• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

NKA Out of Hibernation - Safe Spot For All

DeletedUser26654

If an Anti-FS FS sounds good to you, just hit the big JOIN button on the NKA FS page! :)
This is a new FS, with a party of one plus a useless placeholder. after trying out way too many fellowships and still not satisfied. The final straw was giving notice to the FS I was with until so very recently, after being involved in both spire and the tourney and I got the boot, unable to collect any team rewards.
Perhaps THIS is why people just quit.

A few rules to limit the craziness:

* DO have a good, even warped sense of humor (Monty Python, Mel Brooks!) and a functional, well-oiled brain that understands satire and sarcasm.
* Communicate. It is key in a game like this.
* Be INVOLVED. Play. Chat. Laugh. Bitch. Moan. Eat cookies. BE Political. BE anti-religious. BE intelligent!

This is an everyday fellowship, not casual play. Well, I'm here every day... Participation in the tourneys, FAs, Spire, Neighborly Help and other events is required by EVERY member, but no minimum goals have yet been set. I'm back to video editing so will be on fewer hours.

Spam Spam Spam 2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

just sayin

If an Anti-FS FS sounds good to you, just hit the big JOIN button on the NKA FS page! :)
This is a new FS, with a party of one plus a useless placeholder. after trying out way too many fellowships and still not satisfied. The final straw was giving notice to the FS I was with until so very recently, after being involved in both spire and the tourney and I got the boot, unable to collect any team rewards.
Perhaps THIS is why people just quit. They get punished. Thanks, Jaxxxxda for NOTHING. You're ranked even lower than 200. Not how to get a leg up.

A few rules to limit the craziness:

* Don't be annoying and DON'T be one that gets easily butthurt. Won't work here.
* DO have a good, even warped sense of humor (Monty Python, Mel Brooks!) and a functional, well-oiled brain that understands satire and sarcasm.
* Communicate. It is key in a game like this.
* Be INVOLVED. Play. Chat. Laugh. Bitch. Moan. Eat cookies. BE Political. BE anti-religious. BE intelligent!

This is an everyday fellowship, not casual play. Well, I'm here every day... Participation in the tourneys, FAs, Spire, Neighborly Help and other events is required by EVERY member, but no minimum goals have yet been set. I'm back to video editing so will be on fewer hours.
I will help you if you're new to get you off to a very good start.
Check it out - if you want a FS so you can be part of a group, yet do what you'd like (well, there will be a FEW rules), this is a good place to start!
View attachment 9234
i dont believe in fairytales does that count? how ever im a new city going to be in chapter 2 if i can ever get the res to do it! IF y'all could help thats a plus if not well who cares im in chapter 1. i am a daily player on multiple times a day im not new but this city is. this is city number 11 for me even have one in beta(gasp)my biggest city is in this world too along with 3 others yes i have multiple accounts only because they let me!!! ill check in 2m cause im on a timer since i bounced outta an fs moments ago so ill see you 2m it will be a suprise im sure!!!!!

DeletedUser26654

i dont believe in fairytales does that count? how ever im a new city going to be in chapter 2 if i can ever get the res to do it! IF y'all could help thats a plus if not well who cares im in chapter 1. i am a daily player on multiple times a day im not new but this city is. this is city number 11 for me even have one in beta(gasp)my biggest city is in this world too along with 3 others yes i have multiple accounts only because they let me!!! ill check in 2m cause im on a timer since i bounced outta an fs moments ago so ill see you 2m it will be a suprise im sure!!!!!
Come on over! I'll do what I can to help and at this point, there are zero rules to follow. Just gimme a shout to say hello!

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Sadly the chances of both NOT being annoying AND being able to talk about some subjects is practically nil for the general population. Most people just want to have some fun and relaxation and engaging them in a complex philosophical debate/discussion usually ends up with them slamming the door in your face out of annoyance that their sense of the matter should be enough to convince you your sense of the matter is wrong, just plain wrong!

In most cases, the reason is they made their commitment to the side they've taken a long, long time ago, and are too embarrassed to admit that maybe they made a mistake. After all, they've been the gladiator defending the "faith" (in whatever it is they believe) and have never actually run into a better defender of the opposite point of view exactly because, once they have chosen, the hunker down and avoid real debate/discussion of the subject at hand. "My mind is made up and no further discussion of the matter is necessary." Happens all the time and sadly, they lose exactly because they just carry on with bad information and then wonder why their lives aren't going as well as they wish.

So yeah, have a nice, open discussion chat, but be prepared to see a lot of members run away the moment somebody says something they sense isn't true but they just can't be bothered to say why they sense the opposite --- that which they believe is true -- is actually true. A good debater slays those few pithy remarks, paltry reasons, memes and mantras, easily and after that the one offering such drivel has to turn to an appeal to "everybody knows" or some authority (The Gods have Declared!).

Then, if you believe masses can and have been duped, or the gods aren't perfect in their declarations, you are the one who is a "jerk," and it's adios to you. "I'm not talking to you anymore because you have caused me to feel bad, bad, bad, annoyed, annoyed, and annoyed, as I've struggled to actually NOT answer your reasoning and evidence because I don't have the depth necessary to do so -- and it's all your fault! Especially when you insist I do so and continue to go even deeper into the subject, dragging me into it against my will! Shame on you for actually discussing the subject at hand, sticking to that subject, and insisting I do the same! Shame on you for responding with an answer that makes me feel so annoyed. It's all your fault, you know!"

Let's face it, people are generally intellectually dishonest in that they think they should be able to make public their sentiments and then not be challenged to defend them, intellectually lazy in that when challenged they just keep trying to use the same weak arguments without giving one ounce of real thought to the matter, and mean spirited to anyone who doesn't agree with them post haste. Mean spirited enough to cut all contact with the person and blame them for their discomfort. If your opponent has avoided attacking you but stuck to the subject at hand, your annoyance is probably due to your own dishonest, shallow and selfish behaviors. Punishing the messenger for the message isn't the answer.

Feel whatever you feel, but act with respect to others and that means listening first, answering honestly, thinking deeply when necessary, and shutting up if you discover you are in over your head.

So good luck with this "anti-FS." In my opinion, if it ever gets off the ground, it will be a hot place to be, and turnover might be a big problem. But I'd join it if I didn't have a fellowship of my own to run.

AJ

PS. I did try, in another game, the same thing. We had rules of discussion and they were strictly enforced. It worked okay for the two months or so we had it, but membership was very, very small. People really do want to isolate themselves from the hard work of finding out what's really true and what's not. And they get annoyed so easily!

DeletedUser26654

LOL, are you actually telling me how - in way too many words, how to run this one-person operation that others of similar-like minds are free to join? I don't give a crap about what anyone thinks and if it stays a one-person crew, then, so be it. I ran an alliance for almost 6 years over at GoTA. I think I have the right to do as I choose.
That was a lot of yakky yak from someone just itching to give their opinion with zero intention of joining up, lol. Have a nice day....

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
No, I'm just telling you what to expect, based upon my experience. Nothing says "how," though, of course it may imply it. And as for "way too many words?" which ones would you cut without cutting the thought being expressed?

And as for not giving a "crap about what anyone thinks," why respond then? One of the things about great discussion is that you DO care about what others think and want, in some way, to change it.

And as for a lot of yak without joining, well, just trying to suggest problems you may encounter, from my own experience so you are better prepared for what might lie ahead. Call it a courtesy. One doesn't have to join the Girls Scouts to buy their cookies, right?

AJ

DeletedUser26654

Again, this is not my only city and, after a year, I think I have a few ideas on which path I wish to take. But thanks for your concern.