• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Top 5 Ancient Wonders

Elf Emma

Curious, if you could only choose 5 AW’s, what would they be and why? Please include your chapter since I think that plays into the choice! Hoping for some insight :)

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
One city beginning of Ch16; other city beginning of Ch15 . Both are played as an elf. Speed of progress through chapters is not important to me in the least.
Answers are the same for both cities:
Needles of the Tempest
Shrine of the Shrewdy Shrooms (get it the end of Ch8; I'd use Dwarven Bulwark until I reached it)
Flying Academy (get it the end of Ch9)
Dragon Abbey (get it the end of Ch10)
Time Warp (get it the end of Ch14)
As a primarily combat city, these AW's would provide the most benefit to my Barracks and Mercenary Camp troops. I seldom use Training Camp troops anymore and could work around the few times I do. NoT and FA would provide training time boosts for my Barracks and Merc Camp as well as NoT increasing the attack for my light range and FA providing Sorceresses (that I rarely use now, but could in easier fights). Shrooms increases my training size and provides light range troops. Dragon Abbey increases attack for my mages and provides mana on demand so I can ignore decay. Time Warp tourney cooldown decrease enables me to use troop boost bldgs and pet food in the most efficient manner. I also have a lvl 10 brown bear(that I now rarely use) and lvl 10 polar bear in both cities that help with troop production and tourney cooldown.
The only issue I can see here is losing Prosperity Towers and Golden Abyss for population and supplies. But with all the extra room I'd have without the other AW's I use, I could place more houses and workshops. Playing the Spire for 1.5yrs in both cities has provided enough magic bldgs (either directly or through diamonds/genies won there or in crafting/mystery object) that I have magic ws and magic houses sitting in my inventory in both cities now and enough diamonds to buy a few more if needed.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@samidodamage Since you are a combat player I am surprised you didn't include Martial Monastery. I would think the toughness boost to troops would be important.

Gath Of Baal

My top 5 Ancient Wonders

1) I wonder if Atlantis was real and what really happened to it if it was?

2) I Wonder what was the purpose of building Stonehenge?

3) We know when and where but I Wonder what actually killed Alexander The Great and where is his real final resting place?

42) I Wonder What is the meaning of life? :p

5) I Wonder how were the Pyramids really built and how did they cut the stone so precise?

Bonus Wonder

I Wonder does Oak Island really hold vast treasures or have I wasted like 8 years of my life watching the show?

I Wonder if you are now smiling after reading this

Last edited:

Deleted User - 1178646

Needles, Flying academy, dragon abbey, timewarp, shrooms.

Similar to samidosage, as I am a fighter.

Timewarp to get access to your own tournament scedule and allows you to use double boosters. this makes LR and Mage units very powerfull so powerfull theyre basically the only units you'll use. in it htis case the only units

Shrooms because you need a decent production time to keep producing.

Needles and flying academy for improved production rates (thats why you need shrooms to counter it.

Needles and dragon abbey to boost your LR and LM attacks.

Abbey because instant mana is soo nice to have.

but to be real it really needs a 6th wonder to complement it all, the martial monestary / sanctuary wonder.
This boosts your units HP (so they die less) and gives a lot of culture especially late game. and the improved culture makes it easier to make a lot of supplies, supplies you need to keep those unit factories working.

So I would like to stretch the 5 limit to 6 and try to squeeze in the monestary as it's actually really needed, but everyting else is optional and nice to have.

Deleted User - 849192770

i'm suprised the golden abyss isn't on the list my lvl 12 gives 62.111 etc. per square and 28,500 coins every three hours.
i also have and love the saunctary its only at lvl 4 but it really makes a difference.
looking forward the MH, and PT looks great as does the SotSS
then DA would be great for my priests
and i can't really go past that because i don't understand the mechanics like seeds and sentient

Alram

Flippers just flip
The Golden Abyss because I like the name
The Mountain Halls because I love roller coasters.
The Blooming Trader because it's a bee and I must have it.
The Prosperity Towers because I think the bee will like it.
The Dragon Abbey because I need more dragons in my city.

Iyapo1

The top 5 AWs are the spaces you build them in. Don't build any! You're only screwing yourself over if you do!

Um....what do you do for seeds with zero bonus production?

Edit to add: hahaha, I just looked at your city, my apologies, I totally missed the sarcasm!

Last edited:

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@Henroo
The MM is a must have AW for me! But, since I was limited to 5 AW's by the question, had to eliminate something. My brown bear and time instants would definitely be getting a workout with this build, lol! Like crazywizard, I think I could play with just 6 AW's; 5 is one short of being able to really work.

michmarc

My Top 5 (in no particular order [Ch15])
* Golden Abyss (for me, 5x the gold and 10x the population of a magic house at half the size and no culture cost)
* Prosperity Towers (better than a workshop at any level, plus boosts PP spells when you need more supplies)
* Needles of the Tempest (I'll admit to not building this for a long time, which was probably a mistake. Faster troop production and a damage boost to archers: the best unit class in the game)
* TimeWarp (you won't get this until very late game, but it completely changes how you approach the tournament; plus boosts sentient good production!)
* Not sure on the 5th one -- the Mountain Halls is great for goods boost early on and the population is always welcome. I think it is a must-build when you're in Ch6-10. The Simia Sapiens is great for sentient decay and boosts all troop production.

Iyapo1

It's good, but unlike those on the list it gives you something that you can get from other sources so that basically disqualifies it from the top 5 in any military city.
I don't understand this distinction.
I understand that a catering city will gain a much larger population boost than a military city because of a larger working population...but the percent is the same and even military cities have a working population.
The Golden Abyss at level 30 provides a population increase of 15% if you let them sit on their lazy bums, if you put all the people to work it provides an increase of just over 21%.

Military cities can get a 21% population bump in under 9 squares?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I think this discussion is somewhat artificial due to the limit of 5 AWs.

Golden Abyss may not be Top 5, but that's not the same thing as saying that it's not worth the space in addition to the Top 5.
True, but it does bleed over into KP.
At some point, you do have to decide if you should put the next 500 KP into this or that wonder and that's when lists and comparisons come in.