• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Do you need mana for negotiations?

Torcuato

I have not been able to find an answer for this. I'm at the end of Chapter 8 and next ch. mana will show up. Will I need Mana to negotiate tournament/spire once I research into Chapter 9?
Thank you

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Yes, but for the Spire, new goods do not show up until the chapter after you start being able to make it. For the tournament, I can't remember if it will show up as soon as you are in chapter 9, or if is like the Spire and will not show up until chapter 10.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
No mana required yet in either Spire or tourney. Just orcs. Sitting at the end of 9 waiting for FA to start. Craft them Festival Merchants in MA!

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
What everyone else said. You'll need tons of mana, so craft the Festival Merchants before you're out of chapter 10, as Dreamyn said. At one point, I had 15 FMs out all producing mana (I saved space for them by not crafting any willows, which give less mana per square than FMs). Once I needed seeds instead of mana (when I got my dragon abbey leveled, the need for mana dropped off considerably), then I just replaced them with new seed producers from the MA, in order to save my restorations. I have 10 seed producing FMs in my city right now, which helps to keep up with the insane seed needs in Constructs.

ElfGunn

What everyone else said. You'll need tons of mana, so craft the Festival Merchants before you're out of chapter 10, as Dreamyn said. At one point, I had 15 FMs out all producing mana (I saved space for them by not crafting any willows, which give less mana per square than FMs). Once I needed seeds instead of mana (when I got my dragon abbey leveled, the need for mana dropped off considerably), then I just replaced them with new seed producers from the MA, in order to save my restorations. I have 10 seed producing FMs in my city right now, which helps to keep up with the insane seed needs in Constructs.

Is there any downside to replacing Willows with FMs for mana? I've got 7 Willows and 3 FMs atm, but I robbed the space for the FMs from what I was saving for the portal and manus. If there's no downside, I will replace Willows with FMs. So far, I'm producing more than enough mana to pay for technologies and other expenses.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Is there any downside to replacing Willows with FMs for mana? I've got 7 Willows and 3 FMs atm, but I robbed the space for the FMs from what I was saving for the portal and manus. If there's no downside, I will replace Willows with FMs. So far, I'm producing more than enough mana to pay for technologies and other expenses.
The only possible downside is that FMs will give you less culture than the Willows. If you are relying on those Willows for a lot of your culture you will take a hit there. But from a mana production standpoint, there is no downside. The FMs are straight up better at mana production. Also, from your post it sounds like you have not gotten the Woodelves settlement built yet. Once you get the guest race buildings in place they will require mana to work, so factor that into your planning.

Last edited:

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
What Henroo said. The only downside is less culture. But almost everyone can fit an extra 1 square or 2 square culture building in the nooks and crannies for extra culture, if they need it. Or else just upgrade streets. I usually keep my culture above 160, so I didn't miss it.