• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Optimal research for tournaments

Cronopiio

@CrazyWizard

I am sorry but chapter 17 + the comming chapter 18 raise your losses in the tournament with 50+%!!!!!!

Ok you would say then how much production of units do you get, well 16%,

Let that sink in, 16 percent... they really seem to be determined to have the tournament active playerbase being removed.

Because the comming chapter, they give year nearly 25% extra losses, and the dropped the extra production rate over half compared to the current chapter, from a little over 11% to 5%!!!, so comming chapter your losses increase 5 times as much as your production rate.

It's very simply your city is on it's peak in chapter 15, after that it crashes into a deep canyon. half the game is no longer accesible to you on a competitive scale. there is nothing more to gain except for ranking points, after chapter 16 the game is kinda dead now.

Why do they hate advanced players so much, I mean this can only be pure hatred. it makes absolutely no sense otherwise if anyone who creates the balance and has half a working braincell he/she would notice this ain't right.

Hello to all the tournaments and statistics experts

What is better for tournaments? Staying at level 15, after researching frogs or researching all other technologies and continuing to the first research in chapter 16? What would be the most optimal option?

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Well, it depends, lol! There's an SS upgrade tech past frogs & it could increase your training size if you have the Dwarven Bulwark. None of the other techs will improve your troop production. There is the advantage of opening Ch16 where you get event bldgs with higher reward amounts. If future event bldgs give troops, you'd get a higher number of them. If you use the Vallorian Valor and/or Orc Strategist bldgs from crafting, you'd get a higher number of troops from them. If you have evolving bldgs like Witch's Hut and Brown Bear, you'd be able to upgrade them another chapter thus getting more troops from them. If you have magic workshops, you'd be able to upgrade them a chapter increasing your supplies to help with training troops.
I don't know if the increased troops outweighs the negative effect of unlocking the other techs, though. Probably depends on how many of the above bldgs you have that you can benefit from. One of the more advanced math brains will have to weigh in on that one.

Kawhi is a Raptor

i'm stopping at frogs (only need 14 techs total since i have diamonds farmed to fill out MR/MW) and going heavy negative population w/99 expansions - honestly the only thing that would tempt me to finish 15 would be the ch 16 wkshps

i also like me some banshees and dryads and would also consider for training grounds upgrade but it's at the end of the chapter so screw that

you could try a few diff builds on elven architect for each desired chapter stoppage and use minmax's CALculator to see which might be more efficient for you: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...3u5B4cF4Qzf9pngnzu4_L04wAE/edit#gid=985770741

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
What is your goal for the tournaments? Knowing how many points you want to get every week will help people make more accurate suggestions for what you want. But in my opinion, because this is how I have played the game, if your goal is 5k points or less each week, there is no reason at all to stop. I am at the end of chapter 17 and do about 5k points each week with little problem as a pure fighter. Maybe once or twice per week, there will be a fight that is just too bad a mix of troops, so I cater though couple instead. And I also purely fight all three floors of the Spire each week too. I do have a maxed Fire Phoenix to feed and I normally only put out minimal temp troop boost buildings. And I do it all with auto-fight, as manual fighting just takes too long on my PC and mobile is auto-fight only.

StarLoad

There is every reason to stop 1) from the excessive Sentient goods required in Chap 15, and the extreme shortage of said sentient goods available in trade without resorting to parasites. 2) the unreasonable increase in KP needed for chap16 and the unacceptable amounts of Goods needed across the board. 3) No additional troops or increased battle help as you grow and in fact you are making it harder on yourself by growing.

there might be more but you should get the picture.
As for the OP I would say depending on your server and the ability to secure the S3 goods to complete 15, if positive then yes open 16 and then stop otherwise get the final frog update and sit tight. IMO

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
There is every reason to stop 1) from the excessive Sentient goods required in Chap 15, and the extreme shortage of said sentient goods available in trade without resorting to parasites. 2) the unreasonable increase in KP needed for chap16 and the unacceptable amounts of Goods needed across the board. 3) No additional troops or increased battle help as you grow and in fact you are making it harder on yourself by growing.

there might be more but you should get the picture.
As for the OP I would say depending on your server and the ability to secure the S3 goods to complete 15, if positive then yes open 16 and then stop otherwise get the final frog update and sit tight. IMO

If other people have issues, that is not my problem. I completed chapters 15, 16, and 17 in about 4 months each, using nothing more than the resources I got in-game. No money spent to make those chapters easier. And other players did it more quickly, like @MinMax Gamer . This is for my city on Aredyll, which may make things a little easier, since it is the oldest and most populated US server.

dikke ikke

i used to have diamond farms on all us servers except for server 3 where my main city is so i never spend any money. I finished chapter 17 in just over 2 months, giving me more as 100 days to put expiring buildings in my city to collect diamonds and kp. I still end in the top 20 of the tournament every week and finish the spire every week too. I will see what challenges chapter 18 will bring, thanks to the info of minmax i try to prepare as good as i can.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
@CrazyWizard

What is better for tournaments? Staying at level 15, after researching frogs or researching all other technologies and continuing to the first research in chapter 16? What would be the most optimal option?

For tournments a small as possible city with the least possible expansions and those you do place preferred to be premium, not past the frogs and with only combat wonders.

Thats the ideal town. but you have to make choices what you find important and fun to do.

The Unbeliever

Re: the devs hating on long-time players & actively going out of their way to screw them over;
"Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by simple stupidity."

The devs aren't evil geniuses actively trying to club down long time players/competitive players.
They are just plain and simple morons who don't play their own game and have no clue how their "new math" formula interacts with how the game is played in reality...
They've admitted multiple times that they don't play the game. They just make-up a bunch of pre-made gak and see if their basic cookie cutter garbage can waddle it's way through newly developed chapters.

Until people stop throwing money at them, they won't change a thing.
"Get woke. Go broke."

By all means use your 'free' diamonds you earn the spire/expiring buildings to buy premie expansions and/or spend on events. But don't give these clowns a dime of actual cash.
Either they end up listening to the player base and actually address the serious balance issues that are only getting worse, or they can find a new job. :p

Personally I'm sitting for as long as I can drag things out in Wood Elves through Halflings...
I managed a little over 2 years in Orks & Gobbos, researching only as a last resort to avoid forced scouting quests during events. Thus far I'm now sitting at about 9 months on WE's and have only researched 9 techs thus far.
At this rate, I can probably drag out these next 3 chapters for at least 4-5+ years!lol.

If the number crunchers see that too many players are stagnating their growth and just sitting still, eventually alarm bells will go off and there will be questions asked as to why so many cities are just stagnating. ;)

shimmerfly

@CrazyWizard

I'm really really far from being a statistic expert but Chaper 15 has just about fried me crispy.
At the moment, I don't plan on going any further than maybe opening chapt. 16, as Samido suggests, for the higher level Prizes in events.

Last edited:

GlamDoll

I'm really really far from being a statistic expert but Chaper 15 has just about fried me crispy.
At the moment, I don't plan on going any further than maybe opening chapt. 16, as Samido suggests, for the higher level Prizes in events.
You are not the only one & I thought I was being clever, but these new monkey-wrenches have put a damper on it. I spend more time looking at my city now, than I do playing the game...and that is why I am seldom even logged-in. I am currently looking for a game that is engaging that I can play, when I have some free-time...I despise window shopping! I prefer to go get what I need & want.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
You are not the only one & I thought I was being clever, but these new monkey-wrenches have put a damper on it. I spend more time looking at my city now, than I do playing the game...and that is why I am seldom even logged-in. I am currently looking for a game that is engaging that I can play, when I have some free-time...I despise window shopping! I prefer to go get what I need & want.
Oh you guys are so right. My lead city hit chapter 16 months ago, nearly a year ago now, while my best city hit chapter 15 and I just ... stopped. I cannot grind my way through another nasty chapter while taking my signature city through the troop upgrades (not to mention the super cool steel upgrades). It's too much work.
I know they claim to be making it more challenging, but yeesh.

GlamDoll

LOL. One of my comments here got deleted & I didn't even get a notification. Yeah, I am with the in-crowd alright. :/