• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Sorcerers' Homecoming discussion

The Unbeliever

It is not a bug.
This again, an FoE feature migrating over here. The event banners will typically go up around 36hrs prior to events beginning on FoE as basically a 'pre-event advertisement' to let you know something is coming up.

And yes, it *IS* a great feature, because it means you have plenty of advance notice to set-up any required 'Turd Town(tm)' buildings to auto-clear those production quests. ;)

The Unbeliever

Aaaaaaaand, of course they now come out and say, "Whoopsie! It may have looked like a really helpful feature, but it's actually a bug because we'd rather keep the forums clogged up with umpteen million posts asking when the next event will start!" >.<

Obviously porting over a feature that's helpful to the players and gives 36'ish hrs of advance notice is a bad thing, because... INNO's gotta INNO?!

Iyapo1

@Aritra whenever you want to find the quest list go to page one of this thread there are always links on the first page. TomatoeHu and Jackluyt both have links up.

Things to keep in mind/consider in your baby.
You dont have to collect the milestone rewards immediately you can wait till the end to maximize their level. Also the unexpected morning offered on day one is a 4×3...good frag rate.

Aritra

@Aritra whenever you want to find the quest list go to page one of this thread there are always links on the first page. TomatoeHu and Jackluyt both have links up.

Things to keep in mind/consider in your baby.
You dont have to collect the milestone rewards immediately you can wait till the end to maximize their level. Also the unexpected morning offered on day one is a 4×3...good frag rate.
Thanks. After you say that, I realized I should have known better (to check early thread for links). I didn't think of it and just knew ElvenGems hasn't posted yet (no complaint, just fact). I've made it standard practice to postpone the claims until the end just in case I change chapters.

ElfGunn

Questions:
How many pieces in Pilgrim's Manor set?
Are all of the pieces available in the event?
Is the PM set evolvable?
Is there one of the Daily Prizes that is considered to be the most desirable?
Thanks!

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Questions:
How many pieces in Pilgrim's Manor set?
Are all of the pieces available in the event?
Is the PM set evolvable?
Is there one of the Daily Prizes that is considered to be the most desirable?
Thanks!
There are 7 total pieces. All of them are available in the event. If you do REALLY well in the event, it is possible to win more than 1 of some pieces in the event. No, you can't evolve it. Sets and evolving buildings are totally different. As far as daily prizes, it depends on what you are looking for. What are your priorities?

OIM20

I have a question about leagues. I realize in the video they said it will "most likely" be a part of every event going forward, so I'm curious as to whether the league in which one ends up going to be publicly accessible data? For example, as part of the fellowship tab listing, like so:

League Tab.png

with the league data for each member of the FS? It would be another way for like-minded players to come together, as it would be a measure of general activity. Basically, I'm curious as to whether the data that Inno is cultivating will be viewable to players. I mean, they're using it to encourage players to be more active so they can get better rewards even if they don't spend money to get the gold ranking, right? So, FS that want to see how active players are outside of tournaments, spire, and scores - like for those who might be "camping" in a chapter but are still very active in game, simply focused on other activities outside of score (like stockpiling goods of a certain tier - I seem to have a couple of neighbors in Elcysandir like this, based on their trader activity) -- but, those FS would be able to see the league ranking for each member, and it would help players in finding a good FS fit for them.

I don't just mean those who play the game competitively. If you can see the league status in game, then you can view it on ElvenStats when it gets added to the code there, so if you were a hobby player, but wanted an active FS that was laid back, you'd be able to check and see if the members of the FS were like-minded, or if they all push for silver league (or spend for gold). I know there have to be some people out there who don't join an FS because they see it as a means of making the game more competitive than they want or have time to maintain.

There may not be an answer for this, but then again, some of the beta players might have more insight. :)

Iyapo1

I mean, they're using it to encourage players to be more active so they can get better rewards even if they don't spend money to get the gold ranking, right?
Right. In order to get the gold ranking a FtP player would need a lot of spire and MA diamonds saved up. You wont get gold without diamonds. You probably wont get silver without diamonds and good luck.

So basically you want a ranking board that tracks diamond spenders?

I have no problem with that, but I can see how some players might.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
It would be another way for like-minded players to come together
I don't see it this way. To me, being in a FS where I'm actively working against the other members makes no sense.
The only way I see it working is if everyone agrees to remain within the hobby league until the last 59 minutes so that everyone can "league-up" together without raising the bar for anyone.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
That means no going after specific daily prizes? I cant imagine that working out.
You could go after w/e you wanted and get ~10 of them easy. I've done that in Beta and I'm still in the hobby league.
Even if you spent all of your earned currency as long as it wasn't in the last ~5 days you wouldn't effect the rankings in Gold or Silver. Probably not even bronze.

OIM20

I don't see it this way. To me, being in a FS where I'm actively working against the other members makes no sense.
So basically you want a ranking board that tracks diamond spenders?

I have no problem with that, but I can see how some players might.
Perhaps I don't understand the league thing then. Because I'm perceiving it as a slightly different form of scoring, but tied to events rather than chapters.

The image in the video somewhere about halfway through shows a number of the event item needed to place in each league. I did see where it says it's based on the percentages of participants in each world.

I guess I'm not seeing the difference between a score that shows someone is spending diamonds that's already publicly available - because I can see what's in their city and I know what costs diamonds, and I can tell by whatever stage certain buildings are at as to where they are in the research - and an event score, which is what I'm perceiving leagues to be. If that's not what they are, then I do appreciate the insight. I'm certainly not wanting to create a problem. But, based on what you've said, it isn't visible in beta, so that does answer my question.