• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Adventures Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dew Spinner

I have seen FS overviews that say "Alts not welcome". So, whales are great but diamond grinding is not?
I have also seen that but I think it is because "push" accounts are against the rules and the FS doesn't want to get in trouble or look like they are condoning rule breaking, I guess. Whales are not against the rules and therefore not unethical, the most anyone could say is that it's not good sportsmanship. And I am not a Whale, I just don't see why all the ire. Whales are a part of every game that has a money/diamond component. If someone wants to spend hundreds of dollars to win a week long FA with a bunch of crappy prizes, as far as I'm concerned, let them have at it. As the old saying goes...A fool and their money are soon parted.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I find it pretty hard to believe that a FS would "boot" a Whale from the FS. Any FS would be lucky to have a Whale in their midst and I don't believe they would cut their nose off to spite their face and lose the advantage a Whale brings to their FS. Human nature is to look the other way if you don't like the behavior and still reap the benefits. I have never seen a FS Overview that said "Whales need not apply"! LOL
I probably wouldn't boot them in this scenario, but I can see why they would be undesirable to some. The FA is a team event, and if I'm playing a game of pick-up, I wouldn't actually want LeBron on my team as it would make my efforts kinda pointless.

Luckily, LeBron tends to play with other pros so he's not going to be super interested in joining my game of pick-up anyways. The problem mostly sorts itself.

Dew Spinner

I probably wouldn't boot them in this scenario, but I can see why they would be undesirable to some. The FA is a team event, and if I'm playing a game of pick-up, I wouldn't actually want LeBron on my team as it would make my efforts kinda pointless.

Luckily, LeBron tends to play with other pros so he's not going to be super interested in joining my game of pick-up anyways. The problem mostly sorts itself.
I agree but you will never get rid of Whales that INNO LOVES!! INNO is laughing at these players all the way to the bank! So the only option is to live with it and be happy with second and think of Second as the new First!!

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I have seen FS overviews that say "Alts not welcome".
I think it is because "push" accounts are against the rules
Not all alts are push accounts that are against the rules, but it's tough to tell which ones are not. They can't be diamond farms because diamonds are limited to the same account and can only be gotten from cities on that same account in different worlds.
In the past we ended up with a player in one of my FS's that had 2 accounts because they didn't join at exactly the same time and didn't tell us they were the same person for awhile. Both cities were being played regularly, both cities participated in the kp swaps and didn't contribute to their own alt city AW's, so it appeared they were not push accounts. The problem for us became apparent when they stopped playing. Instead of needing to replace one member, we had to replace 2. My other FS got a request for 4 alts to join together. While those were probably push accounts (but maybe not), my first thought was 'and when you stop playing we'll lose 4 members!' Recruiting is hard enough without setting yourself up to do more than you have to!

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
The problem for us became apparent when they stopped playing. Instead of needing to replace one member, we had to replace 2. My other FS got a request for 4 alts to join together. While those were probably push accounts (but maybe not), my first thought was 'and when you stop playing we'll lose 4 members!' Recruiting is hard enough without setting yourself up to do more than you have to!
Exactly this. Even worse than quitting though is temporary activity reduction like vacations or illness. Those are simple enough to deal with 1 at a time, but losing ~20% of your spire score can make the difference between gold and silver which costs your FS thousands of diamonds per week.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I'm still wondering how you know what people in other fellowships are doing with their own diamonds. How do you know that no one in your FS bought any badges?
Insulting people for using their own diamonds whenever they want is unkind.
Please point out my "insult." I am quite sure I insulted no one, but if I did, tell me where it is and I'll rethink. Also, please point out where I was "unkind" toward any person. As I specifically stated, we all spend diamonds, and there is nothing wrong with that. If I can't say that I would not use my diamonds in one particular manner, then it is not me who is trying to limit someone.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
The FA starts on Thursday March 11th, 2021!

Read all about it here: https://tinyurl.com/4lnqn3k3
This is our Adventure Note from Beta world with Prizes, Waypoint Map and Spreadsheet for those who use those; the Live version should be similar or identical.

159025574_10218774080763741_7095275575158444642_n.jpg

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
What COLOR path is best this time? I am new to figuring this out...
That depends on your team. Orange has a predominance of short workshop badges, green has a good mix, blue has more long badges. But the orange will have more scarce badges, so it all balances out.
Read Elvengems, follow the link in 'What's New' if you don't have the site loaded already.

Nimitz69

Which COLOR path is everyone else taking? Thanks Lelanya xo ! I am checking out spreadsheits, etc. on elvengems.com...
What are "scare" badges ?

Sprite1313

Which COLOR path is everyone else taking? Thanks Lelanya xo ! I am checking out spreadsheits, etc. on elvengems.com...
What are "scare" badges ?
Scarce badges are the ones that FSs have found are limiting them the most. As you can tell from this discussion thread, with this new format, that includes bracelets and arcane residue. But you also want to look at your FS and what they will likely struggle to make. So, if nobody has room to place a bunch of level 1 WS, then blacksmiths are going to be a challenge. Players probably can’t sustain troop production and research if their routine WSs are tied up in 1 day badges.
But if you have players who normally only log in once a day, then blacksmiths are probably good badges for them to make.

Similar considerations for the necklaces and statues, which have long production times.

Edit: my FS is doing green, blue, blue. That works for us, but might not be the best for others. This is also a rare instance where my FS is not doing all, all, all. Bad timing for too many of us.

Crow Last Elf

What COLOR path is best this time? I am new to figuring this out...

What worked for me is to look at each badge individually, take the total requirements for the stage and divide it by the number of players that are going to participate.

Then I ask, can the average player in my fs collect this within the time allowed? Since the FA lasts just over 6 days,
plan to spend at most 1 day in Stage 1, 2 days in Stage 2, and the rest of the time in Stage 3.

I look for which badge requirements are the hardest for my fs and focus on those to determine which path to avoid.

Remember that for any badges that can be made from participating in the tournament, like Ghost in a bottle, Elemental Marbles, Witch Hat, it helps to ask your FS to collect as many badges as possible before the tournament ends. How many badges are collected before this week's tournament ends may help you in selecting which path to take.

CrusaderMichael

i put a single badge down this morning at start of FA because i was afraid if me and others did too much, some of us might not get reward before we pulled.

Now we have done almost all of what we're going to before a pull and i don't have the 1 badge type needed and it'll take 9 hours to make one so, no thanks... others have it incoming already.

so... 1 badge i did today...

THIS IS WAY TOO MUCH WORK !!!!!!!!!

jesikrey

What behavior? Is buying badges unethical? I did accidentally buy a badge this last FA, a carpenters of all silly things. I'm pretty sure no one knows. Lol. They know now.
How do you know what people in other fellowships are doing with their diamonds?
Oh I'm telling!! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.