• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

New Craftable Set Building(s)

New Craftable Set Building(s)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gladiola

If a craftable set building gives CCs, it logically should require a whole bunch of CCs to craft, which a small, new player such as me would neither have access to nor be able to make (if it were that easy to make CCs, which require relics as well as MA time, then new players would not need to craft buildings to give them CCs).

This building would benefit players over time and be accessible mostly by larger, more established players. That doesn't mean it shouldn't happen, just that it doesn't do much for newer players who need CCs.

I'm looking forward to getting into chapter 3 and being able to do the spire to at least make a start on getting CCs.

Sprite1313

If a craftable set building gives CCs, it logically should require a whole bunch of CCs to craft, which a small, new player such as me would neither have access to nor be able to make (if it were that easy to make CCs, which require relics as well as MA time, then new players would not need to craft buildings to give them CCs).

This building would benefit players over time and be accessible mostly by larger, more established players. That doesn't mean it shouldn't happen, just that it doesn't do much for newer players who need CCs.

I'm looking forward to getting into chapter 3 and being able to do the spire to at least make a start on getting CCs.
Unless it starts in an event. Then even a player in chapter one has a chance to win one. After that, it moves into the MA. It probably would cost a lot of CCs to craft, but the return on investment over time would be significant, and probably well worth it.

Gladiola

Unless it starts in an event.

Agreed. An event building that did this would be super cool for a newer player. It should be a prize like the base evolving building and not one that could be won in dailies though, or they would start making recipes that required 100 CCs because inflation.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@Chriger Why the "no" vote?

Simply saying "no" isn't terribly helpful feedback- whatever the objection is could be incorporated into the idea, but if the kitchen doesn't know why you sent back the food it's kinda impossible to make it right.. ;)

jesikrey

Come up with a new one, perhaps something similar to the library just not that many scrolls lol

As long as it leaves the moonstone library set alone. I understand why the complaints but there are many of us who love our libraries sets and how much we get out of it.

Yogi Dave

Simply saying "no" isn't terribly helpful feedback- whatever the objection is could be incorporated into the idea, but if the kitchen doesn't know why you sent back the food it's kinda impossible to make it right.. ;)
I don't see a post by Chriger in this thread. Since once the poll starts no changes are allowed to the post that will go to the devs, the objection can't be incorporated in the idea. Giving a reason would allow people to make a different choice or present a reason for a new idea.

Sprite1313

Come up with a new one, perhaps something similar to the library just not that many scrolls lol

As long as it leaves the moonstone library set alone. I understand why the complaints but there are many of us who love our libraries sets and how much we get out of it.

How is this messing with the library set? This is a new building set. We are down to no more than one moonstone set for any new players, so this is a new set that would give a player a second building that gives CCs (and more than the library gives). The final edited idea didn’t say anything about killing the moonstone set.

SoggyShorts

Since once the poll starts no changes are allowed to the post that will go to the devs, the objection can't be incorporated in the idea.
It's not like that's a legally binding contract. :p
I'm sure if someone discovered a new absolutely game-changing aspect of the idea that hasn't been considered an exception could be made.
Also, they may have just misunderstood so if they voiced their objection a clarification (either here below, or in the OP) could change how they vote.

For example, @jesikrey's objection is clearly due to a misunderstanding.
They said
Which is exactly what this proposal is, so a yes vote makes much more sense than a no.
Then they added
As long as it leaves the moonstone library set alone. I understand why the complaints but there are many of us who love our libraries sets and how much we get out of it
Which again is exactly what this idea does, it doesn't mess with @jesikrey's existing moonstone set in any way whatsoever, so a no vote doesn't make sense.

Edit: and now, presumably after reading sprites or my clarification the vote has been changed. ;)

Last edited:

Yogi Dave

t's not like that's a legally binding contract. :p

From the Ideas and Suggestion Forum Guide:
  • However: No alterations can be made any more to the idea as it's stated in the opening post, so please refrain from coming up with new ideas at this stage.
No, it isn't legally binding, but it is against the rules.

SoggyShorts

From the Ideas and Suggestion Forum Guide:
  • However: No alterations can be made any more to the idea as it's stated in the opening post, so please refrain from coming up with new ideas at this stage.
No, it isn't legally binding, but it is against the rules.
Nah. I mean think about why that rule exists. You can't have people vote yes to an idea and then change it, that would be dishonest.
But a clarification incorporated into the OP that doesn't actually change the suggestion doesn't hurt. +

Our forum mod here is a pretty clever person who can think logically rather than be hand-tied by the letter of the rules (which are invented, maintained, and enforced by... forums mods)

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I like the idea as edited. I think it should start off as an event set, though, kind of like the air traders but better. The new players would benefit more if it started as an event set.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Our forum mod here is a pretty clever person
Even if you're referring to Xelenia, I'm pretending this is directed at me.

Comments about the suggestion you are voting on are actually quite helpful, especially if someone is in the minority, it is always good to hear another point of view and it can be added to the cons list when the idea moves on to the developers. Also, if it seems like we need to adjust the suggestion and have a new vote, so be it.

Chriger

Most of the support for it seemed along the lines of "easier is better" to get CCs, and/or giving more goods as a workaround for balancing the Spire set. Not that it adds any value to the game.

The original post we're voting on, is a bit vague (i.e. is it an event prize, or immediately craftable). AFAIK, CCs and scroll fragments have typically been tied to Spire or MA. Having event prizes give CCs, seems like a pretty big design change. Making it easier to get CCs in the Spire would seem to make more sense, if that's what you want.

If it's craftable, what would it cost to craft? Either a lot and the people who need it, won't actually be able to craft it. Or it won't cost much and everyone will craft it.

If everyone crafts the set, 3 CC a day seems like a pretty sizable increase (i.e. compared to max 4 per day from MA, or what you can get weekly from Spire). Then 6 months from now we might have people complaining that there's too many CCs and not enough to use them for.

Part of why people want more CCs, seems to be tied to Arcane Residue badges being hard to get in FAs. If this makes that easier, will some other badge be limiting and we want design changes to get more of that badge?

SoggyShorts

If everyone crafts the set, 3 CC a day seems like a pretty sizable increase
Indeed, the entire premise of the suggestion is based on new players not having access to multiple moonstone sets compared to other players.
Much like the Fire Phoenix being so powerful that the game is basically balanced around the assumption that you have one (and therefore they are introducing multiple ways of getting one)

Basically giving players a different, non-scrolls-flooding option for CC production appears to be the goal (along with a balancing of players' general CC producing capacity)

If you believe that CCs should be harder to get, I actually agree with you, but I think that ship has sailed- at least for a very significant portion of the player base and the current have-vs have-nots situation is worse than giving everyone equal access to some more.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The first post does not say if this set will be limited to a single set, like the chess set or how the moonstone set is now, or if it will be unlimited and make another mess, so I can't vote either way until that is clarified.

Sprite1313

The first post does not say if this set will be limited to a single set, like the chess set or how the moonstone set is now, or if it will be unlimited and make another mess, so I can't vote either way until that is clarified.

I’m thinking that if it starts as an event building, it would be difficult to limit the number that players could get, unless Inno chose to limit players to one iteration of each building. I do think this is probably the best way to start the building, since it would benefit new players most. Those are the players who are most impacted by the change in moonstone in the spire. Once it moves to the MA, I would think it would be limited just like the other non-expiring buildings.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I’m thinking that if it starts as an event building, it would be difficult to limit the number that players could get, unless Inno chose to limit players to one iteration of each building. I do think this is probably the best way to start the building, since it would benefit new players most. Those are the players who are most impacted by the change in moonstone in the spire. Once it moves to the MA, I would think it would be limited just like the other non-expiring buildings.

No, it will benefit the players willing to spend money on the event currency to get as many copies as they can. Unless the set pieces show up in the milestone rewards only, meaning only one set per person, people you don't want getting multiples, will get multiples, and the market will get flooded with whatever extra goods it gives.