• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Data Export <- Catchy Title

Gkyr

Chef
Background: I use a spreadsheet to keep track of my resource ending/renewal times. I was in the process of typing a suggestion here that Inno create a dashboard to help us keep track of an increasingly complex game, but I soon realized that the dashboard could not keep up with all of the specific sorting demands that all of the players would expect of it.
So...in the spirit of simplicity, flexibility and community harmony, I propose that Inno merely provide us with our own individual data output gateway. Once we import our current data into a pivot table, we can arrange the data in any way see see that is helpful.

DeletedUser27062

Background: I use a spreadsheet to keep track of my resource ending/renewal times. I was in the process of typing a suggestion here that Inno create a dashboard to help us keep track of an increasingly complex game, but I soon realized that the dashboard could not keep up with all of the specific sorting demands that all of the players would expect of it.
So...in the spirit of simplicity, flexibility and community harmony, I propose that Inno merely provide us with our own individual data output gateway. Once we import our current data into a pivot table, we can arrange the data in any way see see that is helpful.

Lol
That...
ain't gonna happen

Inno is not about to allow us to export our data because then we could collect and compare it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gkyr

Chef
The data is already available. I can go onto Elvenstats and see your city's static (slightly stale) statistics. I can visit your city and get more information if I were interested in comparing you to myself or someone else, but I consider that a waste of my time.
I already have this data. I fail to see how obtaining it more efficiently rather than plodding through my city would provide me with an opportunity to conspire...

DeletedUser27062

The data is already available. I can go onto Elvenstats and see your city's static (slightly stale) statistics. I can visit your city and get more information if I were interested in comparing you to myself or someone else, but I consider that a waste of my time.
I already have this data. I fail to see how obtaining it more efficiently rather than plodding through my city would provide me with an opportunity to conspire...

Where on Elvenstats can you see my resource ending/renewal times?
If the data you want is available on Elvenstats then go get it from there.
Here's a video on importing data from a website to a pivot table.

Iyapo1

See I thought those things were being shared by actual players. I did not know they were being lifted from beta via a security gap.

Edit: @Lelanya I put wicked in front of data miners to differentiate between data miners and data miners up to no good.

Last edited:

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
See I thought those things were being shared by actual players. I did not know they were being lifted from beta via a security gap.

Edit: @Lelanya I put wicked in front of data miners to differentiate between data miners and data miners up to no good.
It's a mix. Jack will weigh in, no doubt, and point out that the quest list on his personal Facebook group is collected by some of its members. And it shows, right? There is a mishmash of styles of quest reporting, any time that I have checked.

TomatoeHu's Spreadsheet, usually checked by SoggyShorts, has a reduced format that is color coded by type.

Sylvia from the Zombie Knights blog spot, and ElvenGems, has the format that a player will actually see when playing. That is how the data mine produces information. I do check the quests for Gems, as I am sure Sylvia has folks who contribute to her site. And I sure do appreciate how quickly she gets her information out, I use it to plan my strategy in the Beta city.

Yes this Gems' team are actual players. Two do tabelizing, two check the daily prizes and event flow, I check the quests.

Last edited:

Gkyr

Chef
I can go onto Elvenstats and see your city's static (slightly stale) statistics.
Where on Elvenstats can you see my resource ending/renewal times?
I can only access your static data but not your dynamic data.
e.g, I can see/count your buildings but I have no way of knowing if they are idle or producing, and what the queue time is.
Nor should I have your data. But if you had that data through the gateway that I am suggesting, you could plop it into the pivot table (thanks for the link) and know when during the day it will time to renew a production without having to hunt through your city for it and possibly overlook it.

DeletedUser27062

I can only access your static data but not your dynamic data.
e.g, I can see/count your buildings but I have no way of knowing if they are idle or producing, and what the queue time is.
Nor should I have your data. But if you had that data through the gateway that I am suggesting, you could plop it into the pivot table (thanks for the link) and know when during the day it will time to renew a production without having to hunt through your city for it and possibly overlook it.
Yes, I understand the distinction between data types, what you want vs what's currently available through elvenstats. When I suggested that inno would never make available the kind of data you were seeking you responded by inferring it was already available on elvenstats. My comment was to show that it is not.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Think
Is it True?
Is it Helpful?
Is it Insightful?
Is it Necessary?
Is it Kind?

No? Then why say it, never mind go out of one's way to write it. Hmm?

Needless to say someone else has been added to my ignore list.

DeletedUser27062

Think
Is it True?
Is it Helpful?
Is it Insightful?
Is it Necessary?
Is it Kind?

No? Then why say it, never mind go out of one's way to write it. Hmm?

Needless to say someone else has been added to my ignore list.
I love irony :)