• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Sorcerers' Homecoming discussion

Huor

I'm working on the forge also and as hard as I have worked to try and finish the set, I can't imagine not making a nice home for it! I've been in gold on my world for some time, but that won't last much longer. On the bright side, at least I won't have to wait for the last day snipers to meet my demise. lol!

Torcuato

I thought it was OK until the leveling up parameters started changing every few hours. I've been up and down between Amateur and Bronze at least 5 times now and am at the point of not playing. It's frustrating and plainly not fair to change the game as people are playing it.
Ruwyna, I think the problem is trying to rank. It's not just about what you do, but it depends on others as well, much like tournaments. Youth can do the rounds as soon as tournament opens and be close to the top and then as people do their rounds, reality hits you. Besides, keep in mind that it seems some people are holding until the end to see if they can get into gold or not, and then throw their scrolls, so the ranking you see now is pretty useless. : /

Torcuato

I played all my scrolls in all 3 of my cities. I wanted the active crevice. I got 10, 16, and 19. Placed silver league in all cities. The only help I am using is the ashen phoenix. I have spent no diamonds. I am 1 building away from a complete set in 2 cities and 2 buildings away in the third, although I am close on the one building. I used mostly 18, 45, 80, and 89 on my building selection. I got more daily prizes using the 45 over 89 and went farther along using 89 over 45. Apparently, the extra spell scrolls helped out. More daily prizes using 45? More guesses? I selected 18 whenever it came up.
Thanks for this, hopefully we can replicate ; )

Grid Gypsy

Great, solve 10 encounters or 10 tournament encounters 6+ hours after the tournament ends. Not like I wasn't already over scouted because of these, what's a few more? How about a set time per day for dailies to open, instead of 24 hours after I finish the fracking thing. If I wasn't down to working on the forge I'd delete the others and throw up my hands. Guess what Inno? The best way to get me to NOT spend money is to try to force me to spend money. :rolleyes:

BrinDarby

Great, solve 10 encounters or 10 tournament encounters 6+ hours after the tournament ends. Not like I wasn't already over scouted because of these, what's a few more? How about a set time per day for dailies to open, instead of 24 hours after I finish the fracking thing. If I wasn't down to working on the forge I'd delete the others and throw up my hands. Guess what Inno? The best way to get me to NOT spend money is to try to force me to spend money. :rolleyes:

Wait till the 2 days that want Spire Encounters and the last Tourn encounters... 17,18 & 21
(70,71 & 74 respectfully) both are just as ill placed as todays task is .... I'm just gonna wait till
tuesday for this task, I can catch up again after complete'n today's, then ......

Grid Gypsy

There already is a set time, the beginning of the new game day. If you are completely caught up on the quests, then when the new day starts, you get a new quest unlock. It is also the same time the daily prize changes.

I just completed my next quest and looked at the game clock, 17 hours and change so you are correct. I guess I finished my last one at the same time the clock rolled over yesterday because I had to wait a full 24 hours for this one to open. Still, the waiting gets tiresome. I'm in the habit of getting the pieces I want/need before dailies start and don't mind them then.

BrinDarby

@Grid Gypsy ,
Every event... the last 22 or so tasks are "locked".....
each day 1 opens, so if takes you 8 days to get
to those daily tasks, the 1st 8 will already be open.

You have to learn, if there's a daily deep in the list
you need/want.... ya gotta save currency, cause you
cannot just burn thru 8 tasks to get more , that deep
into the event.... ya only get 1 per day.....lol

Legolas59

Ruwyna, I think the problem is trying to rank. It's not just about what you do, but it depends on others as well, much like tournaments. Youth can do the rounds as soon as tournament opens and be close to the top and then as people do their rounds, reality hits you. Besides, keep in mind that it seems some people are holding until the end to see if they can get into gold or not, and then throw their scrolls, so the ranking you see now is pretty useless. : /
I agree, the event is unfair to those of us that do not spend money to play free games online. I busted my rear and Finally hit Silver League only to be knocked back down to Bronze next day and now Silver is getting further and further out of reach. League requirement need to be re-evaluated and should be set in stone, not based on all players progress. If players are spending lots of money to buy Diamonds and then turn around and buy more Sorcerers Knowledge how is that fair to the rest of us?

Iyapo1

the event is unfair to those of us that do not spend money to play free games online.
If players are spending lots of money to buy Diamonds and then turn around and buy more Sorcerers Knowledge how is that fair to the rest of us?
If players grind diamonds out of the Magic Academy and Spire and save up those diamonds to buy more Sorcerer's Knowledge....is that equally unfair? I mean you dont want to grind so why should players that do grind get anything good?

What players spend diamonds on....and how they got their diamonds is nobody else's business.

Having said that, I actually agree that the leagues should be locked and they are, one hour before the event ends. Which hits at around 2a.m. for me. It sucks but I will be there to spend should I choose to do so.

I absolutely will not get into a spending competition, once it locks I will decide how bad I want it.

Last edited:

Grid Gypsy

@Grid Gypsy ,
Every event... the last 22 or so tasks are "locked".....
each day 1 opens, so if takes you 8 days to get
to those daily tasks, the 1st 8 will already be open.

You have to learn, if there's a daily deep in the list
you need/want.... ya gotta save currency, cause you
cannot just burn thru 8 tasks to get more , that deep
into the event.... ya only get 1 per day.....lol

Ah, makes sense. All the other events I was mainly concentrated on particular daily buildings and evolves. I would do the quests but not "play" for days at a time and just stockpile those points for the days I wanted something. This go round I've mainly been after grands instead. This is also the first time since I started that Inno has spread the needed pieces out to every third instead of every other, which also slows it to a grind.

Torcuato

I agree, the event is unfair to those of us that do not spend money to play free games online. I busted my rear and Finally hit Silver League only to be knocked back down to Bronze next day and now Silver is getting further and further out of reach. League requirement need to be re-evaluated and should be set in stone, not based on all players progress. If players are spending lots of money to buy Diamonds and then turn around and buy more Sorcerers Knowledge how is that fair to the rest of us?
hi Legolas,
I see your point, but again without people buying diamonds there would be no game for anyone. ; ) So I think it's fair that people spending money get extra things. If that extra thing is only ranking, I doubt there would be a lot of spending.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
If players grind diamonds out of the Magic Academy and Spire and save up those diamonds to buy more Sorcerer's Knowledge....is that equally unfair? I mean you dont want to grind so why should players that do grind get anything good?

Yep, here is an example for those other players. When we got the last expansion sale, I got one expansion at the discounted price of 6300 diamonds. Over 5000 of those were earned free from the game. The rest came from spending my normal small amount, just as an appreciation for the game, when I got my last 100% extra diamonds offer. And I do that about once every three or four months, so $20 worth of diamonds and about 20,000 free diamonds per year.

Torcuato

League requirements can't be set in stone if they are based on ranking, same as tournaments ranking. I would agree that active people completing all quests and getting things around the city should have a shot at the full set, 100%.

Aritra

League requirements can't be set in stone if they are based on ranking, same as tournaments ranking. I would agree that active people completing all quests and getting things around the city should have a shot at the full set, 100%.
To to affirm the ability for active players acquiring the full set... I have a brand(ish) new chapter 2 city, which is still on quest 51, and it has 5/7 of the set pieces. My chapter 10 city is quest-locked (quest 66) and has 6/7 set pieces. It's not done until it's done, but I'm optimistic that both cities will pull through.

Torcuato

To to affirm the ability for active players acquiring the full set... I have a brand(ish) new chapter 2 city, which is still on quest 51, and it has 5/7 of the set pieces. My chapter 10 city is quest-locked (quest 66) and has 6/7 set pieces. It's not done until it's done, but I'm optimistic that both cities will pull through.
did you spend any diamonds in the event? If not, how is that so many people got the math wrong? Still 1 piece to go might mean 3 grand prizes = 60 sticks... that is a lot.
I'm chp 8 and still have most of my sorcerers knowledge to use, so not sure where I will be standing.

Aritra

did you spend any diamonds in the event? If not, how is that so many people got the math wrong? Still 1 piece to go might mean 3 grand prizes = 60 sticks... that is a lot.
I'm chp 8 and still have most of my sorcerers knowledge to use, so not sure where I will be standing.
No diamonds/purchased currency. I have been diligent with collecting fallen currency. Nearly always, I chose the +3 option (which has best chances for both progression and bonus SKS. I did hit those bonuses a couple times, but I never tracked it at all. Because of the concerns voiced about the feasibility of getting all the pieces, I chose to pursue this event as plough-through, the end is the goal, without regard for the prizes (the alternative being to save the currency and spend the same amount, but have prizes be more likely what is wanted).

My general stress level demanded a more immediate gratification and signs of likely desired outcome (hence, spending as soon as I acquire what I need to take the next max steps. It is true that the multiple grand prizes between set prizes does cast a shadow of doubt there but I'm hoping for the best. It's going better than I feared, so I hope my luck sees this through. (I'm not interested in league stuff. I fall where I fall. Mine has been all about set acquisition because of the concerns/complaints here in the Forum about how it affects the uninterested player base.)

Rathoril

How many new accounts would have to be created and briefly played in the event to increase the amount of active players that get gold. Asking for a friend ;)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
How many new accounts would have to be created and briefly played in the event to increase the amount of active players that get gold. Asking for a friend ;)

Since the top 1%, plus some stragglers in the final hour, will finish in gold, that means 1 active player out of every 100.