• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Finding a FS that fits

NightshadeCS

You can try checking elvenstats.com to see the makeup of boosted goods in various fellowships, thereby finding one that needs what you have to offer. That should only be your starting point, though. I find a direct message to the archmage and/or mages can not only get you the information you are interested in, but also increases the chance that you will be accepted into that group if you apply.

StarLoad

The reality is that with 24 other members there is a greater likelihood that your boosted goods will fit just about everywhere. I would consider your sentient boosts and your level to be a more important "match up"

Gath Of Baal

I think just as or even more important is to find a fellowship that has the same game goals as yourself.

Joining a fellowship based off what your boosts are and what that fellowship needs is ok but realistically if you join any good fellowship that has higher level players in it even if they have the same boosts as you, your trades will still always be taken, unless you join an all low level fellowship were everyone is struggling to trade in the first place.

Finding a good fellowship that is active and has the same goals as yourself is probably a better choice then trying to find one that needs your boosts. If you like doing the Tournament, Spire and Fellowship Adventures but the fellowship you join needs your boosts but doesn't meet the other needs just means you will be looking for another fellowship in the future

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Most important is to make sure when you use elvenstats.com to look up fellowships, as mentioned, to understand how that website shows inactive players. Then you can make sure to not try and join a fellowship that has an Archmage who no longer plays the game, or where the majority of members have quit playing. You could find what you think is the perfect fellowship for boosts and similar levels and all that, only to find 15 or 20 members, or even all 20 members, have quit playing. And some of these fellowships will even have active Archmages, because some people just won't dump the dead weight and try to find new members.

Gladiola

There are good responses so far! You can post in the Members Seeking Fellowships section what your boosts are to see if there are fellowships looking for people with those boosts. As others have said, activity level of a fellowship is probably as important as boosted goods. It doesn't help if people have complementary boosts to you if no one is picking up your trades or offering trades. Before joining a fellowship, check out other players' cities. If many of them have a lot of non-boosted factories or lots of traveling merchants, that could be a warning sign that they are not able to get the goods they need through trade in their fellowship.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I think just as or even more important is to find a fellowship that has the same game goals as yourself.
This.

I couldn't care less what a players boosts are, especially newer players.
i.e. If I have 10,000,000 of each resource(and I do) it kinda doesn't matter if you are making 100 marble or 100 steel per day, I'll take whatever trades you post.

What matters to us in no particular order are
  • Your spire goals
  • Your tournament goals
  • Your personality.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
The reality is that with 24 other members there is a greater likelihood that your boosted goods will fit just about everywhere. I would consider your sentient boosts and your level to be a more important "match up"

If your boosts match then your sentients will also.
You are boosted in Steel they don't have many Steel producers so you fill a hole.
If you are boosted in Steel then your sentient is Gum. Obviously they don't have many Gum producers.

tl:dr your advice makes no sense

Also: What Soggy said

StarLoad

If your boosts match then your sentients will also.
You are boosted in Steel they don't have many Steel producers so you fill a hole.
If you are boosted in Steel then your sentient is Gum. Obviously they don't have many Gum producers.
Actually the issue is more about what sentient boost you have and not the standard good.
On Arendyll your sentient boost of bismuth and soap is common and not as helpful as it would for Shrooms.
On Elcy your boost of bismuth is worth crap and shrooms is better but Soap is liquid gold.
On Khel your boost of bismuth is common and soap and Shrooms are of great value.

So my point of the standard goods boost not meaning much and the sentient good boost meaning more is factual. What soggy said is also true

Gladiola

@ed1960 I hear your reasoning, but a new player will likely take at least six months or more to get to where sentient goods become an issue. (At my current growth rate, I anticipate it will take me about 18 months.) By that time the composition of a fellowship will likely have changed substantially, as well as potentially the balance of sentient goods on any particular world. Long-term planning is a good thing, but getting too specific for plans more than a few months ahead in a game like this may not be effective. In a year when I might start making sentient goods, there may be event buildings that produce everything or a whole new way of trading.

Also, unless your soap is liquid soap, wouldn't it be solid gold? ;)

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@ed1960 I hear your reasoning, but a new player will likely take at least six months or more to get to where sentient goods become an issue. (At my current growth rate, I anticipate it will take me about 18 months.)
I am not sure if it is possible to start a new city and reach Elementals within 6 months. Unless you spend massive amounts of diamonds. I did it in slightly over 12 months in my first city and I move through chapters at a very rapid pace. I did have to learn the game and I was in a starter FS (which I ended up helping grow to 10 chest status). Knowing what I now know and if I joined a top FS from the get-go, it might be possible to shave 1 or 2 months off that time. But I don't think I could do it any quicker than that.

Gladiola

@Henroo your comment reinforces my point, which is that planning that far ahead based on current playerbase and trading conditions is not wise.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Back when there was only 14 or 15 chapters, @MinMax Gamer did a sort of speed run, and I think he managed to get through all the chapters in about 12 months or a little less.

I know in my Beta city, it took me 12 months to the day, to go from starting chapter 1 to finishing chapter 12. I moved quickly, but did not push super hard, so I would say averaging one month per chapter, through chapter 14, is a good speed for someone ignoring the story quests and who can get a consistent supply of time instants and portal profits. After that, Inno made some changes to the guest races that make it take longer, no matter what your supply of various boosts looks like.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
After that, Inno made some changes to the guest races that make it take longer, no matter what your supply of various boosts looks like.
I also think players in chapters 3, 4 and 5 no longer win Portal Profits at all in the Spire. Instead they now get supply and coin instants. While this might help a casual player, it would actually hurt a player trying to make a speed run through the chapters, because it would take them a little longer to start stockpiling PPs.

StarLoad

@ed1960 I hear your reasoning, but a new player will likely take at least six months or more to get to where sentient goods become an issue. (At my current growth rate, I anticipate it will take me about 18 months.) By that time the composition of a fellowship will likely have changed substantially, as well as potentially the balance of sentient goods on any particular world. Long-term planning is a good thing, but getting too specific for plans more than a few months ahead in a game like this may not be effective. In a year when I might start making sentient goods, there may be event buildings that produce everything or a whole new way of trading.

Also, unless your soap is liquid soap, wouldn't it be solid gold? ;)
While it may be 6 to 12 months for a player to reach sentient goods, I did make it clear that the level of the player "and" Sentient boost to be more important.
In this case, the OP seems to be in chapter 5 no matter which server ( all are around 22K score ) so I did look at the issue with a forward approach, maybe too far but it was my first reaction to the question.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I spoke to someone fairly recently who did in in 3 months. My best guess is $5,000-$6,000 USD.
If Inno let us sell in game assets for real world money, I would TOTALLY let both of my ch 15 cities and my ch 14 (will enter 15 this weekend) cities go for $6,000 each! I can start anew and build again. Hell, at those prices I could quit my regular job, start playing all 8 worlds and become a professional Elvenar player. ;)

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
If Inno let us sell in game assets for real world money
best2.png

Hell, at those prices I could quit my regular job, start playing all 8 worlds and become a professional Elvenar player. ;)
I actually was a professional runescape player at one point :p
Ran a "company" in-game and made more than I did bussing tables so I quit the restaurant.

defiantoneks

My feelings on the topic:

If you and your prospective FS members are all "young" the boosted materials are very important. If you're joining a FS with a wide range of player levels the boosts even out.

I would agree with and emphasize the style of play point. If you're a casual player and want to focus a lot on your game progress, dont join a team with required spire, FA and tourney achievements. Most FS will expect you to be active enough to visit at minimum 3-4 times a week so expect that (frankly if you're joining a FS visiting is really the point, unless you're a Slacker like me and we chat endlessly as well)

So, ask yourself how you want to spend your game time. Do you want to fiddle around, have fun, do things at whatever pace your life allows? Are you supercompetitive and want to battle everything to the highest level? I think you will be happier in the long term to be with a group of people with similar play styles and expectation. If theres a lot of performance pressure and you dont fit in, or vice versa, no one will be happy.