• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Lava egg...any updates?

ElfGunn

Has anyone heard anything about whether the lava egg will be offered again as a daily prize in the event?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
They normally do not have an old building show up more than once during an event. Only brand-new buildings show up twice, and the Lava Egg is a repeat from last year.

ElfGunn

They normally do not have an old building show up more than once during an event. Only brand-new buildings show up twice, and the Lava Egg is a repeat from last year.

Old building, good to know. I may as well spend the currency I've been hoarding.

aphoney1

it's called bait and switch.
they intentionally removed the lava egg in order to rip us off. this is how the devs operate. everyone i know of is miffed about it and the devs couldnt care less. this is why people are leaving the game in droves and also why i would never ever spend another penny on this game until they stop trying to slight the users. i used to spend a decent amount but not ever again. Happy gaming :)

Last edited:

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
it's called bait and switch.
they intentionally removed the lava egg in order to rip us off. this is how the devs operate. everyone i know of is miffed about it and the devs couldnt care less. this is why people are leaving the game in droves and also why i would never ever spend another penny on this game until they stop trying to slight the users. i used to spend a decent amount but not ever again. Happy gaming :)
How did you get ripped off?

They always state clearly that live and beta can differ and that live is always correct.
Maybe they just wanted players to get a more diverse pallet of prizes instead of only 1 item.

To much focus on 1 thing only ain't always good.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
becuase the devs do read the forums and they knew people were excited about the lava egg so they thought that if they put it on day one people might spend money on diamonds for event currency.
Well i think they are more basing on in game numbers then on fora.
If it's the case to make more money, doesn't that sound like a good buisness decision?

And that doesnt make you get ripped off. you choose what to do. you can be happy with 1 or 2 lava eggs or spend a fortune for 16. you choose.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Well i think they are more basing on in game numbers then on fora.
If it's the case to make more money, doesn't that sound like a good buisness decision?

And that doesnt make you get ripped off. you choose what to do. you can be happy with 1 or 2 lava eggs or spend a fortune for 16. you choose.
A lot of people didn't even get one. They surely would have, if the egg had been on day 11 as it was supposed to be. And I do believe that is ripping them off. JMHO

OIM20

I think what it does is encourage Elvenar's forum users to find another method of communicating regarding what they find to be exciting in any upcoming event where it will be more difficult for the devs to track the conversation. Because if that is indeed why the prize was moved (which is the most likely explanation), then the devs were aware of the excitement for this particular item b/c of the discussions on their own forums. Moving the building the way they did is an impetus for those who want to continue to play the game to either:

a) not say when they like something for fear of it being taken away
-or-
b) create another website/use an existing chat platform with 'floating rooms' (links die after the live session; no log of discussions) to talk with others about what they're looking forward to.

Yes, from an economic perspective, this appears to be a good policy for Inno, good for encouraging in-game/in-app purchases, so in their minds good for the game -- but only in the short term. If you alienate your user base by doing this, it is detrimental in the long term because you lose access to conversations and feedback when users come to the same conclusion I came to, as mentioned above.

Like it? Shh - don't tell.

This, of course, then leads to forum discussions looking like ghost towns, because the devs will realize that anything being specifically avoided is probably something that was liked and they will manipulate it to boost a short-term bottom line. Which means that, when users pick up on that trend (not gonna take long), even fewer things will be discussed. Only those implementations which are truly anathema will make any appearance in a forum discussion thread. And the tone will turn bitter.

Add that all up, and not only are established players going to feel cheated and not play as often/spend money as often, but potential players or newer players will become disillusioned with the potential of the game very quickly. (Who wants to play a game where everyone who talks about it in the forum is always negative? Especially a game built on cooperation like Elvenar.) That translates to the company losing money - on this game at least - in the long term. Which, eventually, leads to the game being retired as servers cost money to maintain. Which will upset the customers even more, leading to them becoming disillusioned with Inno... You see how this becomes a big negative spiral, yes?

Now, in the event that there's a dev out there who stumbles over this and decides maybe putting the Lava Egg back in wouldn't be such a terrible idea, I would personally suggest Day 20, which according to the Daily Exclusives lists I've read is an Ancient Knowledge 10 x1. This is actually a really terrible exclusive, as the chests themselves contain better (Ancient Knowledge 10 x2) when the item is contained in a chest. So, I vote for Day 20 for a Lava Egg reinstatement, as it doesn't take away the chance of winning any of the new buildings or the chance at winning troops.

aphoney1

I think what it does is encourage Elvenar's forum users to find another method of communicating regarding what they find to be exciting in any upcoming event where it will be more difficult for the devs to track the conversation. Because if that is indeed why the prize was moved (which is the most likely explanation), then the devs were aware of the excitement for this particular item b/c of the discussions on their own forums. Moving the building the way they did is an impetus for those who want to continue to play the game to either:

-or-
b) create another website/use an existing chat platform with 'floating rooms' (links die after the live session; no log of discussions) to talk with others about what they're looking forward to.

Yes, from an economic perspective, this appears to be a good policy for Inno, good for encouraging in-game/in-app purchases, so in their minds good for the game -- but only in the short term. If you alienate your user base by doing this, it is detrimental in the long term because you lose access to conversations and feedback when users come to the same conclusion I came to, as mentioned above.

This, of course, then leads to forum discussions looking like ghost towns, because the devs will realize that anything being specifically avoided is probably something that was liked and they will manipulate it to boost a short-term bottom line. Which means that, when users pick up on that trend (not gonna take long), even fewer things will be discussed. Only those implementations which are truly anathema will make any appearance in a forum discussion thread. And the tone will turn bitter.

Add that all up, and not only are established players going to feel cheated and not play as often/spend money as often, but potential players or newer players will become disillusioned with the potential of the game very quickly. (Who wants to play a game where everyone who talks about it in the forum is always negative? Especially a game built on cooperation like Elvenar.) That translates to the company losing money - on this game at least - in the long term. Which, eventually, leads to the game being retired as servers cost money to maintain. Which will upset the customers even more, leading to them becoming disillusioned with Inno... You see how this becomes a big negative spiral, yes?

Now, in the event that there's a dev out there who stumbles over this and decides maybe putting the Lava Egg back in wouldn't be such a terrible idea, I would personally suggest Day 20, which according to the Daily Exclusives lists I've read is an Ancient Knowledge 10 x1. This is actually a really terrible exclusive, as the chests themselves contain better (Ancient Knowledge 10 x2) when the item is contained in a chest. So, I vote for Day 20 for a Lava Egg reinstatement, as it doesn't take away the chance of winning any of the new buildings or the chance at winning troops.
i agree with your post and wish I had the time to put it so eloquently. Its basically the same thing I was trying to say. Yes PLEASE give us the lava egg on any remaining day.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One

-or-

Disclaimers arent there for show:
Disclaimer: Please keep in mind that there can always be differences in event layouts, balancing and prizes between Beta and Live release App version 1.124 is required for the event to function properly. This app version is released separately from the event. In addition to that, please note that the final day of the event spans more than 24 hours, in order to not have the event end during the night (CET). That means the Daily Exclusive on March 25th is the final Daily Exclusive reward that is also available for some more hours in the morning (CET) of March 26th (CET). No new event quest is added to the quest line on March 26th, the final Quest Milestone can be unlocked on March 25th.

People love to ignore the warning sign that obviously are there.
They just asume it must be the same between live and beta, they count on it, and any deviation is evil.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

This won't happen because the Egg was not removed, so does not have to be put back somewhere else. All the devs did was rearrange the first 11 prizes. Nothing was removed completely, so they won't remove something else to make up for it.

NightshadeCS

The devs didn't even have to work so hard as to cruise the Forum. They know the Egg is a sought-after building because of the numbers. Plus, it is an old building. They know how many people from last year placed those buildings and upgraded them using RRs.

I agree that it was a bit of a dirty move to have it one way on Beta and then switch it for Live. If they had placed the Lava Egg on Day 1 in Beta, everyone would have dropped Forum messages saying, "make sure and get the Lava Egg on Day 1, everybody!" People still would have spent money to get it, and no one would have felt duped.

On the flip side, though, there are plenty of times the RNG just didn't like me and I missed out on a great building in the middle of an event purely by poor luck. There will be other buildings, and missing out on any one specific one will not kill anyone's game.