• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LisaMV

tenor.gif
Cheer up, little one! here is a quote from the new spire awards announcement: "Stonehenge Artifacts will also be phased in"
:)

qaccy

Wait...stonehenge again? Didn't we already have those? I'd figured they were going to slowly cycle through all of the past evolving buildings before repeating anything.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Wait...stonehenge again? Didn't we already have those? I'd figured they were going to slowly cycle through all of the past evolving buildings before repeating anything.
Bear artifacts would be next on the schedule. And the announcement said Bear artifact AND Stonehenge artifacts. I am not sure how having 2 types of artifacts available will work. I hope they take some of the other potential prizes out and do not reduce the chances of getting Bear artifacts when they also add the Stonehenge artifacts. I need to finish a Brown Bear in each of my cities!

LisaMV

OK you all... what is a 'stonehenge artifact' - ?? It is not an evolving building.
Please clarify ~ I want to share in the excitement!
lol

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
what is a 'stonehenge artifact' - ?? It is not an evolving building.
Yep, it is an evolving bldg. It was originally released for the Summer Solstice event in 2019. Here's the Wiki page for it:
Stonehenge Evolving Bldg
The stonehenge artifacts are the specific ones used to evolve this bldg; the base is/was* in crafting when the artifacts were in the Spire. It appears the recipe for crafting these artifacts with blueprints/diamonds is still in the crafting rotation.
*Since I have a base for every evolving bldg ever either in my inventory or placed in my cities, I don't actually see these recipes myself. Everything either announced or discussed on this forum has indicated that is how it worked, though.

Last edited:

qaccy

It'd be nice if, along with the artifacts being made available once again for these things, it was possible to obtain more than a single BUILDING to evolve as well. So far that's only been possible during the event that made each building first available. Perhaps the final spire encounter could include a 5% chance of obtaining the base building instead of an artifact? I don't know how that'd work for the Fire/Storm/Aureate Phoenixes or the Brown/Polar/Panda Bears though, since those trios were each introduced together. Maybe have each one available for two out of the 6 weeks the artifacts are available?

Gladiola

It'd be nice if, along with the artifacts being made available once again for these things, it was possible to obtain more than a single BUILDING to evolve as well. So far that's only been possible during the event that made each building first available. Perhaps the final spire encounter could include a 5% chance of obtaining the base building instead of an artifact? I don't know how that'd work for the Fire/Storm/Aureate Phoenixes or the Brown/Polar/Panda Bears though, since those trios were each introduced together. Maybe have each one available for two out of the 6 weeks the artifacts are available?

Since the fire phoenix is way overpowered, I don't think it makes sense to have people have more than one, especially when the vast majority will have one or none. If a subset of people (larger than the handful who got 2 when the event first ran) has two fire phoenixes, they will just make the tournament and Spire impossibly harder for the rest of us to challenge that minority. So great if you are one of the lucky ones, and really not great if you are not.

LisaMV

Yep, it is an evolving bldg. It was originally released for the Summer Solstice event in 2019. Here's the Wiki page for it:
Stonehenge Evolving Bldg
The stonehenge artifacts are the specific ones used to evolve this bldg; the base is/was* in crafting when the artifacts were in the Spire. It appears the recipe for crafting these artifacts with blueprints/diamonds is still in the crafting rotation.
*Since I have a base for every evolving bldg ever either in my inventory or placed in my cities, I don't actually see these recipes myself. Everything either announced or discussed on this forum has indicated that is how it worked, though.
OMG! Stress-week in RL: I read "Stonehenge", but thought "Moonstone". omg, YES I know that is an evolving building, and YES! I need more artifacts! (and sleep, probably)

Thanks, and sorry. How embarrassing.
:rolleyes:

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Bear artifacts would be next on the schedule. And the announcement said Bear artifact AND Stonehenge artifacts. I am not sure how having 2 types of artifacts available will work. I hope they take some of the other potential prizes out and do not reduce the chances of getting Bear artifacts when they also add the Stonehenge artifacts. I need to finish a Brown Bear in each of my cities!
I will be reporting on this next week.

Aritra

I'd expect that this Sorc's event will be no different; if you play actively, AND, focus only on grand prize efficiency, then you should be able to make 1 full set w/out spending any dias, OR, relying on the league reward/s.
This gives me a little hope. All this talk about the expectation that the Leagues will reduce the achievability for the non-competitve player is really concerning to me (because of currency and grand prize artifact changes). :oops: The strategy you described here is basically how I've been successful, but it already can be a little nerve-wracking to see whether I'd make it or not (can't slip into passive play for fear it'll come up short). I guess I'll just have to keep doing what I do and see what happens.

qaccy

Since the fire phoenix is way overpowered, I don't think it makes sense to have people have more than one, especially when the vast majority will have one or none. If a subset of people (larger than the handful who got 2 when the event first ran) has two fire phoenixes, they will just make the tournament and Spire impossibly harder for the rest of us to challenge that minority. So great if you are one of the lucky ones, and really not great if you are not.
I don't really think this would be the case. They've already set up these two systems to scale up in a way that guarantees a continued challenge as the player advances. It's even being argued that it starts to scale up faster than the player can keep up with later down the road. If this is the case, the Fire Phoenix is more powerful early on rather than later, as its bonus starts to diminish against groups of enemies where a total unit gap continues to grow larger and larger (the ratio always stays the same, but 2000 units going up against 3000 is still a 1k unit gap compared to a 500 gap for 1000 units against 1500).

Besides, the Fire Phoenix is just a single building. I'm talking about all of them, not just one.

Aritra

@Lelanya said in another thread: "We have the Sorcerer's Homecoming now, which has a set building. This is part of Elvenar's Anniversary gift to the community. An easy event followed by a set building event. Enjoy your Spring or Fall break, grow your city."

o_O So now I'm super confused. I thought i had the basic expectation and no big, but now I don't know which way is up. The 8x5 is the set for the next small event or the typical larger after that? Is the available info regarding the sorc (smaller) event and all we know about event after is that it is another set? Or is there one set, in the second event, that is 8x5 , following a smaller event with... what? o_Oo_O

EDIT: I've re-reviewed the link @Jackluyt posted and it appears to be a "normal" event (normal as I've experienced since the trader set last year). So... normal event? No reason to be confused or concerned?

Last edited:

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@Lelanya said in another thread: "We have the Sorcerer's Homecoming now, which has a set building. This is part of Elvenar's Anniversary gift to the community. An easy event followed by a set building event. Enjoy your Spring or Fall break, grow your city."

o_O So now I'm super confused. I thought i had the basic expectation and no big, but now I don't know which way is up. The 8x5 is the set for the next small event or the typical larger after that? Is the available info regarding the sorc (smaller) event and all we know about event after is that it is another set? Or is there one set, in the second event, that is 8x5 , following a smaller event with... what? o_Oo_O

EDIT: I've re-reviewed the link @Jackluyt posted and it appears to be a "normal" event (normal as I've experienced since the trader set last year). So... normal event? No reason to be confused or concerned?
I think Lelanya's comment is directed at the lack of fellowship adventures. Inno made it easier to get all 9 artifacts in the current event, so there is no FA after it. And historically events involving a set building are not followed by a FA either. So we are getting something like a 2 or 3 month break from fellowship adventures.

Status
Not open for further replies.