• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Sorcerers' Homecoming discussion

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
say an average of 25, between the 18, 27, 45, 54, and 80. That is 500 per grand prize.
13x500=6,500

3800 from main quests (4226 * 0.9)
22 * 35 = 770 (dailies)
22 * 24 = 528 (collections assuming missing a few but also getting some 2s&3s ?)
------

That's 3 grand prizes short of a full set.
Let's try it in reverse:
5,100 currency
13 grand prizes
=392 per GP
=19.61 per staff.

That's not super likely. I think @pauly7 was right about 60% of players coming up short.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
13x500=6,500

22 * 35 = 770 (dailies)
22 * 24 = 528 (collections assuming missing a few but also getting some 2s&3s ?)
------

Let's try it in reverse:
5,100 currency
13 grand prizes
=392 per GP
=19.61 per staff.

That's not super likely. I think @pauly7 was right about 60% of players coming up short.

I just added everything up for Beta and did the math and my cost per staff was about 22.75, or 301 staffs on about 6850 knowledge. Or 455 knowledge per grand prize. That is 5915 for 13 grand prizes. I opened all the 18 and 45-point beacons I could, but I opened a lot of the wrong 45 and hurt myself on potential currency wins. One extra 80 knowledge win and I would not have bought the 100 knowledge I did.

And don't forget a max evolve Ashen Phoenix still gets you an extra 110 knowledge, even after the drop in rewards, 1 point each for the first 40 quests and 2 each for the last 35. Plus the 100 from the newsletter. That makes about 5300 for Live, so winning a poor amount of just 600-700 extra knowledge will get you to the 5900-6000 needed for for a complete set, if you can keep your average per staff at 23 or less.

So, as usual, this is another "do you want the grand prizes or the daily prizes" decision.

OIM20

I was really enjoying it and excited to attack this... until I got to 36 and found out that I cannot go any further because I have to be able to invest in wonders. So ... yeah... can't get any further for several days until I am able to research that. :(
I might have made this up in a fever dream, but are you sure that it doesn't accept spending KP anywhere? I thought they fixed it but didn't fix the text.
I took it to mean @Eoyon is/was in chapter two and hadn't yet researched Ancient Wonders. Until you research it in the tech tree, you can't donate to anyone's AW. Something I'd forgotten until I opened my new city last week, tbh.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
don't forget a max evolve Ashen Phoenix still gets you an extra 110 knowledge
I don't think that's as common as you assume. Almost everyone who didn't have a fire from 2019 converted at least some artifacts. I even converted all of mine because the FA always made 9 artifacts a guarantee.
Plus the 100 from the newsletter.
For one city, so yeah many players will get that, but nowhere near all.
so winning a poor amount of just 600-700 extra knowledge
If focused on 18s and 45s I wouldn't call that a poor amount. I spent close to 10,000 currency and didn't win that many.

Edit: the 18s obviously cost 18, and the 45s 19.7&22.5 with the 80s in the middle at 21.67 (the rest are worse) and those numbers already include the winning of more currency, so hoping for a few hundred more might be wishful thinking.

I guess we'll have to wait and see, but I'm expecting some very negative feedback on this event.

Last edited:

DeletedUser28530

Just curious about something. If elvengems is correct about the daily quests, how do you reach the end of the story line? Even if you completed all the sequential quests on the first day, the game does not run long enough to complete the other 22 at one per day? I know I must be missing something. I did complete the fairy garden story line, but looking back at it on elvengems, I'm not sure how unless the sequential quests ran longer. I just don't remember. I suspect it's just best to play the game and not confuse myself. lol.
I quit worrying about finishing these things a long time ago. I quit wasting my earned awards to try to get new awards also. the new awards are always so weak compared to older ones, this game is one constant nerfing contest. everything new is greatly nerfed from older versions. in any other game, the prizes of this game would be considered " trash drops" in most games. Let us stay real, "2 kp" as a prize? if you feel the need to defend that, you need to look in the mirror and understand what a slave-mind looks like.

hvariidh gwendrot

for the "grand prizes" there are 5 pieces (1 to start and the 5th at end) and 2 advances for coin, kp and such in between for 13 advances .. previously you had 6 artifacts (! at start and 1 at end) with 1 advance between for a total of 10 advances ... so there are more advances to get the set than there were to get the evolve bldgs to stage 10 ... each takes the same effort as before so 13 is bigger than 10 unless there's a new new math out there

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
for the "grand prizes" there are 5 pieces (1 to start and the 5th at end) and 2 advances for coin, kp and such in between for 13 advances .. previously you had 6 artifacts (! at start and 1 at end) with 1 advance between for a total of 10 advances ... so there are more advances to get the set than there were to get the evolve bldgs to stage 10 ... each takes the same effort as before so 13 is bigger than 10 unless there's a new new math out there

Nope, there are 7 artifacts in grand prizes, not six, and two from milestone, for a total of nine. And a filler grand prize in between each artifact, for a total of 13.

MjrWrektum

I have 3 cities 2 human and 1 elf. after placing the first 2 builds of he homecoming set and collecting twice i noticed its only giving me the basic production goods and not the bonus goods for multiple set pieces. all my other sets are working just fine.

Torcuato

13x500=6,500

22 * 35 = 770 (dailies)
------

Let's try it in reverse:
5,100 currency
13 grand prizes
=392 per GP
=19.61 per staff.

Where do you get the 4226? My rewards is less than what elven gems says. 1 of the last 22 quest. My reward is 56 instead of the 63 elven gems says. I'm very active player, complete all 75 quests, daily log and get if not all more than 90% of the ones around the map. So far I've got all the buildings from events to level 10, but it seems it's not happening this time. Developers changing strategy?
Thanks

Dreamyn2

Buddy Fan Club member
So far I've got all the buildings from events to level 10, but it seems it's not happening this time. Developers changing strategy?

Exactly!
Elvengems shows the information from the beta version. The Live version is often different than Beta.

“Please keep in mind that there can always be differences in event layouts, balancing and prizes between Beta and Live release.”

Inno has reduced the currency amounts given in the Live version compared to Beta. So far the quest order has been the same.

Torcuato

Exactly!
Elvengems shows the information from the beta version. The Live version is often different than Beta.

“Please keep in mind that there can always be differences in event layouts, balancing and prizes between Beta and Live release.”

Inno has reduced the currency amounts given in the Live version compared to Beta. So far the quest order has been the same.
I keep seeing people writing about getting 4226 for all 75 quests, and I think some are calculating those for the Live world. I was not sure I was affected by a glitch.
Thanks

Iyapo1

So far I've got all the buildings from events to level 10, but it seems it's not happening this time.
Keep in mind, even though this is a seven piece set you only need six pieces to get the link bonuses. So if you fall short and dont get the last building(steel producing Forge) the set still works.

Torcuato

Keep in mind, even though this is a seven piece set you only need six pieces to get the link bonuses. So if you fall short and dont get the last building(steel producing Forge) the set still works.
Thanks lyapo. I guess I am more interested in the extra steel than the tree entrance. oh well, first world problems ; )