• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tournament changes

DeletedUser27062

At the end of this tournament could you post your new boost %?
Actually, I don't need to wait. Here's how my boosts will look after the tourney.

R1R2R3R4R5R6Total no. of relics
Prov 1 MD1112229
Prov 5 Plank22333417
Prov 7 Scroll33344421

Boosts before & after tourney:
T1: 644% (424 relics) / 661% (441 relics)
T2: 661% (446 relics) / 678% (467 relics)
T3: 443% (211 relics) / 453% (220 relics)

Under the old system I would have gained 105 MD relics (7 provinces x 6 rounds), giving a boost of 547% (and 1 relic shy of the next level 557%). Next tournament MD will move to province 2 which will give me 11 relics, the tourney after that will give me 13 and so on. It will take nearly 2 months to gain the relics I lost because of this change. The increase in T1 and T2 boosts do not compensate for that loss.

Iyapo1

I do not understand how this change is supposed to be beneficial to smaller cities, especially those who haven't reached max boost?
Try looking at it from chapter 1 perspective. Under the old system they had to wait 9 weeks between relic cycles. That's ...chapter one, two, and much of chapter 3. It is too long. I think this will be great for new players.

StarLoad

Try looking at it from chapter 1 perspective. .... I think this will be great for new players.
I think that is where the problem is My bolding for emphasis, the game is trying to go all out to simplify for the newbie and all at the expense of mid-level and late-game players. So we should all stop and just start new cities and begin again...

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
For those of you who are wondering and not on the beta forum, where I'm sure this is posted already. The new prize distribution.

pardon the terrible photoshop skills
Screenshot_32.png
Screenshot_10.png
Screenshot_26.png
Screenshot_11.png
Screenshot_27.png
Screenshot_12.png
Screenshot_28.png
1622590985833.png
1622591047229.png

Iyapo1

the game is trying to go all out to simplify for the newbie and all at the expense of mid-level and late-game players. So we should all stop and just start new cities and begin again...
Not simplifying, speeding up access to needed resources.

I am only in chapter 7. That makes me low level. My boost has been at 700% since chapter 5. I have tournament push weeks. This change is going to cost me plenty of relics. It is going to have such a positive impact on actual new players(and hopefully player retention) that I will just swallow my sour grapes.

DeletedUser27062

I hear ya... they all matter. Even more than you say, actually: eventually, all 9 will be boosted.

What I don't understand is why this change, specifically, forces a player to do 9 provinces every week. If you need that many of every type of relic, you should already be doing 9 every week. And if you are doing some tournaments heavier than others now, you're focusing on acquiring more of specific types, which was the point of my previous comment; that if your needs are lower than 9 a week, you can ride the wave as the relic types cycle.

Unless there's another factor here that I'm missing, I just don't see how the change in relic distribution translates to suddenly needing to do 9 or more every week to function, if you weren't before.

You're right. It will be 6 provinces x 6 rounds every week for 9 weeks to get the same relics as now.

DeletedUser27062

I am only in chapter 7. That makes me low level. My boost has been at 700% since chapter 5. I have tournament push weeks. This change is going to cost me plenty of relics. It is going to have such a positive impact on actual new players(and hopefully player retention) that I will just swallow my sour grapes.

I'm not so sure it's simply sour grapes (and yes, I'm highly p1$$ed at losing out on 100+ relics on beta because of this).

Try looking at it from chapter 1 perspective. Under the old system they had to wait 9 weeks between relic cycles. That's ...chapter one, two, and much of chapter 3. It is too long. I think this will be great for new players.

Brand new cities will suffer because they simply can't do 1640 in tourneys every week and that is what they will have to do every week to get their much needed relic boosts.

DeletedUser27062

Actually, I'm wondering if the point of this change is to actually make tourneys easier for big cities. Now that brand new cities will be forced to contribute 1640 points every week the pressure will be off big cities to cover the shortfall. Big cities who don't need the relics can and will lean on smaller cities to pull in 10 chests.

Iyapo1

Brand new cities will suffer because they simply can't do 1640 in tourneys every week and that is what they will have to do every week to get their much needed relic boosts.
For the first two or three tournaments they have 1 or 2 tents. Under the old system they would have to wait 9 weeks to get another chance at relics that they need. Under the new system every tent they open reduces that time by an entire week. By chapter 5 most players have 6 tents which makes the wait time on relics 3 weeks. By the time a player has 9 of each tent open they wont have to wait at all.

Guurt The Destroyer

For the first two or three tournaments they have 1 or 2 tents. Under the old system they would have to wait 9 weeks to get another chance at relics that they need. Under the new system every tent they open reduces that time by an entire week. By chapter 5 most players have 6 tents which makes the wait time on relics 3 weeks. By the time a player has 9 of each tent open they wont have to wait at all.

In my first two tournaments I had 5 tents. You won't be able to join a tournament until you are in Chapter 2 now as they are putting the tech that allows Fellowships into Chapter 2 (there is a thread about that change).

I have to see how it plays out next week in my world as I am not playing on Beta. I am only in Chapter 3 and at this point I think I prefer getting relics in spikes rather than in a smoother distribution because it allowed me to maximize the boosted spikes, and it allowed me to concentrate on my progress and not the tournament in weeks where it wasn't one of my boosted relics. 5 or 6 provinces is the best I can really do right now as going beyond that is a lot of wasted resources on Very Hard provinces that I can't use for other things.

Maybe I will see it differently after the next tournament, but I am glad that this didn't go live this week as Dust is one of my boosts and I am going to get a LOT of Dust in this tournament and in a few days when I unlock the Dust factory I will produce a lot of Dust for very little investment which will let me build up Dust a bit before I really need it.

StarLoad

I am just thinking that your being at 700% since chap 5 is more of an exception ... Also with 18 chapters you at 7 would be almost 40% thru and that puts you in the middle third or mid-game

Aritra

You won't be able to join a tournament until you are in Chapter 2 now as they are putting the tech that allows Fellowships into Chapter 2 (there is a thread about that change).
Are you sure? And where is this thread?
I am deep into a chapter one city and it fully appears to allow me to join a fellowship if I want (I haven't yet for reasons not important here).

Iyapo1

they are putting the tech that allows Fellowships into Chapter 2 (there is a thread about that change).
I read that thread, I got the impression that some changes were being tested.
I think I prefer getting relics in spikes rather than in a smoother distribution because it allowed me to maximize the boosted spikes,
I agree. I like push weeks. I made it into the top 100 once! That's a thing of the past I am going to need to find my sustainable spot and stew in it.

Iyapo1

I am just thinking that your being at 700% since chap 5 is more of an exception ... Also with 18 chapters you at 7 would be almost 40% thru and that puts you in the middle third or mid-game
Thank you for that!
Soggy said I was still in the tutorial.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Also with 18 chapters you at 7 would be almost 40% thru and that puts you in the middle third or mid-game
That's assuming all chapters are equal. Surely you don't think that the ~80 hours needed to complete chapter 1 are the same as the time required to complete chapter 18?
Soggy said I was still in the tutorial.
My hope now is that they release chapters just fast enough that I can always shift the goalposts enough to claim that you are still in the tutorial. ;)