• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

New Spire of Eternity rewards - discussion thread

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Is there a chance, I could receive 2 gates?
No, but you can make 2 full sets using 1 gate
waypoint.png

Or even 5 if you had enough other pieces

Patchella

This is super interesting. Has anyone set up the 2 in one gate config and used it to see what it produces? Does it produce CC x 2, or x 1 only?

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
In one city, I've got 4 libraries using only 1 gate and only 2 endless scrolls between them. As long as you have enough of the other unique bldgs (each library needs one each of the gate, mana plant, gum tree, and endless scrolls touching at least one square of the library), each unique bldg gives that library a link bonus, so with 4 bldgs/library I get one CC per bldg for a total of 4 CC's.

SoggyShorts

This is super interesting. Has anyone set up the 2 in one gate config and used it to see what it produces? Does it produce CC x 2, or x 1 only?
Yup, like @samido said it works just fine, you get the full production from each building. I only ever managed to win 1 endless scroll and yet have 4 libraries touching it to get full CCs.

Bonus points: I could make another entire 4-plex and after collecting from the first set I could pick up and move my endless scroll to set#2 and collect 4 more CCs there. In this manner you could have 50 Library sets each missing a gate and just move your gate from one to the next collecting CCs.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
Yup, like @samido said it works just fine, you get the full production from each building. I only ever managed to win 1 endless scroll and yet have 4 libraries touching it to get full CCs.

Bonus points: I could make another entire 4-plex and after collecting from the first set I could pick up and move my endless scroll to set#2 and collect 4 more CCs there. In this manner you could have 50 Library sets each missing a gate and just move your gate from one to the next collecting CCs.

Thats pretty much how I can pull 12 broken fragmens per day out of my harvest set :)
keep rearranging the buildings so the next harvest has also has the fragment.

Havent used it in a long time, but thats how I speedbuilded timewarp and sapiens for example without owning the runes for it.

Patchella

As long as you have enough of the other unique bldgs (each library needs one each of the gate, mana plant, gum tree, and endless scrolls touching at least one square of the library), each unique bldg gives that library a link bonus, so with 4 bldgs/library I get one CC per bldg for a total of 4 CC's.
Great! Thanks.. I’ve set up two on one gate now. Great info. Thank you.

That’s awesome @SoggyShorts, what a hyper-vigilant way to work it! :cool:

mikeledo

I have a complete moonstone library set or two in storage as well as 9 Phoenix artifacts in all 3 of my cities. I take it I can't get any more in crafting because I haven't gotten any so far. I would have liked the extra artifacts, but I don't want to lay down an evolve building at this time because I do not have the option to place it back in storage and we do have 3 more chapters coming up.

Sprite1313

Perhaps not the right thread, but has anyone actually posted a recommendation for a new building to replace the moonstone? One that gives CCs, but doesn't throw the trades off-kilter? I didn't see anything in a quick search. I know it has been discussed as part of a couple of conversations, but an actual game improvement recommendation?

I love the idea of the moonstone for the mana and CCs, but (as we have all discussed a lot) not for the scrolls, dust, bismuth (okay, I confess that I love that the scrolls meant I could trash a scrolls manu in my scrolls-boosted city, but I would gladly build another manu if it meant helping fix the problem).

SoggyShorts

has anyone actually posted a recommendation for a new building to replace the moonstone?
Not that I've seen. At least nothing specific.
Lacking any artwork or storyline my personal criteria would be something like
♦Set building
♦Limited like the chess set, (at least for the CC piece) but also based on moonstone, so if you have more than 1 moonstone set you can't get the new set at all :p
♦Boost+X if it gives goods

DeletedUser27062

Not that I've seen. At least nothing specific.
Lacking any artwork or storyline my personal criteria would be something like
♦Set building
♦Limited like the chess set, (at least for the CC piece) but also based on moonstone, so if you have more than 1 moonstone set you can't get the new set at all :p
♦Boost+X if it gives goods

Instead of a whole new set they could just create a little add-on building called a scroll trader that converts your moonstone scrolls output to your boosted+1 goods instead.

Sprite1313

Instead of a whole new set they could just create a little add-on building called a scroll trader that converts your moonstone scrolls output to your boosted+1 goods instead.
But that doesn't address the issue of fewer CCs.

I went ahead and started a suggestion thread for this. :)

DeletedUser27062

Yuppers; those are a help, and it would be nice to have additional buildings that give them.
Yes, they're a great help but you know there are lots of buildings that aren't available to new players now like the evolving bears etc which clearly offer an advantage. Inno doesn't seem to be overly concerned about ensuring new players have access to advantageous buildings imo.

SoggyShorts

As long as you have the relics to make the CCs, you don't need extra buildings. A max-level MA makes 4 CCs every 24 hours. A full moonstone set gives you 1.
A couple of issues with that:
1. That means you can't make MM spells if your MA is on CCs 24/7
2. I spend way more CCs crafting than an MA + 1 moonstone + goldspire provide.

All of my cities are Gold Spire, and the ones with 4 libraries have 29 and 41 CCs and cook 1 MM per day. The city with 2 libraries (beta) has 3 CCs and I use several timers on the MA per week on top of 24/7 CC production.