• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Sorcerers' Homecoming discussion

Gladiola

In looking at the daily prizes, as a player who is far away from needing mana, am I right in perceiving the daily buildings as being kind of underwhelming? I'd like to be able to update my pop/culture and culture buildings that I got in the last event (Blossom Light Post and Fairy Sand Garden) but I don't see anything that seems like it's as good, even in chapter 5 vs. chapter 4. The best of the lot might be Body Transmutation. Am I missing something? What do others look forward to as the best prizes?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Depends on whether you want more pop or more culture from your buildings, or a balance. Body Transmutation is too low on pop for me to want it. Wizard Spell Shop is another low pop, high culture building. Copper Dragon is a good balanced building, and it is a dragon. Unexpected Morning is another balanced one. The one thing this event is missing is a high pop, low culture hybrid building. Those are the ones I usually look for, because tons of culture is not that important to me in the later chapters.

DeletedUser27062

wow. that is.... I don't even know the words for it. :eek: haha
I know right! It is revolting! Actually, it reminds me of this date I was on once where the dude leaned in to give me what I thought was going to be a kiss on the cheek but instead he licked my face *shudders*. It was so gross I excused myself and left lol

DeletedUser27062

In looking at the daily prizes, as a player who is far away from needing mana, am I right in perceiving the daily buildings as being kind of underwhelming? I'd like to be able to update my pop/culture and culture buildings that I got in the last event (Blossom Light Post and Fairy Sand Garden) but I don't see anything that seems like it's as good, even in chapter 5 vs. chapter 4. The best of the lot might be Body Transmutation. Am I missing something? What do others look forward to as the best prizes?
None of them are great imo. I like the look of the wizard shop but really everything is kind of underwhelming as you said.

DeletedUser27062

Only 35 scrolls for the daily event login and 35 for finishing a quest. In beta it was 45 for the login and quests started at 40 scrolls. Glitch or intentional?
Intentional. They've also cut the amount of scrolls they give for quest milestone - down from 250 to 200

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Also known as a Mimic in the Dungeons & Dragons games. Also known as The Luggage in the Discworld novels. Also appearing in many video games as monsters that look like treasure chests, so they can attack adventurers who think they are real chests.
Yup that's why I wanted one. But the actual item is pretty disgusting.

The Unbeliever

Also known as a Mimic in the Dungeons & Dragons games. Also known as The Luggage in the Discworld novels. Also appearing in many video games as monsters that look like treasure chests, so they can attack adventurers who think they are real chests.
Yup that's why I wanted one. But the actual item is pretty disgusting.
...well, their "proper" names according to Dragon Quest would be;
1. Cannibox
- kinda annoying, can cast the spell 'Whack' which has a low'ish chance of auto-killing 1 party member

2. Mimic
- seriously annoying, can cast the spell 'Thwack' which hits ALL active party members with a potential instant-kill. also has super high crit rates.

3. Pandora's Box
- rage-quit inducing enemy that can cast the spell 'Kathwack' which hits ALL active party members and has a high chance of auto-killing, even despite equipment that reduces the chances of auto-kills.
...also has stupidly high stats, and depending on the which title in the series, it can make multiple actions per battle round, hence the typical outcome involving lots of swearing, flying controllers & a lightning-quick resetting of the game! :p

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
To which inno promptly replied"
"Halte mein Bier..."

I'm thinking more like a child we saw at Berchtesgaden yelling "Nein, Nein, Nein..." Didn't need a translator for that :D

It wouldn't surprise me at all if it is unacceptable to Elvenar for the majority of players to get all the grand prizes for free. I've always had the impression that a good portion of their revenue comes from events.