• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Hardware acceleration problem

Since Chrome updated to Version 88.0.4324.150 (Official Build) (64-bit) - I'm getting a Hardware acceleration error, despite it being turned on. I even turned it off and on again, but problems still exist. The game is so slow it's unplayable.

Game version: v1.122.3-(0737049) - html5 (2021-02-04 11:54)
Game world: US (two servers)
Browser + version: Google Chrome Version 88.0.4324.150 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Flash Player version: __ HTML5
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Screen resolution: 1920/1080
Account name: Mailea Labria
Humans or Elves: both

Reproducibility: _5/5
Capture.JPG

Today it's almost playable. I had to turn off hardware acceleration, reload Chrome, turn it on, reload chrome, and that made the game load. It's still sluggish and freezes, which requires me to repeat all the steps with reloading, but I can do "something".

Fayeanne

My understanding is Chrome has an internal, invisible "blacklist" of specific video cards. If your system has a video card on that blacklist Chrome will not use hardware acceleration regardless of the setting.

So the most feasible option is to play using another browser that doesn't have the blacklist. Most people suggest Firefox. I find that Firefox's performance is slightly slower but it's still playable and definitely far more playable than a blacklisted Chrome.

(See also here: https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index....n-elvenar-with-chromium-based-browsers.25490/ )

StarLoad

My understanding is Chrome has an internal, invisible "blacklist" of specific video cards. If your system has a video card on that blacklist Chrome will not use hardware acceleration regardless of the setting.

So the most feasible option is to play using another browser that doesn't have the blacklist. Most people suggest Firefox. I find that Firefox's performance is slightly slower but it's still playable and definitely far more playable than a blacklisted Chrome.

(See also here: https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index....n-elvenar-with-chromium-based-browsers.25490/ )
I dont think this is the problem, in this case, I to have experienced this issue mine was using the Opera GX browser which is Chromium based and I also had the Hardware Acceleration on and on start I would get the error and it was unplayable. I did not fix it as such but after switching to another browser, Edge, I think, it started working properly. None of my other cities play was affected on Chrome, Opera, Firefox, or Edge.