• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

High level chapters are literally TOO MUCH

StarLoad

Perhaps you are right, but I wonder how many people come to Elvenar via referral and how many just come upon it as they look around at what's available. I think you are right that if you stop developing the player base will crash, but development, in this game, need not be about new chapters. Thus, you could just slowly stop making new chapters and develop other aspects of the game or add new ones.

AJ
I agree, but also we must remember that we play games for many reasons, fun, escape, camaraderie, challenge and diversion for example. Take away that motivation or alter it in a way that produces a negative response and the players will slowly go away.

DeletedUser2959

You can do chapters slowly and take your time. That way they are not such a burden. And once you get down with the chapter, you then update everything rather than attempt to do it while in the chapter. Some exceptions, like chapter 17 MH must be updated to progress. Well over 10% of the top 100 players where I play have taken a break. I haven't heard any of them say it was because of the toughness of chapters. It appears RL is the issue. Also when 1 guy with several dozen alts stops playing or cities in 6 worlds it looks massive.
Agreed, but what makes me want to blow through them is the vast area they consume in my city.

SunsetDanar

build more T6, you can't get away with 1 factory,
I also wonder what you have 4 magic dust, 1 gems and 1 elixer factory?
Why the elixer factory?

With the teleport spells it's very easy to swap in and out factories as needed.
Why don't you store that elixer factory and 2 magic dus factories and use 4 T6 for example?

Once you're finished with the chapter you store the access T6 factories and set your original factories back if you want from your inventory.
With the teleport spells it doesn't really matter anymore what you need, whatever a chapter demands you just swap the needed buildings from your inventory to your city and back.

Not all cities are equipped equally with AWs or have the ability to whip out PPs on a whim. Some are a bit real estate challenged, as I was (still am, actually) but built and leveled up one each of the Sentient goods Manufactories one at a time using time instants on the later levels but still somewhat of a pain. Then, as suggested here, teleported them back and forth as demand required. Took just a bit more than 5 months with that strategy but I'm thinking this may have been a "test" chapter for Inno, a way to slow down players who are capable of zipping through them in a matter of weeks. I believe that Inno may have realized that the chapter 15 requirements were a bit much but too late before rollout (Do they not even listen to the Beta players for Pete's sake...I mean this supposed to be the sounding board for the next chapter rollout). Too late for chapter 15 mods as too many players have already braved the impossible. Chapter 16 is very easy by comparison and now chapter 17, is killing us on demands for Orcs and Mana (especially...and a bit unrealistic numbers here). But these numbers may be adjusted going forward to the next chapter. Hard to tell. Maybe Inno won't listen to input from their Beta players for the next rollout either...

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
Not all cities are equipped equally with AWs or have the ability to whip out PPs on a whim. Some are a bit real estate challenged, as I was (still am, actually) but built and leveled up one each of the Sentient goods Manufactories one at a time using time instants on the later levels but still somewhat of a pain. Then, as suggested here, teleported them back and forth as demand required. Took just a bit more than 5 months with that strategy but I'm thinking this may have been a "test" chapter for Inno, a way to slow down players who are capable of zipping through them in a matter of weeks. I believe that Inno may have realized that the chapter 15 requirements were a bit much but too late before rollout (Do they not even listen to the Beta players for Pete's sake...I mean this supposed to be the sounding board for the next chapter rollout). Too late for chapter 15 mods as too many players have already braved the impossible. Chapter 16 is very easy by comparison and now chapter 17, is killing us on demands for Orcs and Mana (especially...and a bit unrealistic numbers here). But these numbers may be adjusted going forward to the next chapter. Hard to tell. Maybe Inno won't listen to input from their Beta players for the next rollout either...

And what has this to do with my advise?, how is this related to swapping in and out buildings on demand?
it doesnt matter how much wonders, space and PP you have. if you need t6 swap out some T3 for T6.
If you need more space for your race goods make more space by swapping out buildings for race space. with teleport spells you can not non destructively modify your city to what a chapter demands.

Off course you need to be willing to play the spire to get them, otherwise you make it very hard on yourself.

SunsetDanar

And what has this to do with my advise?, how is this related to swapping in and out buildings on demand?
it doesnt matter how much wonders, space and PP you have. if you need t6 swap out some T3 for T6.
If you need more space for your race goods make more space by swapping out buildings for race space. with teleport spells you can not non destructively modify your city to what a chapter demands.

Off course you need to be willing to play the spire to get them, otherwise you make it very hard on yourself.

This has to do with your advise. AWs such as Sunset Towers, Elvenar Trade Center and Dark Maze, once leveled up, significantly whittles down your decay percentage, therefore allowing the player to keep more of what's produced. So, actually it does matter how many Wonders. Many players may not have the available real estate to place them so that may be a concern for them. Portal Profits are are very useful in this chapter and are major players on chapter advancement but again, many players may not have them or the ability to produce them. The blanket assumption that everyone is equal at whatever level is false and so is the blanket advise. Finally, unless you missed it. I agreed with your advise and actually employed as I said.

Last edited:

jesikrey

Chapter 15 has two speeds. First is super slow until you have researched all the guest race buildings. Once you are past the Vault of Wisdom, you then shift into high gear and sell every guest race building other than the portal, which is already maxed at level 4, of course, and the only guest race goods you will need are the ones that can be made with portal profits. At that point, if you have enough for all the goods the rest of the chapter needs, all you have to worry about is the sentient goods and the seeds to make them.

This is good info. I just started Chapter 15 and yikes!! is a lot of sentient goods! i found chapter 14 to be terrible and annoying. I think 15 will be a bit better but I need to understand that I have to pace myself. Portal profits have been crafting every time I have the opportunity in MA.

For now I am using all my extra space for the FA and upgrading all the buildings that I can plus adding new manufactories that give me sentient good boost! Makes for easier trading or buying with wholesaler.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
They're not offensive, (not all of them anyway) but they are against the Forum rules. If you haven't read the forum rules yet, they can be found here.

GlamDoll

They're not offensive, (not all of them anyway) but they are against the Forum rules. If you haven't read the forum rules yet, they can be found here.
I see. A technicality. Have you ever wondered why they are against the rules? Oh a woman is pretty! Against the rules! Oh, a man is strong! Against the rules! I will NOT give any more common sense here...It's a no-brainer. No wonder everything is a mess these days :(

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
It's all about space and resources. We are to conserve where we can. Imagine if every player had an animated signature and posted gifs. The Forum would be very slow. As we're veering off topic with this, feel free to message me if you're wanting to discuss this further.

GlamDoll

It's all about space and resources. We are to conserve where we can. Imagine if every player had an animated signature and posted gifs. The Forum would be very slow. As we're veering off topic with this, feel free to message me if you're wanting to discuss this further.
I have paid Inno more than enough to not be that cheap & greedy! YW!