• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Simia Sapiens and the Brown Bear

Nectar of the Gods

Hi everyone.

I have a level 10 Brown Bear which gives me a 150% Unit Production Bonus. Now I have the Simia Sapiens AW. I am working on leveling it. I'm only on level 3 at the moment so I think the Unit Production Bonus is 108%. Do these two buildings work together to increase the Unit Production Bonus or is the bear not worth feeding once I get the AW high enough?

Chriger

Hi everyone.

I have a level 10 Brown Bear which gives me a 150% Unit Production Bonus. Now I have the Simia Sapiens AW. I am working on leveling it. I'm only on level 3 at the moment so I think the Unit Production Bonus is 108%. Do these two buildings work together to increase the Unit Production Bonus or is the bear not worth feeding once I get the AW high enough?
The bonuses add on top of each other, instead of multiplying.

So in your case, 158%. Also the Sapien bonus doesn't need pet food, which is nice.

Nectar of the Gods

Thank you both.

The bonuses add on top of each other, instead of multiplying.

So in your case, 158%. Also the Sapien bonus doesn't need pet food, which is nice.
That's exactly what I needed to know. And not needing pet food is a huge bonus as I am usually very low on, if not out of, pet food.

The Unbeliever

I'd always keep the BB, simply because of it's 48hr production - free troops is NEVER something to just ignore, and free Orky troop production is literal gold in this game. ;)

As for feeding it, once Simia is high enough, then obviously the pet food cost becomes a much bigger factor since the feeding effect becomes far less relevent.
BUT!
It's still worth it for those odd times where you want/need to replace a massive troop loss/shortage, at which point, you can abuse the hell out of time instants + BB feeding for maximum instant troop gains.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Yep, I just double-checked my numbers after feeding my Brown Bear. The extra 50% from the Bear is added together with the 18% from my level 11 Simia, and then that 68% is multiplied by my regular production, and then base and bonus are added together for total production per slot.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Does the Simia Sapiens bonus apply to buildings that automatically produce troops like Grounds of the Orc Strategist and Valarian Valor? Or does it only help Barracks, Training Grounds, and Mercenary Camp?

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I don't think it applies to other bldgs that produce troops. I only have AW's and evolving bldgs out right now (none of the crafting troop producers placed right now) that produce them and I don't see a boost in production in those.
From the Wiki:
Gives additional units every time you collect them from your Barracks, Training Grounds or Mercenary Camp.

Kekune

This is related to a question I have about the best way to get orc strats.

At what point, if any, does the simia bonus (and maybe brown bear, if that changes the answer) make it better to train orc strats instead of getting them from Grounds of the Orc Strategist?

Between chapters, I usually place a mix of orc nests and GotOS but I'd think at some point, I'm better to just place orc nests and train the troops. Of course, that costs a slot in the training grounds, but those are my least- used troops so I can probably live with that.

Has anybody sorted through this already, and what did you come up with?

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Between chapters, I usually place a mix of orc nests and GotOS but I'd think at some point, I'm better to just place orc nests and train the troops. Of course, that costs a slot in the training grounds, but those are my least- used troops so I can probably live with that.
I did a lot of manual fight and autofight experimenting (8000pts), some with autofighting observation, during Planks Tourney to test out which combo is most effective against high number of enemy archers. Orc Strategists are still very high on my list due to the combo of their quick kill as well as their favorable secondary matchup pairings when there are no archers left. I have 5 OS pits giving me free units but have concluded it’s faster to train my own and supplement, esp during tourneys like Planks where there are archers galore. I don’t feed Brown Bear every tourney. He is behind a glass container to break in case of emergency. I did crack the glass this week since I did a lot of odd matchups for experimental/observation purposes and some were big fails so Brownie let me recover quickly for next day’s experiments with some timer abuse. :) As you go very deep in tourneys too, I’m curious what your preference is over OS against light range since you mentioned they are your least used.

Kekune

@crackie

I use strats quite a bit; I meant that my training grounds troops are, overall, less used than my other troop types. And I agree it's faster to train strats than collect from any event building. I'm more wondering about using my space efficiently. Most of my orc strat stash has come from GotOS buildings, but an equal number of Orc nests takes up the same space. So at some point, the bonus from simia ought to mean I should veer more towards crafting plain Orc nests and training the little stinkers. I'm just not sure where the tipping point is and how to balance the opportunity costs of training other things in my training grounds, because currently I rarely give up a slot to make Strats.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I am already relying on mostly crafting given the speed. My GotOS get sold off before FA, recrafted during Arcane blitzes, and replaced if I have room so they are optional buildings now. They just take too slow for the amount of space they take up. One slot in my Training Ground for a stack of OS will require equivalent of 35 GotOS to make same amount. So giving him a slot in the Training Ground every now and then is worth it in my book.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
On using the Brown Bear.
I try to let all three of my "barracks" finish training a full compliment of troops before feeding the bear.
It stretches out the pet food.
Set them to train, wait X hours, feed the bear, collect troops then reset.
It's even better when you have extra time instants to speed up training.

Kawhi is a Raptor

I am already relying on mostly crafting given the speed. My GotOS get sold off before FA, recrafted during Arcane blitzes, and replaced if I have room so they are optional buildings now. They just take too slow for the amount of space they take up. One slot in my Training Ground for a stack of OS will require equivalent of 35 GotOS to make same amount. So giving him a slot in the Training Ground every now and then is worth it in my book.

your opinion might change up some when you are in later chapters and you start viewing GOTOS as passive orc/supply production as opposed to troop production much like one can view orc nests as passive supply production

ch 15 is pretty hard on orc supply between race good production and AW upgrades (only have 5 armories since i'm maintaining a small footprint) and i have missed my GOTOS a ton - honestly can't wait til i'm finally done 3 star frogs