• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Sorcerers' Homecoming discussion

Iyapo1

@crackie

Yes. And the CC relics yes. The relic shift in the tournaments will cost me 120 of each CC relic per 9 week cycle because I pushed harder on my CC relic weeks. I can not sustain push week effort across a 9 week cycle.

It just so happens that this building will supply me with the equivalent of 126 of each CC relic over a 9 week cycle. Which let's me craft on unhindered.

This is a must have for me.

Last edited:

Vigali

I have to say, I'm pretty excited about the new set building. I definitely understand folks not being enamored with it providing T1 goods (especially folks in later chapters), but it seems to me that the sheer quantity we're getting provides a boatload of value -- especially for anyone who's not using 100% Magic residences.

My numbers for Ch15 are telling me that the fully linked set will provide 217 squares of value, compared to a cost of 42.5 squares.

T1 Goods: The set should replace 1.675 T1 manufactories; my spreadsheet has a T1 manufactory fully leveled for Ch15 at costing 89.26 squares (note: I only have 1 magic res and 2 magic WS, so your numbers may differ from mine), and 89.26 * 1.675 = 149.5 squares. Personally, I may drop 2 T1 manufactories (because I have an overproduction as it is).

Population: The set gives 8670 pop, or 1.85 fully-leveled Ch15 residences, or 32.67 squares of value.

Culture: The culture provided is worth 2.17 Ch15 Lava Codexes, or 8.68 squares of value.

Mana: The set is worth 2.93 Ch15 Mana Sawmills, or 26.37 squares of value.

CC's/Relics: I didn't even attribute a value here, so this is just bonus awesome.

Overall while this ends up being a very big building, I think it will save me enough space that it will be easier to add some more sentient goods + seeds production, which should make Ch15 a bit less of a slog!

ElfGunn

There are 7 total pieces. All of them are available in the event. If you do REALLY well in the event, it is possible to win more than 1 of some pieces in the event. No, you can't evolve it. Sets and evolving buildings are totally different. As far as daily prizes, it depends on what you are looking for. What are your priorities?

Thanks for the info Henroo. I am pragmatic, fighting and catering to best advantage. I'm 2/3 through Orcs, so looking forward to mana.

Vigali

Does anyone have any particularly strong opinions about the new Active Crevice building?

It looks to me like there's a lot of value there. I haven't done all the math, but it seems that it costs ~5.72 Ch15 Festival Merchants to run a lvl 31 T1 sentient manufactory; those Festival Merchants cost 77 squares, and the manufactory itself costs 89 squares, for a total cost of 166 squares. This doesn't take any AW or spell boosts into consideration, but to replace the production that would require 11 of the Active Crevices, which would take 115.5 squares.

Anyone plan on doing this?

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Thanks for the info Henroo. I am pragmatic, fighting and catering to best advantage. I'm 2/3 through Orcs, so looking forward to mana.
There are not any truly good mana producers in the daily prizes for this event. The best available one I see is Hungry Treasure, which is available on day 8 and day 13. But it is the same size as a Festival Merchant and does not produce as much mana per hour. In the long run you would be better off crafting Festival Merchants every single time you see them once you reach Woodelves. This is what I did in Woodelves for mana. Well, actually I placed multiple Weeping Willows to start and then replaced the WWs with FMs as they became available. However, if you can get to WE level before the Hungry Treasure is offered, you might want to win some to jumpstart your mana production. Depending on your luck on crafting options, it can take awhile to get a good supply of Festival Merchants.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@Henroo Festival Merchants for mana were useless to all of us already past chapter 10 before they were added to the game. ;)

For a comparison to something available to everyone. A Hungry Treasure is just slightly worse than a Mana Sawmill for mana per square per hour.
Well yes, a ch10 Festival Merchant is going to be useless to a high level player. But for a player who is just entering Woodelves now, it one of the most efficient mana producers. For that matter, a ch 10 Festival Merchant is still more efficient per square per hour than a ch 11 Mana Sawmill. Mana Sawmill does not surpass FM in per square per hour output until you reach ch 12.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Is there a way for a "view only" person to see *when* the last edit took place (ideally per tab, not just whole file)?
I refresh it but it would be nice to see right away if the last edit was before my refresh so I don't have to look too closely to see what might be different...

There were no mid-Beta quest or building adjustments this time around, so unless something comes up different in Live, to surprise us all, you should be good. The only unknown until the event starts tomorrow will be the currency values, since Beta had that supposed "glitch" that somehow dropped the value of everything at the end.

Aritra

There were no mid-Beta quest or building adjustments this time around, so unless something comes up different in Live, to surprise us all, you should be good. The only unknown until the event starts tomorrow will be the currency values, since Beta had that supposed "glitch" that somehow dropped the value of everything at the end.
I hope they fixed 36a, though...

NightshadeCS

I think you can only see when the entire sheet was edited (not tabs), which is displayed near the top. I believe TomatoeHu would have to turn on change tracking to be able to see exactly what is changed when, or add a tab where she lists the changes in a changelog.

Google Sheet Updating.jpg

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Is there a way for a "view only" person to see *when* the last edit took place
Just the whole sheet I'm afraid. :confused:
Some time in the next 24h we'll see the final daily quest and after that there shouldn't be any more updates.
I hope they fixed 36a, though...
I'd imagine they'll fix it since they have fixed the exact same mistake for previous events at least 2 other times.

Aritra

@NightshadeCS @SoggyShorts
For some reason the last edit line is missing from mine. Should be the same having followed that link.
I was expecting to see it there because we use GoogleSheets for work and that's how I check my schedule (and see if any changes since the last time I checked). But I'm not hugely familiar with it, though I do have editing ability there (so I thought maybe the "view only" status was the difference... until I saw Nightshade's pic, so, I don't know)

Aritra

I have my fingers crossed on this one. I took my time on this event on Beta, and that quest still didn't have the 'Spend 15 option'. It's sad because there wasn't a whole big batch of Spell Fragment quests.
I'm not sad (unless I misunderstood you). I have a chapter two city and I have been concerned about frags and encounters. We'll see how it goes...

NightshadeCS

@NightshadeCS @SoggyShorts
For some reason the last edit line is missing from mine. Should be the same having followed that link.
I was expecting to see it there because we use GoogleSheets for work and that's how I check my schedule (and see if any changes since the last time I checked). But I'm not hugely familiar with it, though I do have editing ability there (so I thought maybe the "view only" status was the difference... until I saw Nightshade's pic, so, I don't know)
I just refreshed my sheet and that line disappears. I think you can actually only see edits up there while you are logged in and have the sheet open without refreshing (it auto-updates when someone makes a change, so you should not have to refresh while looking at it unless you are offline). Same is true if I go to File-->Document Details. It clears out what previously showed for the latest edits.

Aritra

I just refreshed my sheet and that line disappears. I think you can actually only see edits up there while you are logged in and have the sheet open without refreshing (it auto-updates when someone makes a change, so you should not have to refresh while looking at it unless you are offline). Same is true if I go to File-->Document Details. It clears out what previously showed for the latest edits.
I followed the link and it opened in a new tab. And I just leave it there and hit the refresh icon on browser to reload it (theoretically replacing it with current, whether changed or not). Because it updates in real-time, it shouldn't be necessary, but I've done that periodically with my schedule just in case there was a glitch and the change didn't change that last edit line (as far as I know, this doesn't interfere with anything, just theoretically unnecessary). When looking for that edit line here, I closed the tab and refollowed the link anew and no difference. Mine indicates not available offline (so its online), no loss in internet connection, not closed. When I went to DocDetails, it shows me created on date but nothing else.

I think it's odd and an unsolved mystery, but we don't need to hash it out here and clutter the thread. Thanks for your help in trying to figure it out.