• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Sorcerers' Homecoming discussion

Gladiola

Traditionally the Olympics was limited to amateur athletes (although that has eroded especially with MLB and NBA players in baseball and basketball). Almost all competitive gymnasts are theoretically amateurs, as are ice skaters. (Professionals may compete in certain ice skating events, but not in world championships or Olympics.) College sports also would be considered to be amateur. In the United States traditionally the distinction that has made someone a professional is that they get paid.

StarLoad

Well I have 6 of the 7 set bldgs and just need the bldg at quest 38 the Manor Enterance bldg to finish it and I need the T1 production to keep up with the repetitive produce xx,xxx of standard goods in a group of 4 quests 3 are asking for standard goods. I did spend $ at the start to gain a jump on the scrolls.

Gladiola

I strategically unleashed several MM spells and managed to get those 3 done in one day (first 9-hour collection took care of the first one, then second and third 3-hour collections accomplished the second, the last 3-hour collection halfway finished the final one).

StarLoad

I strategically unleashed several MM spells and managed to get those 3 done in one day (first 9-hour collection took care of the first one, then second and third 3-hour collections accomplished the second, the last 3-hour collection halfway finished the final one).
Unfortunately, for me I have all my non-sentient MFG teleported out to inventory. I use the evolving bldg and set bldgs for all my standard goods needs.

tiG23

[QUOTE="Enevhar Aldarion, post: 218561, member: 5510"

I think Inno was only going for Amateur only meaning non-professional. And someone who only does something as a Hobby is going to be worse at it than an Amateur.
[/QUOTE]
In any art or craft that is backwards. Hobbyists work hard, study and practice, just don't get paid for it. Like players, in games.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
In any art or craft that is backwards. Hobbyists work hard, study and practice, just don't get paid for it. Like players, in games.

Tell that to Inno. Aside from them probably thinking sports when they chose the league names, to the average person, a hobbyist is someone who just does something on the weekends. An amateur is more dedicated to their hobby, but still not good enough to make money from it, and a professional, is just someone who can make money from whatever it is they are doing. Or to Inno, hobby is the most casual player, amateur players are better at the game, but still are not very focused or dedicated, and bronze, silver, and gold for the most dedicated/optimized/whatever players, up to including spending money and being in the game several hours a day, even at the odd hours that events end, just to make sure they get what they want.

Starr621

I'm just aiming to get a full set sticking to the 18 and 45 options if available as those have the least amount of scrolls and RNG needed to get staffs. As for the league prizes, well it's a nice additional reward that you get for your efforts. Sure the higher leagues are enticing but there's better things to spend premium on (like land expansions)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I'm just aiming to get a full set sticking to the 18 and 45 options if available as those have the least amount of scrolls and RNG needed to get staffs. As for the league prizes, well it's a nice additional reward that you get for your efforts. Sure the higher leagues are enticing but there's better things to spend premium on (like land expansions)

Just make sure you know there are two different beacons that cost 45. One has a chance to win extra knowledge and one does not.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
You know, the closer I inch towards gold, the further it moves away. Now I know what the horse and the carrot on a stick felt like. lol.
That's a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Everyone who is spending all of their currency now is pushing everyone else.
It's like an auction and players just keep bidding eachother up.
Just make sure you know there are two different beacons that cost 45. One has a chance to win extra knowledge and one does not.
Blue 45 is good green 45 is meh.

Starr621

Yes that is true. The one with the extra knowledge takes priority over the one without.
My priority list right now is: 18 - 45 w/scrolls - 45 wo/scrolls - 27 - 54 - 30 - 32 (avoiding 80 and 89 way too expensive and dependent on RNG)

StarLoad

Yes that is true. The one with the extra knowledge takes priority over the one without.
My priority list right now is: 18 - 45 w/scrolls - 45 wo/scrolls - 27 - 54 - 30 - 32 (avoiding 80 and 89 way too expensive and dependent on RNG)
I have done better with 18, 27, 45w/scroll if none of those the 80 or 89 and I have got quite a few +200 and two +300 in a row.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
80 is a good one to open, as that averages to basically 27 per staff, and if you hit the 300 knowledge even a couple of times, you are in good shape. I will open an 80 before I open a 27 or 54, since those three are all the same cost per staff.

I will not touch 30 or 32 or 89, unless there is no other choice. And since those three can never show up at the same time, there is always another choice over those.

Starr621

80 is a good one to open, as that averages to basically 27 per staff, and if you hit the 300 knowledge even a couple of times, you are in good shape. I will open an 80 before I open a 27 or 54, since those three are all the same cost per staff.

I will not touch 30 or 32 or 89, unless there is no other choice. And since those three can never show up at the same time, there is always another choice over those.

I can understand why the 80 is a good option since if you get the 300 scrolls then that puts you at a major advantage. The reason I'm avoiding it is because the rate is only 5% and as each consecutive failure happens, that probability doesn't change and it can be a major setback. As I said, it's heavily dependent on RNG so are you willing to go for it?
EDIT: It's an expensive option too so this gives you less opportunities for finding 18s or 45s.

I also look at it this way: As bad as the 30 and 32 rates are, if you are able to get an 18 or 45 on your next attempt, then the rate actually balances out (ex: 32 + 45 yields 3 staffs at 77 compared to 3 staffs at 80). And this is a very rare circumstance as the first 5 options I prioritized are not available.

Huor

That's a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Everyone who is spending all of their currency now is pushing everyone else.
It's like an auction and players just keep bidding eachother up.

Very true. I'm just playing the game via the quests hoping for a full set and any extra goodies I can get from the league will be fine by me. Extra prize wise, the wishing well (never had one) at the end of the quest line seems the best to me.