• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

League Silver Gold World Chart

Deleted User - 1178646

looks like it takes some time for the rewards to be distributed

HeroJAY1

To be clear, players set the bar, not the game developers.
If the top 1% get a score of 300 then you need 300 to be in the top 1%
If the top 1% get a score of 500 then you need 500 to be in the top 1%

It's like an auction.
since you are trying to be clear. How many employee's play this game? How many of them are driving that 1% up? Years ago I was a tester for a different game. I was one of many. I had unlimited everything.

BrinDarby

by the looks of it ( from players ) Epic fail for event....
224 was the highest for bronze league cutoff ...
even with the loss of 450ish in currency, 20% didnt get whole set.

The Unbeliever

Leagues here in Elvenar are going to be far more skewed & swingy since we get extra currencies in many of the chests, which will completely flip the results on their head.

In FoE where the league format originated, you only get the bonus e-mail + random incidents around your city. While the incidents *can* be swingy in nature due to the RNG, it's not nearly as huge of a gap, and active daily players will typically average out enough incident currencies to grab an extra grand prize.
This means that even FtP players, provided they are highly active for the full event, can typically finish in Silver league.

Of course in Elvenar, your league finish now will likely depend almost entirely on how RNG-blessed/screwed you get opening up chests, etc...

My K-world city for example managed about 800 extra currency and made it through the Forge + 11 staffs into the next GP before I went diamond crazy. That actually landed me just into Silver league.
My E-world city though? Made only 360 extra currency from the chests, and fell about 11 staffs short of the Forge and was middle of the pack in Bronze league.

So yes, my main fear about leagues here was true, and your finish will depend entirely on winning bonus currencies vs. actually being more active & better at playing the game than the guy next to you.

Deleted User - 1178646

Leagues here in Elvenar are going to be far more skewed & swingy since we get extra currencies in many of the chests, which will completely flip the results on their head.

In FoE where the league format originated, you only get the bonus e-mail + random incidents around your city. While the incidents *can* be swingy in nature due to the RNG, it's not nearly as huge of a gap, and active daily players will typically average out enough incident currencies to grab an extra grand prize.
This means that even FtP players, provided they are highly active for the full event, can typically finish in Silver league.

Of course in Elvenar, your league finish now will likely depend almost entirely on how RNG-blessed/screwed you get opening up chests, etc...

My K-world city for example managed about 800 extra currency and made it through the Forge + 11 staffs into the next GP before I went diamond crazy. That actually landed me just into Silver league.
My E-world city though? Made only 360 extra currency from the chests, and fell about 11 staffs short of the Forge and was middle of the pack in Bronze league.

So yes, my main fear about leagues here was true, and your finish will depend entirely on winning bonus currencies vs. actually being more active & better at playing the game than the guy next to you.
Ain't silver league 5% of the population? doesnt that just mean that more FoE players are less active than the elvenar players?
Because silver has nothing to do with if you are active or not, 5% is 5%.

So my conslusion would be that there are more 1 time per day login players in FoE than in elvenar.

Huor

I bet the league process gets changed up as time goes on. It is the first run at it in this game and you gotta start somewhere.

CrusaderMichael

meanwhile you can hear only crickets chirping... and will for a long time before these turtle paced inno devs even open their mouths on the subject of this RNG League crap. I can barely stomach this game right now.

So my conslusion would be that there are more 1 time per day login players in FoE than in elvenar.

Ummm, no. He's saying that FoE isn't infused with RNG garbage to the point in FoE you will do everything and almost for sure get top prizes as opposed to having to struggle sometimes here just to get a full set even.

Bonus currency in Elvenar should not decide whether you are 3rd or 2nd or in some bad cases whether you can even have a full set.

The swings of randomness are so great in Elvenar they literally defeat the purpose of actually participating in all the quests in some cases.

3rd place in Elvenar can mean "did all quests and didn't gamble away lose your currency"... and 3rd place can also mean "i didn't even bother to do all the quests and reached the bottom of Bronze".

Who devs a game to lump both types of players in to the same damn reward slot?

You can't even take pride in getting 1st spot... you can only say "i got lucky, gee, i'm so skillful".

Do I want to play a game where every month or so i'm forced to deal with this random garbage and get lumped up with the partial active players in rewards?

No. I'm only continuing to play because i hope INNO changes this garbage setup soon.

But turtles walk pretty slow... maybe too slow to bother with.

I'll give it a little time.

(insert cricket chirping sounds)

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
since you are trying to be clear. How many employee's play this game? How many of them are driving that 1% up?
Almost certainly no more than 1 or 2 in the top 5% per server, if any.
Time and time again we've had to explain basic mechanics and issues to the developers that an employee would have brought up long ago if there were any who played in a serious way.
Also, from what I've heard from others the scores are pretty much the same everywhere and there are 20+ regions aside from the US. I don't think inno has enough multi-lingual employees to influence the score even if they all played at a serious level.

Players are perfectly capable of doing this to ourselves. If you go back through the thread many players openly stated in the first few days that they had spent money already and were pushing into Gold.

Guurt The Destroyer

You can't even take pride in getting 1st spot... you can only say "i got lucky, gee, i'm so skillful".

It is doubtful that anyone got into the Gold tier on luck alone. You would have had to have spent diamonds. I had great luck with free SK and I finished about 80 staffs away from Gold. The idea that someone got so lucky that they got 80 staffs more than me in free SK seems very unlikely. Maybe 1 or 2 people. I got 200 free SK around 5 times or 6 times, I would have needed to have hit that something like 10 more times. It could happen, but rare at best.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Well, I finished up in silver, and I didn't spend a single diamond. Over the course of the event, I won in chests maybe up to 500 currency, or very close around there. I got the complete set several days before the end, so that 500 was not the reason I earned the set. I would have just gotten it on a later day if I hadn't earned that currency. And of course, I think I picked up every single random drop around my city. I might have missed one or two due to sleeping but not more than that. I was in bed at 10 or a little after and up at 5, and it was the first and last thing I did. And I only went for 18s and 45s, and if I didn't get either, then I went for the 27s. Others told me no, you shouldn't go for the 27s because that's very slightly more per staff than the 80s (27 vs 26.5), but I disagreed with their math. If you can use just one 27 to get to a 45, then that's 72 currency for 3 staffs, not 80 for 3. If you can get to an 18, then it's even better. 9 times out of 10, you don't have to hit 27 twice in a row, but even if you did, a 27-27-18 is still better than 80 for three staffs. Even 27-27-45 is better per staff.

So that was my strategy, anyway, and I didn't waver from it no matter how good the dailies were. I think I'll use the strategy the next time around, unless they change things drastically. It worked for me. Now, I'm just trying to figure out if I even want the set in my city, and whether what I'd have to get rid of is more important. I am really not sure why I wanted it.

Huor

So that was my strategy, anyway, and I didn't waver from it no matter how good the dailies were.

I also played as if there were no daily prizes. Eyes only on the grand prize. I think in this event we may have had a path A, play for the dailies or path B, play for the grand prize choice. Based on all I have read here, kind of seems that way.

Starr621

Well, I finished up in silver, and I didn't spend a single diamond. Over the course of the event, I won in chests maybe up to 500 currency, or very close around there. I got the complete set several days before the end, so that 500 was not the reason I earned the set. I would have just gotten it on a later day if I hadn't earned that currency. And of course, I think I picked up every single random drop around my city. I might have missed one or two due to sleeping but not more than that. I was in bed at 10 or a little after and up at 5, and it was the first and last thing I did. And I only went for 18s and 45s, and if I didn't get either, then I went for the 27s. Others told me no, you shouldn't go for the 27s because that's very slightly more per staff than the 80s (27 vs 26.5), but I disagreed with their math. If you can use just one 27 to get to a 45, then that's 72 currency for 3 staffs, not 80 for 3. If you can get to an 18, then it's even better. 9 times out of 10, you don't have to hit 27 twice in a row, but even if you did, a 27-27-18 is still better than 80 for three staffs. Even 27-27-45 is better per staff.

So that was my strategy, anyway, and I didn't waver from it no matter how good the dailies were. I think I'll use the strategy the next time around, unless they change things drastically. It worked for me. Now, I'm just trying to figure out if I even want the set in my city, and whether what I'd have to get rid of is more important. I am really not sure why I wanted it.

Yep the strategy of law of large numbers. In essence, the more cheaper options you choose, the larger sample size you have to find 18s and 45s. I used this strategy too and won 263 staves. During the event, I only won 345 extra knowledge throughout the entire event + 100 from the email and had basically 100 left once I hit 260 (probably a little more than that as I switched to 80s and 89s once I knew I had enough).

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I also played as if there were no daily prizes. Eyes only on the grand prize. I think in this event we may have had a path A, play for the dailies or path B, play for the grand prize choice. Based on all I have read here, kind of seems that way.
I agree.

DeletedUser27062

Yep the strategy of law of large numbers. In essence, the more cheaper options you choose, the larger sample size you have to find 18s and 45s. I used this strategy too and won 263 staves. During the event, I only won 345 extra knowledge throughout the entire event + 100 from the email and had basically 100 left once I hit 260 (probably a little more than that as I switched to 80s and 89s once I knew I had enough).

That's not how the law of large numbers works.

The Unbeliever

meanwhile you can hear only crickets chirping... and will for a long time before these turtle paced inno devs even open their mouths on the subject of this RNG League crap. I can barely stomach this game right now.

Ummm, no. He's saying that FoE isn't infused with RNG garbage to the point in FoE you will do everything and almost for sure get top prizes as opposed to having to struggle sometimes here just to get a full set even.

Bonus currency in Elvenar should not decide whether you are 3rd or 2nd or in some bad cases whether you can even have a full set.

The swings of randomness are so great in Elvenar they literally defeat the purpose of actually participating in all the quests in some cases.

3rd place in Elvenar can mean "did all quests and didn't gamble away lose your currency"... and 3rd place can also mean "i didn't even bother to do all the quests and reached the bottom of Bronze".

Who devs a game to lump both types of players in to the same damn reward slot?

Do I want to play a game where every month or so i'm forced to deal with this random garbage and get lumped up with the partial active players in rewards?

No. I'm only continuing to play because i hope INNO changes this garbage setup soon.

But turtles walk pretty slow... maybe too slow to bother with.

I'll give it a little time.

(insert cricket chirping sounds)
THIS.

In FoE, the leagues typically work out to:
- Gold = pay to join
- Silver = readily attainable by almost all daily active players who focus only on maximising league pts
- Bronze = guaranteed for all daily active players who fully complete the event
- Amature = once/twice a day players and/or anyone who can't be bothered to complete the event
- Hobby = once-a-week players who basically don't care about the game anyways. :p

Even FtP players in FoE can very readily make Silver league in most of the events by simply focusing entirely on maximising their grand prize efficiency.
The ONLY events where this gets iffy are:
a) Soccer Cup due to the 'Tournament' mechanic that is well, entirely RNG based and will readily screw you over! (if you've ever played a Fire Emblem game, you will understand the pain of 95% win rates being 100% guaranteed loss!;))

b) Fall Baking Contest due to additional ingredients being added into the 'Daily Challenges' mechanic... if you're really unlucky and land more than 1-2 awful DC days, this can readily cost you league placement, especially if you're not hyper-efficient at managing your 5 ingredients.

Outside of those two events, silver league is pretty easy to maintain for FtP players, while it's been IIRC at least 3 years since there's been any event so badly botched that the grand prize has been so heavily RNG-reliant as what this Sorc's event was.

Starr621

That's not how the law of large numbers works.

When you choose the most expensive options like 80 and 89 you are reducing the number of trials of randomly generated options/chests. Theoretically, if you obtain around 5500 event currency and only go for the 80s and 89s you have approximately a sample size of about 65. However, if you go for the 1 or 2 staff options (18, 27, 30, 32, 45, 54), the sample size will vary but it will be much larger than 60 (at least 100). By increasing the sample size, you can expect to see 18s closer to 25% of the time and 45s closer to 67% of the time (under the assumption that each chest is equally likely to appear).

The problem doesn't lie in that the 80s and 89s are bad options because based on expected results you would get the complete set if you obtained extra knowledge the expected number of times. The problem lies in that because of the limit in event currency the sample size for these larger chests is significantly smaller than the cheaper chests and your results may not be consistent to the true results (for better or worse).

It's all about expanding your sample size to get results closer to the theoretical results and these are why the cheaper chests are almost always the better options. This is the law of large numbers.