• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Artifact Fragments

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Artifact Fragments

I believe there is an unhappy defect in the current system of evolving buildings.
  • At present one can easily make six or seven of the artifacts required to evolve an event grand prize building; another two are usually offered in an FA following immediately after the event, so most players can evolve to level 9 or 10.
    This is not ideal, because it ties us into having more FA's per year than the four that many players would be comfortable with - and it offers artifacts as prizes in FA's which many players don't want because they are not going to place the building.
    This makes the FA less popular to many people who want special prizes that they can use
    :)

• Having artifacts as prizes in the Spire of Eternity also prevents the designers from offering other prizes that everyone would want.

• We all have dozens of artifacts cluttering our inventory, keeping them just in case the designers find some future use for them - like a conversion option to another kind of artifact - or perhaps even an 'universal artifact' one day.
    The designers are not keen to introduce Universal Artifacts because that makes fully-evolved prize buildings too 'cheap' - and that would upset the players who used real money to evolve theirs...

• At present, the designers offer as crafting recipes the rare, powerful vintage buildings from previous events, like the Phoenixes and the Bears.
    This allows newcomers to the game to collect these powerful buildings - but at present there is no easy way for them to evolve them fully.

Here is my suggestion - 'Artifact Fragments'

160294361_10218807498039152_2919091987264557482_n.jpg

I am hoping they will consider 'Artifact Fragments' in future - little things similar to Rune Shard Fragments, that once could collect in many places like tourny, Spire, FA and events, and perhaps birthday give-aways and log-in bonuses - and when you have enough, you could forge an Universal Artifact for any evolving building you chose.

I think 'Artifact Fragments' would really work well! You could also break up unwanted Artifacts in your store to declutter, and make them into fragments.

I do hope the designers consider my idea! They do not want Artifacts to be common or cheap - this way they could control how many fragments would make one artifact, preserving rarity value - and everyone would be happy. We would also not need as many FA's - because we would now have another source of Artifacts to complete our event buildings. And even if it took months to collect enough - as many as one or two hundred - everyone would eventually be able to fully evolve all their special buildings!!

Giving fragments in the Bonus Tournament Chests would make them more attractive - at present they only give1 Knowledge Point and 1 RR Spell - which makes them pretty ordinary. Giving a few fragments would make the bonus chest so much more attractive!
The same applies to Fellowship Adventures which are far from universally popular, with many players hating them. Give one fragment for every waypoint that a fellowship completes would do a lot, I believe, to make FA's more popular. And if we had fewer FA's because of the new system, the designers could bring back the crafting challenges with fragments as prizes, or some new more powerful mini-event between the big ones, alternating with FA's.

Artifact fragments would make Evolving Buildings a more popular option too - many players like myself seldom place these - which is a pity, given all the work the designers put into creating these!

I do hope this idea will be passed on to the designers for consideration!!
:):)

Last edited:

Mercie

This is an excellent suggestion. Would motivate more participants in tournament, FA and spire and numerous other events. 100%, this is by far the most exciting new proposal I have read .....thanks Jack!

DeletedUser27062

Yes! I've only been playing since Sept 2020 and already I have 8 'spare' artifacts in my inventory.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@Jackluyt
About a year ago the mods developed a formal path for getting ideas/suggestions from the US forum to the devs. The mods are the only ones who can start an official poll in this section of the forum now. The devs had specific and detailed requirements that must be met before the mods are allowed to send an idea to them and those are detailed in the:
Ideas and Suggestions Forum Guide
The section on Polls has more details like how long a poll lasts, etc but here's a partial quote:

"Once the discussion comes to an end, please reach out to a Moderator or tag them within the thread to open a poll in order to have the idea processed.
POLL
The US Elvenar Team is reading your ideas and suggestions on a regular basis and is forwarding the ones with the most potential to be taken into consideration. To make sure it is a community decision, the following process will be followed:

• The Moderator will open a poll in this section. He/She will also make sure that in the opening post, there is a short description of the Idea (as well as in the Thread Title) and all detailed information is included in the rest of the in-depth description in that opening post."
This path is one-way. If the mods hear back from the devs, they will let us know but that has been infrequent and usually of the 'this isn't what you wanted to hear, but...' flavor. Also, the devs will only see the initial post of the thread and the official poll. They won't look at any of the discussion.
It's not what we'd like, but it's more than we had and we try to be grateful that there is a path at all now. Before this, all we were doing was talking among ourselves; now at least there's the potential for someone with the ability to implement an idea to actually read it.

Yogi Dave

Great idea.

I think a good addition would be Soggy's concept of having artifact frags in the FA. I think 1 per spot cleared would be a good way to go instead of requiring a full clear to get them.

One error I see in your post is the bonus tourney chests give 1 10kp instant, not 1 kp.

To elaborate a bit on @samidodamage's post:
As the OP, you are allowed and encouraged to update your concept to include or remove things from it until a poll is started. After the poll is placed, no more changes are allowed. The job for the rest of us is to help you tweak the idea. Of course, you need to defend the idea and not let it grow too wide. In the end, it's your post that is voted on, and hopefully passed on.

In the past it has been @Xelenia that we asked, but since she hasn't posted anything since Dec. 24, 2020, I'd suggest asking @helya.

BQwer

100 artifacts = 1 artifact for ANY building
1 fragment per spire gaurd/boss encounter
1 fragment per tourney chests (none in bonus)
=4.545454 weeks to get 1
1 fragment per spot on the FA =2 artifacts
avalible for crafting in the same amounts and likelihood as broken shards
1 artifact disenchants to 10 fragments

i think that this format would be best

Yogi Dave

An important part of this is that it needs to take 100 Artifact Fragments per Artifact. This is key to allowing smaller rewards.
There are 25 spots per stage. As I stated it above that would only give 75 per FA. To get the 200 you mentioned would require something more. 2 per spot and 3 for the tricolors for 168. It just seems making them dependent on getting a full stage will encourage more FS participation, but it could also put more pressure on members so they don't end up with 1 spot too few.