• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

New Spire of Eternity rewards - discussion thread

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I agree that I think Inno should allow Evolving buildings to be transported into Inventory. I wish they would. They probably will tell us they can't due to coding.

They have already said several times that it is because of the complexity of the coding that we cannot teleport evolving buildings or ancient wonders. And they don't see that changing because trying to add that has a much higher chance of breaking the game than not.

The Unbeliever

I would counter that the Mermaids Paradise is definitely not only worth placing, but it is also worth keeping. I would never delete mine.

This is why:

In my chapter, a fully upgraded Marble factory produces 3,784 marble per 3 hrs. Most people will not be resetting their marble factories 4 times in a day, because they have lives. But let's say I did. 4 x 3,784 = 15,136 marble. To produce that marble I have to pay coin and supplies. The Marble factory gives nothing besides Marble (no Population or Culture), and I have to pay for the production. The building is also larger than the Mermaids Paradise.

The Mermaids Paradise is 4x4, which is 4 spaces less than 1 Marble factory.
It provides Population, Culture, and a person's T1 boost from the get go. As it is evolved, it provides additional T1 (Boost +1 Stage 3 & Boost +2 on Stage 5) and at Stage 7 it also gives an Ancient Knowledge 3 instant. Now about the goods.

I have a Lvl 10 and it gives me:
9180 marble
8670 steel
8160 plank

Yes, that is less Marble than four 3 hr runs. However, if you add in the additional Steel and Plank you get a total of 26,010 goods. That is far more than you can produce in one day, in a smaller footprint.

I agree that I think Inno should allow Evolving buildings to be transported into Inventory. I wish they would. They probably will tell us they can't due to coding. I don't know. It would be very nice if they could work it out. I don't expect, however, it's ever going to happen. But what I do with the evolving buildings I choose to have in my city is create an expansion just for them. Then that building is "paid for" in my mind. I don't have to worry about whether I want to use that space because I know that space is allotted to that building. If a building is important enough to you, you'll find the space to keep it.

That's my "IMHO". ;)
I keep to a 4x 3hr + 1x 9hr over night production rotation. Not hard at all, even if you're on the go a lot. Most people have cell phones these days and it takes only a couple minutes at most to set things. (ie: bathroom break)
I'd also argue that any comparison should naturally also factor in the 9hr over night production that people typically set, otherwise you're simply comparing what amounts to only a 12hr building vs. a 24hr building.

So yes, while Mermaid's is technically slightly smaller & doesn't require pop+culture, it also can't be teleported away, or boosted via any AW's (ie: Mt. Halls), or take advantage of MM spells (which can be further boosted via ETC and/or a Storm Phoenix), etc, etc...
I also never have issues keeping my factories synced together, unlike my 24hr buildings which will inevitably require me to miss out on a collection here and there since eventually they will cycle to heinous o'clock pick-up times.

Basically, it has far less flexibility, and for me, it's fugly as all hell to boot. :p
(give me some 'propa' Orky buildings!;))

They have already said several times that it is because of the complexity of the coding that we cannot teleport evolving buildings or ancient wonders. And they don't see that changing because trying to add that has a much higher chance of breaking the game than not.
This excuse is pure BS and is just the Elvenar team being lazy...

We have had evolving buildings in FoE for at least an entire year before Elvenar got them, and we can store them into our inventories no problem.
AW's still no, because yes, it likely would be a complete and utter nightmare to try and code them due to how they level up and having to factor in donated KP into everything.
But evo buildings? Yes, we've stored them same as any other event building right from day 1.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I would counter that the Mermaids Paradise is definitely not only worth placing, but it is also worth keeping. I would never delete mine.
100% agree with this! I won 3 bases in the original event (it was one of those with endless quests, I was between chapters with oodles of room and completed a gazillion quests, lol!) in both cities. In my now Ch16 city I also got enough artifacts to evolve all 3 to lvl 10. I've kept them upgraded to chapter level with RR's (currently Ch15-have not yet done upgrades to Ch16). And I teleported all my boosted marble factories(5 fully upgraded in inventory). I bring those out for FA badges and event quests (once I reach daily quests, the marble are no longer needed). In my Ch15 city, I had only placed the one until this Spire Mermaid artifact round. I had more than enough artifacts to get a 2nd one to lvl 10 (noticed when they came to the Spire) so I put that one out. I got enough artifacts (plus 1 in inventory now) to evolve the 3rd to lvl 10, so it's out now, too. There, the steel are in inventory (5 fully upgraded). Those Mermaids are only Ch11-Halflings, but I'll take my time upgrading them. Those along with other older (but some upgraded) event bldgs handle the event quests for goods without the need for steel factories (since I reached daily quests there) for now. With the amount of events/FA's we've had for the last several months, I've accumulated quite a bit of marble/steel in my cities by having those factories out doing badges/quests, so slowly upgrading works fine for me. And having the space from 5 factories is a huge help with running more Sentient factories. I switch out the extra Sentients with the upgraded T1's when I place them for events/FA's. Keeps the pop/culture needs close to the same.
So, you may not be able to teleport evolving bldgs, but when they're good, you can teleport other stuff they can replace during regular game play. That's another reason I want to get through the sequential event quests quickly, though. As soon as I catch up to the dailies, my extra Sentients can come back out and I can continue with chapter progression during the rest of the event. Helps with event burn-out considerably.

Iyapo1

It does not say that the phoenix artifact is being phased out? Are phoenix and Stonehenge artifacts going to be in the MA at the same time or is Stonehenge replacing Phoenix?

LisaMV

You know it used to be that in every random chest contained a piece of the library with 10% odds. And a piece was always in a boss chest. So why are the artifacts not in the random chests now?
And speaking of this, I noticed a huge drop in my spire-love after they dropped the moonstone. I thought I would adjust to it, but really - I have NO interest in going past the Lab door anymore. Why would I? I am sent to the poor house for that last 3rd, always have to spend diamonds, then the big exciting prize? PP? A Dwarven Armorer? And that's if you are 'lucky'. This feels like giving your spouse a dishwaser as an anniversary present - just something to help them work more. Where is the fun and excitement?

By contrast, the Moonstone set pieces WERE quite fun, interesting, pretty, tiny (yay!), and made for a very useful 'puzzle' to play with in your city.

As far as the stonehenge & mermaid artifacts, even being in three Gold Spire fellowships I have only gotten 3-6, a couple up to 8. I consider myself a pretty hard-core Spire Addict ~ but this new awards plan is working better than anything to kick me of my habit, sadly.
"The bounce has gone out of my bungie", as Wallace would say...
:(
PS Extra bonus points for anyone who can tell me what that quote is from... ;)

Last edited:

qaccy

By contrast, the Moonstone set pieces WERE quite fun, interesting, pretty, tiny (yay!), and made for a very useful 'puzzle' to play with in your city.
Yes, a 'puzzle' that played no small part in the game's current 'problem' with the quantity of scrolls players have. A 'puzzle' that still exists, provided you haven't been deleting your buildings that you'd collected prior to Inno making them yet another 'unique' building set.

I'm a fan of rotating in old artifacts. I've got a lot of level 1 bases in my inventory from these old events, and this prize system they're using for the Spire presently is allowing me an opportunity to level them up and actually place them. I still wish they'd also allow us to get more copies of the buildings as well, but this is still letting me upgrade stuff!

tiG23

At the current rate of going through all the evolving buildings in order of release, the Ashen should show up in crafting about a year from now.
yeah, but since the use of it now has more meaning (according to rumors about new event) so a girl can hope.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
In my opinion, the entire system of re-issuing evolving buildings and their artifacts is totally crocked. I really hope that the designers will do something to fix it.

Old buildings are re-issued periodically for those who missed them first time round - but the artifact system is ridiculous - it is entirely chance if you will even get one, going all the way up to the top of the spire every time for six weeks; some people get lucky and gain several; others may have to wait several years to fully evolve their building.
It is a totally dysfunctional system.

Giving us a random building and a random artifact every six weeks is doing nothing to fix the mess. Rather we should be allowed to choose any building that we wish from the crafting list and buy it for Diamonds - and then we should be given 'Artifact Fragments' in all the side events and other places too like daily log-in bonuses, so that we could over a period of months collect enough of them to forge one Artifact for any building we choose. If 'Artifact Fragments' could be gained simply from logging in to one's city, as well as FA Waypoints, Tournaments, Spires and grand prizes in the questline events, that would motivate reluctant players to be far more involved in the game!
That would make far more sense - and the sooner they bring in a similar system, the better.
I do hope the developers are listening to this suggestion. Not the first time I have made it.
:)

Last edited: