So, players post 3* (usually same tier) trades hoping to get them picked up quickly. There are predators who snap up those trades (they must be glued to the game!) for the goods that are rarest in that world and then post them at 0*/1* (often cross tier) knowing they'll get taken by someone who needs just that little bit more of that one good to finish something off at the end of the day, making a tidy profit off desperate players. Some of those predators have posted here on the forums trying to justify that behavior claiming they are providing a 'service' by making sure the goods are there when needed (like they wouldn't have been there at a much better price if they'd just left them alone!) and claim they 'deserve' the extra compensation :rolleyes: ; they're proud of themselves! I just try to think of how awful it must be to live inside their brain and pity them...

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Just so you know, this is not true for sentient goods. Larger cities can pick up those lopsided trades from smaller cities in regular goods because they have so many. Sentient goods decay (like seeds and mana) and the demand for them increases greatly for the higher chapters. It's hard to get the amount of goods needed to unlock just one research because you get up in the morning and you've lost what you had last night to decay. It's a game of trying to trade to get all the goods you need before the end of your day so you can unlock the research before decay. There's just no way to stockpile enough to take other FS members' trades at those ratios once you get to sentients.
Sentients are traded worldwide instead of just with FS and neighbors. So, players post 3* (usually same tier) trades hoping to get them picked up quickly. There are predators who snap up those trades (they must be glued to the game!) for the goods that are rarest in that world and then post them at 0*/1* (often cross tier) knowing they'll get taken by someone who needs just that little bit more of that one good to finish something off at the end of the day, making a tidy profit off desperate players. Some of those predators have posted here on the forums trying to justify that behavior claiming they are providing a 'service' by making sure the goods are there when needed (like they wouldn't have been there at a much better price if they'd just left them alone!) and claim they 'deserve' the extra compensation :rolleyes: ; they're proud of themselves! I just try to think of how awful it must be to live inside their brain and pity them...
Yep, I should have clarified that I was talking about regular goods, particularly since the OP mentioned sentient. My bad. But the kinds of predators you talk about ... ugh. I'd rather spend an extra year in a chapter than to give them one tiny little bit of my business. You have to wonder sometime how people were raised, and feel sorry for them... but not sorry enough to take their sucker trades, at least I won't. :mad:

Elf Emma

Thanks so much for the thoughtful and informative response

I am more than willing to use the wholesaler, even if the 0 or 1 star trades are a better deal. In my opinion the people posting bad trades are predators in a game intended to foster cooperation.

I just wish we could use coins for sentient goods with the wholesaler.

TomatoeHu

Sheets of Color
I looked up the felllowships where the 0 star trades were coming from. Most of the time there are other players from that same fellowship, posting pages of trades, artificially setting a demand. Some will even post three star trades to get the bidding started. I write down their names and all their fellows, and never trade with any of them again. not even standard goods.

We started an Elvenar world chat for trade help, the link is in my signature, feel free to reach out there for help with trades. On Winyandor I make Soap, Obsidian and Platinum. On Khelonaar i make Gum, Cosmic and Velvet. Anyone can message me in game directly for help as well ♥

ET-inf3rno

I looked up the felllowships where the 0 star trades were coming from. Most of the time there are other players from that same fellowship, posting pages of trades, artificially setting a demand. Some will even post three star trades to get the bidding started. I write down their names and all their fellows, and never trade with any of them again. not even standard goods.

We started an Elvenar world chat for trade help, the link is in my signature, feel free to reach out there for help with trades. On Winyandor I make Soap, Obsidian and Platinum. On Khelonaar i make Gum, Cosmic and Velvet. Anyone can message me in game directly for help as well ♥

12 fellowships on my list so far, which means around 200 players... I tried to fix this in the past few days, but a real fix would be if Inno would hide the unfair trades that are coming from outside the fellowship, so nobody could take them and we could still do unfair trades inside the fellowship when somebody really needs it.

ET-inf3rno

Just to mention we did not really have a shortage of ink and shrooms, it was artificially created by them (mostly by 5 players). We have a shortage only of velvet and platinum. Tier3 is more or less balanced, maybe there is a little extra bismuth. Currently I am drowning in leaf and ink.

Last edited:

TomatoeHu

Sheets of Color
12 fellowships on my list so far, which means around 200 players...
The worst part of those 200 players, you can also figure 1/4 of them are alt-accounts made soley to assist in the crap trades, kp pushing etc. It would be nice to have an Ignore feature in the trader like they do on the forums. I ignore those traders anyways, so whether that feature comes through, they wont see a single trade from me, not even if they offer 3 stars for standard goods. Its a great idea ET and I voted ♥

Yogi Dave

... so I still don’t get the logic.
It's impossible to use what is logical to you to figure out what is logical to another person. What is their motivation? No way of telling.
Too bad we can't ask the obusers why!!
Somehow, I doubt you would get an honest answer. Maybe they would blame in on the 5G network talking to them and they lost their tinfoil hat and it's too scary to go to the store since so many people are wearing masks. Why are they wearing masks? Is it to hide their fangs?

You just can't argue with logic like that. It's just too alien.

ET-inf3rno

It's impossible to use what is logical to you to figure out what is logical to another person. What is their motivation? No way of telling.

Somehow, I doubt you would get an honest answer. Maybe they would blame in on the 5G network talking to them and they lost their tinfoil hat and it's too scary to go to the store since so many people are wearing masks. Why are they wearing masks? Is it to hide their fangs?

You just can't argue with logic like that. It's just too alien.
The answer would be that it is part of the game, just like KP pushing. I really don't care about their side of the story, better to care about players who need protection from them.