• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

FELLOWSHIP ADVENTURES

LutherTheHairy

I understand now. I thought the trilights represented the ends of stages, not places to shift within a stage. I thought picking orange at the beginning committed us to that path no matter what. This makes the paths and quest list more tunable than I thought.

Last edited:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I umherstand now. I thought the trilights represented the ends of stages, not places to shift within a stage. I thought picking orange at the beginning committed us to that path no matter what. This makes the paths and quest list more tunable than I thought.
Correct. The tendency is for players to refer to each of the three maps as a map or a stage interchangeably (not including the fourth stage, in which all of the paths are replaced by a whilrpool). There are three maps (stages) each map looks the same, but has a different prize and each of the gates/dots on the map has a different value on each stage.

Each path has 8 dots (plus one dot/flag which is shared between all three paths at the start)
The tri-lights are crossover points, where you can move from one path to another path on the same stage of the adventure. On each stage, you can select a new colour or keep the same colour.

Kalbhairab

What is the frequency of Fellowship Adventures? As the Tournaments happen every week, when does Fellowship Adventures happen?

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
What is the frequency of Fellowship Adventures? As the Tournaments happen every week, when does Fellowship Adventures happen?

They used to say a FA came once every 9 week Tournament cycle - but there is no fixed date; it seems to depend on the whim of the designers - and sometimes the year's calendar gets shuffled so a specific event can fall on or during a seasonal holiday.
Recently there is a tendency to give Artifacts as prizes in the FA that follows an event - and I REALLY do not like that - it forces one to have FA's more often than would be ideal.
There is an immense amount of work that goes into doing an FA properly - I usually do not sleep properly for the whole week.
Four Adventures a year would be quite enough for me - then they would be a rare treat, not an overdose. For me, FA's should be like Black Forest Chocolate cake - lovely as a treat, but if you eat it every day you will grow bloated and bilious.

:)

Henroo

Oh Wise One
This is the 3rd FA this year which I know of. There was one in early March and another around late April/early May. I was not playing before February, so I do not know how frequent that have been in previous years.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
This is the 3rd FA this year which I know of. There was one in early March and another around late April/early May. I was not playing before February, so I do not know how frequent that have been in previous years.
This last one seems like the longest interval between FAs that I've ever seen. Frankly, I wouldn't mind them being always this far apart. I think 4 times a year is plenty. But we never know for sure.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Gems lists the last two years or so with months:
1598716890243.png

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Ambassadors, Mages and Archmages in the fellowship. Some fellowships make everyone but the AM and FA leaders fellows for the duration of the event so the flag doesn’t accidentally get pulled too soon.

I would never demote my players - I see this as an admission of poor leadership skills. A good Archmage should train his / her players properly and use the NO REPLY update thread continually during a FA - then everyone knows what they are doing, and mistakes seldom happen.
If you cannot trust your players, then you have assembled a poor team...
Many Elvenar players come to the game to escape unpleasant realities like cancer, degenerative disease, bereavement, loneliness, depression and unemployment. For some sensitive souls it can be hurtful to be demoted, even if only temporary - no matter how nicely you do it.
That is why I never demote players - it is only a game. Some fellowships get totally carried away with FA which really only gives 'bragging rights' - the prizes at present are pathetic. It is quite possible to come in the top five with a minimum of fuss and disruption, if you have a strong team.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I would never demote my players - I see this as an admission of poor leadership skills. A good Archmage should train his / her players properly and use the NO REPLY update thread continually during a FA - then everyone knows what they are doing, and mistakes seldom happen.
If you cannot trust your players, then you have assembled a poor team...
Many Elvenar players come to the game to escape unpleasant realities like cancer, degenerative disease, bereavement, loneliness, depression and unemployment. For some sensitive souls it can be hurtful to be demoted, even if only temporary - no matter how nicely you do it.
That is why I never demote players - it is only a game. Some fellowships get totally carried away with FA which really only gives 'bragging rights' - the prizes at present are pathetic. It is quite possible to come in the top five with a minimum of fuss and disruption, if you have a strong team.
Jack, I normally love your wise words, but in this case, I have to disagree. I have an incredible archmage, and she "trains" her people properly. But no matter how hard you try to drum it into people's heads, you'll get a "Gosh, I'm sorry guys, I was sleepy." or, "My son was collecting badges for me and accidentally pulled the flag." (We've had both of those.) I don't blame an AM for reducing rank, as long as it doesn't single out only a few players. An AM who says, "Hey guys, in order to ensure that all of you get all the points you deserve, we are temporarily switching everyone to fellow except for the three who are leading this event. That way, you can play without having to worry about the flag. Thanks!" I do not mind in the slightest when an AM puts it that way, and I am actually glad, because then I do not have to worry about dropping 30 blacksmiths in a waypoint and have someone ruin it. Can you imagine how frustrating and depressing it would be for a person with cancer, unemployment, or etc, to have that happen? I think that would make them feel worse than having everyone reduce temporarily.

But if you're talking about simply reducing the people who have had accidental flag pullings in the past, then that I would agree with. You can't single people out.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I would never demote my players - I see this as an admission of poor leadership skills.
Funny, I think an AM who isn't capable of explaining why they are adjusting ranks for a week is a pretty crappy AM with poor leadership skills.
Probably puts the milk in before the cereal too.