• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Thoughts about Arcane Residue...

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
Your numbers look good and I don't dispute. I too am happy for something to slow down the demolished city lurkers...However, we are in the pit. We don't care about score. BUT, if we want to keep going so we can dump the 100+ coin and troops badges we have or the statues we made ine xtra for the pit...this fellow will need to burn 13hrs of time instants or 3 blueprints. It seems a steep price.

Don't force yourself to make stuff you do not want, especially if you just wanna have fun and ranking is not your main goal.
If you can't make it, then someone else will, 6 hours later there is another opportunity.

with 25 players you can do about 5 pits per 6 hours.
this player might be able to make 1 of the recipes and combine it next cyle, someone elkse might have enough goods to make 2.
And elke it are maybe 2-3 pits per 6 hours instead of 5.

It's good practise to no fret about everything, there is always something to fret about.
In the old system we also have people complaining they had a lot of "leftover" badges they could not use.

play within your limits.

hvariidh gwendrot

no kidding on the don't force yourself .. there's a lot of angst in here when to get the rewards you really don't have to do anything extra or rebuild the city, take a rotation or two for toolboxes is about it as far as "extra effort" .. the only difference in rewards in a FA finish and a trophy win is a few extra ranking points, a speed up, and the trophy .. few care about getting the trophy and you can craft speed ups and get a residue badge lol, tri color way points and pit offer nothing but a place to put more badges .. till that changes who cares what trophy hunters do .. let people play the game and relax .. those types spend a lot of real money and help keep the game you "enjoy" going

neeronie

It's hard to understand why others can't see this. I understand the way the FA was before was unfavorable but this is just plain torturous, I don't even want to play FA anymore. I wasn't a big fan of it before but I absolutely detest it now and now as soon as I know one is coming it ruins my whole game experience for the whole week before and the week of FA
the arcane residue, is a big problem for players at all levels, the lower level often need to use relics to make the catalyst the craft which can take hours if making multiple low value items or wasteful if making items which give more the 9 and use up excess catalyst. Time boost and a supply of catalyst help higher level players if you have them but once you have made everything in the current offerings whether you can use them or not you have to wait for the next grouping.

The enchanted tiara looks innocent. However, it takes a lower level player 10 hours to make 1 enchantment and you need to use 3 to make a badge so we are talking 30 hours. Then, are they really supposed to be saved for the Fellowship Adv. instead of using them in everyday play? For upper level players who are trying to fill the need, and may have an excess of enchantments, you can enchant every suitable building 3 times, as I have and sparkle like the 4th of July for weeks after the end of the FA. In Stage 3, the second tricolor on the yellow path requires 207 tiara. That is 621 enchantments that took between 8 and 10 hours each to make. Even with 25 members that is excessive by any count. I used to live for the Fellowship Adventure since it was the only event that was a team effort. Now my enthusiasm for it has been lost, as for the game in general. My once sunny disposition is becoming grumpy.

Last edited:

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
the arcane residue, is a big problem for players at all levels, the lower level often need to use relics to make the catalyst the craft which can take hours if making multiple low value items or wasteful if making items which give more the 9 and use up excess catalyst. Time boost and a supply of catalyst help higher level players if you have them but once you have made everything in the current offerings whether you can use them or not you have to wait for the next grouping.

The enchanted tiara looks innocent. However, it takes a lower level player 10 hours to make 1 enchantment and you need to use 3 to make a badge so we are talking 30 hours. Then, are they really supposed to be saved for the Fellowship Adv. instead of using them in everyday play? For upper level players who are trying to fill the need, and may have an excess of enchantments, you can enchant every suitable building 3 times, as I have and sparkle like the 4th of July for weeks after the end of the FA. In Stage 3, the second tricolor on the yellow path requires 207 tiara. That is 621 enchantments that took between 8 and 10 hours each to make. Even with 25 members that is excessive by any count. I used to live for the Fellowship Adventure since it was the only event that was a team effort. Now my enthusiasm for it has been lost, as for the game in general. My once sunny disposition is becoming grumpy.

Play some tournaments and all your tiara issuea are solved,
the first 10 provinces + the 10 chest end reward give you 20 spells, for each extra province you get another 2 spells.

So 20 provinces reward you with 20+10*2=40 spells.
many of us never make spells only CC (and some people combined with MM) are made in de academy.

There are a pretty decent amount of weeks between FA's 25 spells per player is then a lot less exessive.
If you and your fellows do 8 provinces 5 rounds per week you have more then enough spells for all routes./

Fa's should not be looked at in just total numbers, they look huge and humongous, but when you divvy them up between 25 players those numbers become a lot less intimidating. FA's are made to be played with 25 people.

Dew Spinner

I find it hard to believe that there are people who hate dwarven more or even as much as they hate arcanes. It certainly isn't true in my fellowship. If it were, we wouldn't be swimming in dwarven and have virtually no arcanes. We have enough dwarven to last the rest of the event and remain in the number 1 spot. But I would like to get other opinions on that. Anyone here?
I don't mind them at all and would much rather do them than Arcanes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They cost zero resources but land.

Dew Spinner

Thats fine ain't it?

• Left route: 83 badges
  • Middle route: 39 badges
  • Right route: 56 badges
  • All routes: 178 badges
So for the left route each player needs to do 3 badges in 1 week. this is not a problem for anyone
For the middle route it's 1.5 badge each
For the right route 2 badges each

And for all routes 1 badge per day per player.
You can always craft something each day that will result in an arcane residue or more.

So even in relax mode, just crafting things you like each fellowship should be able to have arcane residue badges for the vortex as long as everyone plays along and makes 1 badge or more per day.
No crazy crafting needed.
1 combat building is a badge, 1 petfood and something else is a badge, and some really decent timeboosters are a badge or a timebooster and something. plenty of badge opportunities and if you want to make a badge there are plenty of other recipes left that grant a badge if you so desire.

So only if you want to go all out on the vortex and really battle for the best at absolute top will you need to actually push those badges.
Why is it such a drama, that you need to make these badges for that goal?

It's totally fine to destroy entire cities into oblivion for those places, creating completely destroyed towns to dominate the top of the FA, but making a badge that keeps a player with a playable but to the FA modified town competitive is the worst thing in the world.

please explain how this:

is better than making arcane residue if you really desire to battle for the top spots.

And if you just want to enjoy the FA and complete it all, making 1 badge a day isn't the worst thing in the world.
Hell I have ignored FA for as long as I could and I make more than 1 badge per day, no FA needed.

I wonder how people can blow this up this badly. it's most likely for the same reason as in the beginning people went mad because the FA was impossible to get those massive numbers required. but when it's divided over many it's actually not much at all.
If you look rational at the numbers required this whole topic makes no sense

@AtaguS this rant was not specifically pointed to you.
Players DON'T want to throw tons of resources down the drain for crappy prizes! That is why there is such a fuss about Arcanes. If you are in a FS that you like and don't want to leave an they like FA, you are expected to be a Team Player and HAVE to throw tons of resources down the drain for crappy prizes.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Players DON'T want to throw tons of resources down the drain for crappy prizes! That is why there is such a fuss about Arcanes.
I think you're correct that players make a fuss about certain badges and the resources required. But even absent the residue badges, the prizes for the FA are crappy and not worth the effort. The number 1 ranked FS gets a bldg that is not as good as some of the daily prizes in the events! And you can get multiples of those event bldgs with way less effort. Anyone playing the FA for prizes is willing to throw tons of resources away for crappy prizes even if the residue badge was eliminated completely, imo.
The FA is a great idea, but the implementation is severely lacking.

Dew Spinner

I think you're correct that players make a fuss about certain badges and the resources required. But even absent the residue badges, the prizes for the FA are crappy and not worth the effort. The number 1 ranked FS gets a bldg that is not as good as some of the daily prizes in the events! And you can get multiples of those event bldgs with way less effort. Anyone playing the FA for prizes is willing to throw tons of resources away for crappy prizes even if the residue badge was eliminated completely, imo.
The FA is a great idea, but the implementation is severely lacking.
No badge sucks resources out of your city, like Arcanes, it's a multi resource badge and those resources are more of a luxury than resources needed for other badges. If INNO wants to drain our city of resources they need to offer better prizes. If they don't want to offer better prizes then they should come up with another badge that is a little friendlier on resources.

neeronie

the first 10 provinces + the 10 chest end reward give you 20 spells, for each extra province you get another 2 spells.

So 20 provinces reward you with 20+10*2=40 spells.
many of us never make spells only CC (and some people combined with MM) are made in de academy.

There are a pretty decent amount of weeks between FA's 25 spells per player is then a lot less exessive.
If you and your fellows do 8 provinces 5 rounds per week you have more then enough spells for all routes./

Fa's should not be looked at in just total numbers, they look huge and humongous, but when you divvy them up between 25 players those numbers become a lot less intimidating. FA's are made to be played with 25 people.
Okay so those Fellowships who are not at 25 with experienced players should just sit it out. 20 provinces are not a realistic goal for lower level players and a waste of troops or more likely goods, just to make badges, in my opinion. So for most Fellowships this has become a grind along with a waste enchantments, time boosts and relics or combining catalyst to craft items they don't need. All of which would be better used in city building. I get the picture now. I take my smaller Fellowship on a trip down one path for each Stage and still I wonder about the wisdom of doing it at all. My purpose in replying was to voice a concern about how well the Fellowship Adventure plays for the vast majority of Fellowships. Those who set out for the top 10 are in a different league and that is all good for them, been there done that before the changes and it was fun. A little planning should be expected but, in my opinion again, to have to be integrating the FA matters into daily play for all the weeks in between is more than I want to do. So again, I get it, most of us can just sit it out.

Last edited:

SunsetDanar

Don't force yourself to make stuff you do not want, especially if you just wanna have fun and ranking is not your main goal.
If you can't make it, then someone else will, 6 hours later there is another opportunity.

with 25 players you can do about 5 pits per 6 hours.
this player might be able to make 1 of the recipes and combine it next cyle, someone elkse might have enough goods to make 2.
And elke it are maybe 2-3 pits per 6 hours instead of 5.

It's good practise to no fret about everything, there is always something to fret about.
In the old system we also have people complaining they had a lot of "leftover" badges they could not use.

play within your limits.

Once again agree...well...sort of on the first two stages but, and I understand your reference focus, having prepared for it from the beginning, Some will burn down instants throughout to get the necessary residue, even to the point you make of not taking what you don't want (could be useful at some point) in order to help the FS advance. Isn't the concept to place as high as you have combined ability to do so? Also your 5 pits per 6 hrs is baseless because you have no idea what each fellowship is capable of producing within the time period allowed so, again, you have no idea what those FS are capable of producing. So now we are in the pit on day 4, having completed each of the first three. "I'm givein' her all she's got, Captain...What are your orders?

Iyapo1

So...do you wait to open the mystical object? Will the prize(s) just wait for you while you amass the vapors for another one? I'm always looking for ways to test my self control, lol. Not opening a mystical object(s) for a week sounds like a nice challenge.

This is my first attempt. So far I have been able to resist.

I first read about stacking it here but I think @SoggyShorts has also dropped info.
So you stopped hoarding mystery chests, is that right? I am still sitting on probably 100+ of those, even though there is no (obvious) reason to do that now. Well, except timing KP inflows perhaps.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
View attachment 9396
This is from someone in my fellowship...anyway you slice this, the value of a single residue badge far exceeds its worth in the FA unless you're going for a top spot...
To make one badge, they need four recipes and what, 12 hours of time instants? (I can't see that small, but I think it's around that much.) That's insane! And the only one they could do at once requires 3 blueprints! (Btw, I've had that 3 blueprint one pop up every freaking day during this FA ... which never comes up that much normally. Sometimes you think it's their evil plan, lol, to drive us nuts.)

Darielle

Thats fine ain't it?

• Left route: 83 badges
  • Middle route: 39 badges
  • Right route: 56 badges
  • All routes: 178 badges
So for the left route each player needs to do 3 badges in 1 week. this is not a problem for anyone
For the middle route it's 1.5 badge each
For the right route 2 badges each

And for all routes 1 badge per day per player.
You can always craft something each day that will result in an arcane residue or more.

So even in relax mode, just crafting things you like each fellowship should be able to have arcane residue badges for the vortex as long as everyone plays along and makes 1 badge or more per day.
No crazy crafting needed.
1 combat building is a badge, 1 petfood and something else is a badge, and some really decent timeboosters are a badge or a timebooster and something. plenty of badge opportunities and if you want to make a badge there are plenty of other recipes left that grant a badge if you so desire.

So only if you want to go all out on the vortex and really battle for the best at absolute top will you need to actually push those badges.
Why is it such a drama, that you need to make these badges for that goal?

It's totally fine to destroy entire cities into oblivion for those places, creating completely destroyed towns to dominate the top of the FA, but making a badge that keeps a player with a playable but to the FA modified town competitive is the worst thing in the world.

please explain how this:

is better than making arcane residue if you really desire to battle for the top spots.

And if you just want to enjoy the FA and complete it all, making 1 badge a day isn't the worst thing in the world.
Hell I have ignored FA for as long as I could and I make more than 1 badge per day, no FA needed.

I wonder how people can blow this up this badly. it's most likely for the same reason as in the beginning people went mad because the FA was impossible to get those massive numbers required. but when it's divided over many it's actually not much at all.
If you look rational at the numbers required this whole topic makes no sense

@AtaguS this rant was not specifically pointed to you.
There is no possible way on earth that we would be in the top spot if we each made one arcane per day. The pit takes far more arcanes than the 3 maps do. Each person needs over 7 arcanes total just for the maps (that's assuming you have 25 members, and each of them does precisely 7.14 badges ... which is ridiculous. A few players won't do any because they don't play the spire and don't have the resources; some will do one or two, and maybe 10 members will be doing the lions share of arcanes.)

After you get through those 178, you're going to need 5 per 300-point round. So if you want to stay viable in the top spot, you'll need a minimum of 350-400 arcanes in the pit; possibly more. We've used a good 350 already. ... yes, just in the pit. Not counting the ones on the maps. And again, maybe 10 players have done the lions share while the others maybe drop one or two.

So no, it's anything but "relax mode." I guess people who don't care to vie for the top spots don't think about just how much it takes. And AtaguS team member's screen shows just how many time instants, how many ccs, how many spell frags, etc, the players are losing on arcanes. We're destroying our stashes, and I think that's Inno's plan. Sheesh, you'd think if they found such a good way to destroy stashes, they'd do it for scrolls, not ccs. But noooo.

Inno has been targeting their better, or at least longer-playing, players for the past year. They made it harder on end game players in the tourney (I'm not one; I'm just observant). It seems like they are trying to push the ones who have been here the longest away in favor of newer players. Their demographics say that most players who will purchase do so within the first 6 months. So is that what they want? Players who only stay 6 months and then get out? Sometimes it seems like it.

Darielle

It's not solved when they start an FA on a Thursday and you need those tiaras on Saturday night, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday morning. You may say "stock up," but I DID stock up last week. My tourney score was over 7500. I stocked up on witch hats and tiaras like crazy. By Sunday night, all my witch hats and tiaras were gone and I was having to use time instants to make them. More and more and more time instants. And I wasn't the only one. Everyone was in the same boat. Yes, we went through pit rounds that quickly from the time we got in the pit on Saturday.

Darielle

No badge sucks resources out of your city, like Arcanes, it's a multi resource badge and those resources are more of a luxury than resources needed for other badges. If INNO wants to drain our city of resources they need to offer better prizes. If they don't want to offer better prizes then they should come up with another badge that is a little friendlier on resources.
What Dew said!

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
So...do you wait to open the mystical object?
This is my first attempt. So far I have been able to resist.
I first read about stacking it here but I think @SoggyShorts has also dropped info.
The idea is in case inno craps the bed and releases another event where they put currency in the mystical object. With a good enough prize and enough of a stash, you could get 4 or 5 [phoenix2.0] or whatever.

I had actually forgotten about this and since I'm not spending diamonds on expansions anymore I think I'll start stacking too.

Of course it's not beyond inno to remove diamonds from the mystical object and replace them with crap so there's certainly a risk.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
Okay so those Fellowships who are not at 25 with experienced players should just sit it out or grind along wasting enchantments that would be better used in city building. I get it now.

you dont need to be experienced but being open to option.

But just like a raid on a MMORPG designed for 25 people it becomes a lot harder to impossible if you do it with less or even alone.
Okay so those Fellowships who are not at 25 with experienced players should just sit it out. 20 provinces are not a realistic goal for lower level players and a waste of troops or more likely goods, just to make badges, in my opinion. So for most Fellowships this has become a grind along with a waste enchantments, time boosts and relics or combining catalyst to craft items they don't need. All of which would be better used in city building. I get the picture now. I take my smaller Fellowship on a trip down one path for each Stage and still I wonder about the wisdom of doing it at all. My purpose in replying was to voice a concern about how well the Fellowship Adventure plays for the vast majority of Fellowships. Those who set out for the top 10 are in a different league and that is all good for them, been there done that before the changes and it was fun. A little planning should be expected but, in my opinion again, to have to be integrating the FA matters into daily play for all the weeks in between is more than I want to do. So again, I get it, most of us can just sit it out.

No but just like the tournaments without 25 players you impose a handicap on yourself.
it's intended to be played by 25 people, and therefore designed for 25 people.
It's like an MMORPG where a special boss is designed to be defeated with 15 people, it might be possible but very hard with 10, but they will not make it easier just because decide to show up with 3 or 5 or 10 people.

So...do you wait to open the mystical object? Will the prize(s) just wait for you while you amass the vapors for another one? I'm always looking for ways to test my self control, lol. Not opening a mystical object(s) for a week sounds like a nice challenge.

1615985057543.png

Yup it works just fine :D

There is no possible way on earth that we would be in the top spot if we each made one arcane per day. The pit takes far more arcanes than the 3 maps do. Each person needs over 7 arcanes total just for the maps (that's assuming you have 25 members, and each of them does precisely 7.14 badges ... which is ridiculous. A few players won't do any because they don't play the spire and don't have the resources; some will do one or two, and maybe 10 members will be doing the lions share of arcanes.)

There is your problem, you want to be at the top and not pay the prize.
Make a choice, either pay or ignore the top.
You can't have your cake and eat it too.

It's not solved when they start an FA on a Thursday and you need those tiaras on Saturday night, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday morning. You may say "stock up," but I DID stock up last week. My tourney score was over 7500. I stocked up on witch hats and tiaras like crazy. By Sunday night, all my witch hats and tiaras were gone and I was having to use time instants to make them. More and more and more time instants. And I wasn't the only one. Everyone was in the same boat. Yes, we went through pit rounds that quickly from the time we got in the pit on Saturday.

There is a tournament every week, nobody tells you to collect all those spells in 1 week.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One

There is no problem with the badge if you play casual and just enjoy the FA without battling for the top spots.
If you do some normal crafting of normal buildings with 25 people, no need to exert yourself you get enough badges to complete all 3 maps fully.

And if you want to compete for those top spots, you pay the price.

I could make the same argument about tournaments.
1600 points is needed for 10 chests. it takes no effort to get 1600 points as long as you have unlocked enough provinces.
But when you want to be on at the top spots you pay a price.

Each week 2 weeks I spend 8 combat buildings, each week I spend multiple pet food, hundreds of hours of timeboosters and millions of goods to to be at those places.
Should I complain how the tournament sucks out every last bit out of my city because I want to be at those top places?
Or should I accept that those places come at a price?

Which of the 2 makes more sense to you?
@Darielle the same question to you which makes more sense?

Last edited: