• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Sorcerers' Homecoming discussion

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I think they started at 35 instead of 40.
13/66 was 68/61
15/67 was 68/62
16/69 was 69/62
17/70 was 69/62
18/71 was 70/63
19/72 was 70/63
20/73 was 71/64
I can snag a few more details, hang on.
Edit:
45 was 58/52
1/54 was 63/56
11/64 was 67/60

Last edited:

Lelanya

So the difference in SK was 5 to 6 at the start, 6 in the middle, 6 to 7, mainly 7, for the dailies. I did notice that the transition to a higher number had some differences between the two.

Vejr

Any one knows if there is a event coming to maybe score the last piece of this set, as usual completing all the quests (even ahead of time) did not get me enough scrolls to get all Grand prizes?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Any one knows if there is a event coming to maybe score the last piece of this set, as usual completing all the quests (even ahead of time) did not get me enough scrolls to get all Grand prizes?
None on the Beta server, so most likely* none here either. If you got 6/7 pieces you can still link them fo the CC but you'll be missing almost 1/3 of the goods.

*Loads of people will be in your position, far more than half in fact, so it's possible that inno will add pieces to crafting for those who missed some, but they've said nothing.

Gladiola

As others have said, extra CCs are not all that exciting for people who don't have extra Moonstone Libraries generating spell fragments, but I am looking forward to the t1 production. Now if I could just figure out how to fit it in! I do want to keep 4 of my marble factories to do quests and stuff.

Vejr

None on the Beta server, so most likely* none here either. If you got 6/7 pieces you can still link them fo the CC but you'll be missing almost 1/3 of the goods.

*Loads of people will be in your position, far more than half in fact, so it's possible that inno will add pieces to crafting for those who missed some, but they've said nothing.

Thanks for the reply, I sure hope so. There should be no cap on the quests imo

The Unbeliever

Spent a truckload of dias in my K-world city to grab enough pieces to make 2 sets, and obviously land in Gold league.

My E-world city spent 0 dias and thanks to literally winning 0 extra currency, (only bagged 360 extra), fell 12 staffs short of the Forge piece & landed firmly in Bronze league.

Overall feedback: GET THOSE IDIOT DEVS A FETHING CALULATOR!!
There is absolutely NO reason why these morons can't figure out how much basic currency is required to land 1 full set without relying on above average luck in winning extra currency.

It's not rocket science, (expect to the devs apparently), that if you feel players are winning say 10% too many grand prizes, then just nerf the currency by 10% - not 15-20%?! :rolleyes: :mad: :mad:

Congrats on fething up yet another event, because the devs seemingly believe that 2+2=5. o_O

DeletedUser27062

The set complete was pretty much guaranteed if you from the get go played for the set (and the set alone) you need an average of 22 or lower per staff to het to that point. this means you have to avoid all the "expensive" chests per staff (who are often better for dailies) and target the proper ones exclusively.

Nope. I used the exact same strategy in 6 cities and only got 1 complete prize set and ended up with 1 city in silver, 4 in bronze and 1 in amateur. The truth is you'll never get enough event currency for the whole set unless you win it.

I like the suspense of shall we make it or not.
How far can we go, and how (un)lucky do we get.

That's how gambling works.

I like the fact you have to make choices, its not a close your eyes bash buttons and success, but plan ahead and think.
I'm going to use this "close your eyes bash buttons" as my chest selection strategy next time - how much do you want to bet I'll get into silver league???

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
except that getting these free diamonds relies on RNG...
Might as well forget it Eudae. I've tried for 3 weeks to explain that the new system is flawed but those who are either lucky enough to win what they want or have no issues buying it can't seem to grasp the concept. On top of that, they seem incapable of seeing things from other player's perspectives. That or they only care for their own outcomes? They certainly aren't advocating on behalf of players less fortunate.*

On beta, a player just posted that people will win the full set guaranteed if they just pick the right chests and for proof she put up her 2 cities as an example.
I can't even tell if I'm being trolled at this point or if people are really this bad at critical thinking/math.

Heck, this past week I've found myself siding with BrinDerpy and CombativeKaren so we know the world is upside down.

*My results were always guaranteed since I planned on 2 sets from the start.

Last edited:

DeletedUser27062

Might as well forget it Eudae. I've tried for 3 weeks to explain that the new system is flawed but those who are either lucky enough to win what they want or have no issues buying it can't seem to grasp the concept. On top of that, they seem incapable of seeing things from other player's perspectives. That or they only care for their own outcomes? They certainly aren't advocating on behalf of players less fortunate.*

On beta, a player just posted that people will win the full set guaranteed if they just pick the right chests and for proof she put up her 2 cities as an example.
I can't even tell if I'm being trolled at this point or if people are really this bad at critical thinking/math.

Heck, this past week I've found myself siding with BrinDerpy and CombativeKaren so we know the world is upside down.

I totally agree. I think a better use of my time is stocking up on toilet paper and check the expiry date on canned goods in my EOTW bunker.

Iyapo1

This is where I started the event:
I already made room for the event set! And the Ashen Phoenix for extra currency to offset shortfall...and despite Innos efforts I have held on to my spire diamonds in the face of multiple special offers! I am ready!

I am not a fan of the league mechanic. I waited for it to lock before throwing diamonds at it.

But throw diamonds at it I did. This is an amazing set. I unlocked the extra stone mason in two of my cities. In my third city I unlocked the extra forge.

I love this building set.

Kawhi is a Raptor

as someone who played poker to supplement their income, the crap variance experienced in a game doesn't hit as hard but it still sucks ass - poor design is poor design

i *can* take consolation in the fact that the diamonds i had to spend to get the forge are only a fraction of the vacation pay inno sent me while i was taking a five month break

also i completed my final build yesterday so i can focus solely on tourney/spire/levelling AWs and not have to experience as much nonsense (until they rework tourney again... duh)

The Unbeliever

Soggy, where the hell have you been the past year man?!

When we're at the point that;
- there are now 97 different genders and counting
- gender can change on a monthly/weekly/daily/hourly basis
- 2+2 = 5
- your couple thousand butt hairs, 3 layered cotton underwear & denim jeans can't stop a fart from smelling bad, but a simple piece of cloth will stop a virus...
...and on and on...

I'm pretty sure that we're well past Clown World, and now officially living in a new episode of South Park every day?! :p

Honestly, the ONLY thing that's still grounded in reality at this point is the Maple Leafs imploding in an even more outrageous fashion and losing in the first round of the play-offs.
(note: for those keeping track, it has now been 17 years, or roughly 6205+ days since the Leafs last made it to the 2nd round of the play-offs!lol)

Lelanya

Epic fail in my opinion. Steel producers are also typically scroll producers as well, and what do the planners go and ensure we're shorted?

I have 10 cities.
One is on Beta; it got 8 set pieces.

Five are on EN server. Three finished the questline, two did not. One of the three has a level 10 Ashen Phoenix, fed on day 2, and it got close enough that use of stored diamonds ensured the 7th piece. The other four got 6 pieces.

Four cities are on the US server. Three finished the questline (one is small). One city got the 7th piece on its own efforts, I won 1560 Sorcerous Knowledge. One city came close, but I chose to hang onto my diamonds there. I have yet to total them all for widgets and cross reference to League.