• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Show Spire Scores for FS Members after Spire has Finished

Show Spire Scores for FS Members after Spire has Finished

• In Favor

Votes: 81 93.1%
  • Not in Favor

Votes: 6 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Veesviewpoint

chuckles, I had gone over to "vote" on this one (FA Badges) and the Spire totals...realized after I types about the FA badges...I was on the wrong page...chuckles...oops. Anywho...I voted on both. Thanks Lelanya! :) vees

onebigscot

Summary: It is tedious to keep track of the individual spire scores for fs members as this has to be done shortly before the spire finishes cause as soon as the spire is over the information is lost. It would be really helpful if we could see the spire scores until the next spire starts!

Hi Fairy, I'm a relative newbie here so I'm curious about what you do with this information.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Hi Fairy, I'm a relative newbie here so I'm curious about what you do with this information.
I'm not Fairy, but here's one reason for needing the info:
My Gold Spire FS has a Spire minimum requirement for all members. Similar to the tourney minimums required for 10chest tourney FS's. The tourney scores are up until the next tourney starts, so it's easy to keep track. For Spire, the AM/Mages have to be on in the last few minutes of the Spire ...every.single.week... to keep track of member Spire scores. Even then, they may miss some. I got missed one week (didn't impact anything because 'reaching Laboratory' is the minimum) because of rl stuff where I had the entire laboratory left to do with 15 min left for Spire. I cleared the final boss with less than 2 min left in the Spire. Having someone sit at the Spire screen, reloading every few minutes to get the final scores is tedious to say the least.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I need the tracking as well. Players wanting a FS say things like: I do Laboratory level. But there is a big difference, for a FS pushing for gold, between a player who starts Labratory and earns 26 points, and one who finishes and earns 42. The one is going to leave a gold push hanging short.

Alpha Lyrae

You got my vote! This would be really great for fellowships who have Spire requirements/goals. I could look toward the end of the Spire to see where players are, but a player could still get in under the wire. Many, many fellowships have Tournament and Spire requirements or minimums. We can see the Tournament scores, but not Spire. This would really help in being able to track such requirements/goals.

Iyapo1

I need the tracking as well. Players wanting a FS say things like: I do Laboratory level. But there is a big difference, for a FS pushing for gold, between a player who starts Labratory and earns 26 points, and one who finishes and earns 42. The one is going to leave a gold push hanging short.
I think you confused the high halls with the lab in this post. Gateway, high halls, lab? 21,42,63

Iyapo1

And then you have the FS who actively recruit gold spire players into non-gold fellowships. They exploit the limited search capabilities of mobile players in the hope that the golden goose will feel obligated to stay for more than a hot minute.

Having FSs tracked on elvenstats would help with this, but Inno has nothing to do with elvenstats lack of spire tracking.

Alpha Lyrae

Just play the !*^$@ game. Stop looking over your shoulder.

There are plenty of fellowships that have this mindset and that's all good! However, for those that like to remain competitive (for rank, for recruitment, for efficiency, etc), being able to track player contributions is important. Different strokes for different folks. Having this feature doesn't take away from fellowships that have no desire to track such things.

Gkyr

Chef
There are plenty of fellowships that have this mindset and that's all good! However, for those that like to remain competitive (for rank, for recruitment, for efficiency, etc), being able to track player contributions is important. Different strokes for different folks. Having this feature doesn't take away from fellowships that have no desire to track such things.
I have noticed a great spread in the leadership abilities of a number of Archmages and their effectiveness upon the health of their fellowships. I have to say that what is being proposed as an additional graft upon the game will not make the good Archmages any better nor the stressed Archmages any more effective and may in fact distract the latter exactly in the way that trips up their leadership in the first place.

Last edited:

Alram

Flippers just flip
@Gkyr
I do think that more individual tracking is unnecessary on Innos part and that fellowships who feel the need to track everything each fellow is doing should gather themselves together...on their spreadsheets or not...with like-minded players...

EDIT: Big Thanks to all the fellowships who mention on their overview:
spreadsheets, fB groups, discord servers, needing everyone's phone number, etc.
It saves me from wasting their time.

Last edited:

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
what is being proposed as an additional graft upon the game
My take on this is:
The game set up FS rewards for tourneys, ranking for tourneys, etc. The game then provided the information for interested FS's to keep track of their progress towards the goal of 10chests/week (see tourney tab on FS window in-game). This enabled FS's to make decisions on their collective approach towards tourneys and set rules for tourney minimums so members and recruits would know the expectations. Some FS's remained casual, no tourney minimums, other FS's established 'push' weeks for 10 chests, and other FS's established minimums and had a more concentrated effort to attain the 10chests every week.
The game set up FS rewards for Spire in what I refer to as FS bubbles. The set up trophies (Bronze, Silver, and Gold) and FS rankings for the Spire. They have not yet provided the necessary information for interested FS's to keep track of their progress towards their Spire goals. This makes it tough for FS's to gauge their collective Spire activity and make informed decisions on their collective approach towards the Spire. FS's can set a Spire minimum, but there is nothing provided to track that information.
I agree with @Alram. I prefer to know the rules/expectations up front and know how/where those are tracked/managed. In my thinking, you can make a rule, but if you don't keep track of it and enforce it, then it becomes just a suggestion. I have 2 cities: one in a very casual FS with few rules and one in a Gold Spire/10chest FS where things are more organized. I enjoy both!

Gkyr

Chef
They have not yet provided the necessary information for interested FS's to keep track of their progress towards their Spire goals.
I can see everyone's progress on the graphic sidebar. Sure, it is more analog but the values are there. If I were interested in opining on some FS mate's relative worth, it is right there.
For those who think it is too evanescent or inconvenient for some Archmage to access, I do not know how to respond.
@Lelanya , I have a lot of respect for your experience, including your AM experience. How could the existing analog sidebar not tell you if someone is beginning or finishing a section at Spire's end?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I can see everyone's progress on the graphic sidebar.
No, you can't- not after the spire is over.
If I were interested in opining on some FS mate's relative worth, it is right there..... How could the existing analog sidebar not tell you if someone is beginning or finishing a section at Spire's end?
That information could change right up to the last minute, so this suggestion would allow for the AM to check it later instead of having to be online.
Also, many AMs play on multiple servers, so recording at the last second on 3-4 cities is ridiculous.