• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Unbeliever

As the set does NOT give T4 for the Sentient chapter players, and the majority of them have decent sized Moonstone Library farms already, this is probably a time when the early to mid game players will be the biggest threats for the Gold & Silver leagues. (...outside of the usual wallet whales)
Anyone with a decent Libby farm will already have plenty of CC's vs. this set which is larger & much, much harder to optimise multiples.
(ie: there's basically only 1 way to get the 5 set connections required for the relics + CC)

As for getting a full set for FtP players?
Just play the full event like we always do, AND, focus only on the beacons that give the best distance travelled/sorc's knowledge spent.

The only ones who will struggle to hit the normally achievable 13 grand prizes will be:
1. players who don't 100% complete the entire event (including picking up all 'free' daily log-in bonuses, etc...)
2. players who focus on daily prizes vs. grand prizes.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Ok I ran the event prizes and...
I have the full set. BUT!!!
I have won 1565 scrolls to date. The rewards were altered a couple of days ago, so we are now getting 10 scrolls less per day , and the rewards for quests are lowered as well. However, the RNG was altered at some point as well. At the start I found it very hard to get free scrolls awards, and do now find it easy, so as always in an event, it depends.
Will we get 45 scrolls from the daily as shown in the video? Will we be getting the modified or unmodified rewards list? Will each player have enough base scrolls to run hard when the RNG favors them?
Edit: I followed a mix of strategies when chasing rewards. I ran an apprentice up the map every day, and tested the RNG with a variety of rewards. The beacons that offer the best chance at daily prizes often have the best odds for free scrolls.

Iyapo1

Anyone with a decent Libby farm will already have plenty of CC's vs. this set which is larger & much, much harder to optimise multiples.
This set is not larger if your primary reason for placing it is CCs. Basically a single 8×5(40 squares) provides 1 CC + 1 of each CC relic. So the equivalent of 2 CCs in 40 squares. Moonstone takes 40 squares for 2 ccs (you would need two libraries).

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
This set is not larger if your primary reason for placing it is CCs. Basically a single 8×5(40 squares) provides 1 CC + 1 of each CC relic. So the equivalent of 2 CCs in 40 squares. Moonstone takes 40 squares for 2 ccs (you would need two libraries).

Yep, two Libraries, two Gates, and one of each of the other three. Or two Libraries, one Gate, and two each of the other three, will get you two CCs every 21 hours.

I really need to do this with my five sets, but that means getting rid of either some bismuth production or some tree gum production, and in the end chapters, neither is a great option.

Torcuato

Question about the set, and it's not the size, : ). Anyone knows if just the 3 buildings that produce T1 would produce the maximum? or do they need the Pilgrim's manor to activate the link addition?
Thanks.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Thanks for the replies :) For me the set is even more appealing now. I got tired of the Library set a long time ago and do just fine without it so I disenchant all of the pieces to keep them from clogging up my inventory. They just were not worth the space in my city. I try to get rid of anything that I get tired of or don't like the way it looks. This set looks very nice so I'm thinking it is worth the space when I'm ready to not be taking so much space for the Team Spirit chapter. I don't mind regular inventory since I've cut back my number of factories. Now I guess I better start going back through the conversation and try to find the quests. Not sure what I would do without folks like Jack, Soggy & TomatoHu and, of course, Gems most of the time!

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
It requires the same number of grand prizes, 13, that maxing an evolving building without an FA does. So if you normally earn 9 artifacts during an event, you can get the whole set.
What's the expected currency for most events now? 6,000? With the "bug" during the last week of beta it's been reduced by
-100 for milestones
-~10% for quests?
-220 for dailies
---------------------
?
It may be that players can expect to fall short of the full set if playing for free. Unless, of course, the "bug" is fixed :rolleyes:

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
These are the new trophies in Beta, for Tournaments and Spire.
Gold and Silver are unchanged.

195930590_10219304090813661_7571484713931962593_n.jpg

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Because players can not win enough diamonds in the game to get a set??
Huh?
I'm saying that you might need to spend diamonds to get the full set if Inno reduces the currency on Live as they did on Beta.
Where or how you get those diamonds is not part of my post.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
It is the wording "if playing for free". I read "if people dont pay money they will fall short". I combined it in my brain with another conversation. Sorry.

Make that "if playing for free and have very bad luck winning extra currency", you may fall short. The problem with that is that is there will not be any way to get the ones you are missing, the way you can get extra artifacts from FAs.

Gladiola

The largest number of building connections required for maximum bonus is 5, right? So people who don't get full sets could still get maximum bonuses. They would just lose out on the pop/culture and/or production from the missing building.

The building that provides the main bonuses (relics and CC) is given right away I think.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Luckily, the first set building from the milestone rewards is the one that gives the relics and CC. So if someone does miss the final building, which is the one that gives marble, I think, you can still make the five links to the main building.

Darn! That is disappointing :( My husband rarely wants to do events but he is definitely doing this one. He has to have the Stone Mason building! He was actually hoping to get a couple of them since he is a retired life long Stone Mason.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Darn! That is disappointing :( My husband rarely wants to do events but he is definitely doing this one. He has to have the Stone Mason building! He was actually hoping to get a couple of them since he is a retired life long Stone Mason.

He is sort of in luck, then. I could not remember the order for sure, so I checked a list and the Steel building is the final grand prize to make a set of seven, not the Marble one. And the Marble building is the first extra building to come up in the grand prizes, so if he can get to 15 grand prizes, he will get the complete set and an extra Marble.

Status
Not open for further replies.