• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Sorcerers' Homecoming discussion

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I don't really care about past events. A Free To Play Game Should Be Free To Play, for all players. If you want extras then sure, get your wallet out.

@Iyapo1 and I were also specifically talking about spending diamonds on getting extra pieces, or an entire extra set, not on completing the first set.

And while people keep saying that in practically every free-to-play game, optional things like the events are never included in that model. Only the core play of advancing through the story of the game is ever what is free-to-play.

Kekune

a premium *store* of some sort with other things (skins, avatars, prior event bldgs, etc) that cost diamonds.
I've said it before on other threads, but will keep emphasizing... not only would I spend my free-from-the-game diamonds on these things, I'd actually become a paying player for these things. I don't buy diamonds because I like the challenge... I'd buy skins. And there are some awesome old event buildings I'd love to have.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I've said it before on other threads, but will keep emphasizing... not only would I spend my free-from-the-game diamonds on these things, I'd actually become a paying player for these things. I don't buy diamonds because I like the challenge... I'd buy skins. And there are some awesome old event buildings I'd love to have.

Of all the things that Inno has done, or not done, I think not having a premium store, like almost every other game has, is the stupidest.

Dew Spinner

@Iyapo1 and I were also specifically talking about spending diamonds on getting extra pieces, or an entire extra set, not on completing the first set.

And while people keep saying that in practically every free-to-play game, optional things like the events are never included in that model. Only the core play of advancing through the story of the game is ever what is free-to-play.
Again, Every Evo or Set bldg has been "free" with effort since I started playing...Now I Have To Pay For These?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Except the game will give you plenty of free diamonds, if you play it right and have good luck.
I don't know about "plenty".

Events are basically every month, right? So how much does a free player get in diamonds per event?
Based on the scores in the spire we know that fewer than 1% of players get Gold rewards, so let's pretend that everyone gets all of the silver rewards.

That's 125 per week or 500 per month.
Enough for 100 currency, which gets you 4 staves? 5 if you're lucky?
A diligent crafter might also get another 500 from Mystical objects, a handful from gates, and maybe a genie for a few more?
So a free player might scrimp and save every month in order to buy that 1200 diamond package for 250 more currency that will give them a dozen more flags.

I think "plenty" is a stretch.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I don't know about "plenty".

Events are basically every month, right? So how much does a free player get in diamonds per event?
Based on the scores in the spire we know that fewer than 1% of players get Gold rewards, so let's pretend that everyone gets all of the silver rewards.

That's 125 per week or 500 per month.
Enough for 100 currency, which gets you 4 staves? 5 if you're lucky?
A diligent crafter might also get another 500 from Mystical objects, a handful from gates, and maybe a genie for a few more?
So a free player might scrimp and save every month in order to buy that 1200 diamond package for 250 more currency that will give them a dozen more flags.

I think "plenty" is a stretch.

I can't give exacts, but I just spent 6300 diamonds on an expansion in a recent expansion sale. Maybe 1000 of those came from one of my small 100% extra offer purchases. The rest were collected in-game for free over two to three months. So 2000+ diamonds free per month. Silver Spire and a few 500 diamonds from crafting and it is easy to add up quickly.

SoggyShorts

I can't give exacts, but I just spent 6300 diamonds on an expansion in a recent expansion sale. Maybe 1000 of those came from one of my small 100% extra offer purchases. The rest were collected in-game for free over two to three months. So 2000+ diamonds free per month. Silver Spire and a few 500 diamonds from crafting and it is easy to add up quickly.
Even if that were the norm, and I'm convinced most players get fewer, 2,000 diamonds per month and therefore per event is only enough to buy about 17 flags in the event. Buttloads of people were far more than 17 flags short.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Even if that were the norm, and I'm convinced most players get fewer, 2,000 diamonds per month and therefore per event is only enough to buy about 17 flags in the event. Buttloads of people were far more than 17 flags short.

Yeah, the average player, and a lot of the more casual players, were way short. But you and I know Inno way overdid the reduction from Beta, so that is not the fault of the players for not getting the full set.

I finished at 264, so 16 staffs short of Silver on Aredyll and I seriously thought about spending 1700 diamonds to get another 350 SK and see if I could get those 16 staffs. But in the end I decided the extra Silver prizes were not worth the diamonds. Though if the extra set building from Silver had not been a mana building, I would have been more likely to have gone for it.

Iyapo1

But in the end I decided the extra Silver prizes were not worth the diamonds. Though if the extra set building from Silver had not been a mana building, I would have been more likely to have gone for it.
I ended up in silver on two worlds not because of the plaza but because the extra stone mason on the board was worth the diamonds to me.
My third set (the second marble, plank, steel) landed me in high gold with the extra plaza and Pilgrims manor(two linked sets).

They were worth diamonds to me, they were not worth diamonds to everyone. Inno regularly tightens currency on good buildings. I threw diamonds at the Witch's Hut too. And this set....is spectacular!

SoggyShorts

The reward for completing the entire event is the Goddess of Wishes. The Grand Prizes are all "extras".
Bah, that's just semantics and you know it.

If you get paid $10 per day plus $200 "extra" per shift then your pay is $210.
Using different words to separate out portions is just wordplay trickery.
Heck, they are even called grand prizes, not "extra" prizes.

P.S. That Goddess of disappointment is absolute shite and I wouldn't even look at an event if that were really the prize. Seriously, is the reason you are so for this new system because diamonds are free for inno employees? How many do you get for being a shill?

Last edited:

Iyapo1

How many do you get for being a shill?
Am I also a shill? What word should we use for you and players like you. Who mathed the building, wanted the building, had every intention of making sure YOU got the set + extras if possible, but dogged this entire event to drive down the ending price of the League's?

It is not a nice word Soggy.

Alram is not wrong imo, this is a spectacular building! Inno found something that many players were willing to spend diamonds on. That so many of the malcontents on this forum have admitted to spending diamonds after loudly disparaging the entire event is vaguely disturbing.

Last edited:

StarLoad

Alram is not wrong imo, this is a spectacular building! Inno found something that many players were willing to spend diamonds on. That so many of the malcontents on this forum have admitted to spending diamonds after loudly disparaging the entire event is vaguely disturbing.
I only disparaged the daily prizes as most were not worth it, except the troop instants, IMO. And I spent on getting my two Witch Huts too

edit to add proof before you as level 5 and 10
witch hut.jpg

Iyapo1

I only disparaged the daily prizes as most were not worth it, except the troop instants, IMO
Actually considering the fact that you were open and honest about your opinion and intent with regard to this building from day one puts you into shill territory. No such thing as a player who liked the building from day one and said so. You must work for Inno and clearly they pay you more than they pay me!

Edit: thank you for the beautiful picture of your 3 pack!

Iyapo1

@SoggyShorts

To be fair, I am well aware of the fact that I am reflected in the same light I just cast upon others.

I deleted several posts where I waxed eloquently about the t1 producers and stressed that they were very much worth the diamonds needed to get them if at all possible. I did that because I could not get what I wanted if gold went above a certain point. It was a lie of omission which is not better, but at least I never said the set was not worth diamonds.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

What word should we use for you and players like you. Who mathed the building, wanted the building, had every intention of making sure YOU got the set + extras if possible
Altruistic is the word you are looking for. I had 40,000 diamonds for this event, my outcome was assured no matter what others did.
My negativity about the league system and more so the nerf was because of how I knew it would negatively effect others.

I still hate this format because it is bad for the game. having 10% of players get the complete prize might not translate directly to 90% of players being disappointed, but it's gotta be in that ballpark.
I deleted several posts where I waxed eloquently about the t1 producers and stressed that they were very much worth the diamonds needed to get them if at all possible. I did that because I could not get what I wanted if gold went above a certain point.
You stopped pumping how good the prizes were because it might increase the costs for you?
That sucks. I guess I can't really blame you, but what does such an action say about our community? Should TomatoeHu and I stop sharing our quest lists? Should Jack?
Perhaps as a new form of PvP we should put out the "best chest list" but switch the numbers around?
I'm not here for that though. This will always just be a co-op game for me, even if helping others works against me.

Remember the first thing I said about this league system? "I don't like where the game is headed."

Iyapo1

Remember the first thing I said about this league system? "I don't like where the game is headed."
The first thing I said about this building was that I was throwing all my diamonds at it. I am also not fond of the league mechanic, I think it exploits a gambling weakness and I refused to feed it extra diamonds or boot someone else out of gold. Does that make me altruistic? That is not the word I would pick considering all my choices here.

Perhaps as a new form of PvP we should put out the "best chest list" but switch the numbers around?
Nope, leave that to elvengems. They had the purple statue listed at 27 and the white tower at 18. Making the tower the number one grand prize pick. Which was wrong and probably contributed considerably to the "shortage" suffered by a number of players.

Edit to add: I saw it and the lack of an update at the minmax site....and I said nothing. Again altruistic is not the word I would choose.

I did not lie out right, but I was far less helpful than I normally would have been. So agreed, the leagues are a net negative.

Last edited:

Heathel

I just filled out the survey sent out to gather info about this latest event, however the survey didn't let me add any comments about why I rated some things from the event low. I have two cities, both still below chapter 10. I completed all of the quests in both cities with a good day and a half to spare before the event ended. However I was only able to get a complete set in one of my cities, the smaller one which was a surprise. It really came down to luck for me because when I played the small city, I kept winning extra scrolls instead of other prizes so I was able to get through the round quicker and ended up with a full set. That was not the case in my bigger city, the one that I really wanted to have the full set. I have to say, I am disappointed as I ended up one building shy of getting the entire set. I completed all the quests with time to spare, picked up every single scroll hidden around my city but it still came down to actually needing to win extra scrolls in the game and I just wasn't lucky with my bigger city, I won everything but what I wanted most which was the scrolls, especially once I figured out there was no way I was going to come close to getting that last building for my set unless I actually bought several hundred. I've spent money on the game before because I do enjoy the game but I can't always spend money especially now with no job. So no, I don't like the fact that despite completing all the quests, I didn't end up with an entire set and that is going to bother me. I didn't like the fact that I got clear to sllver and then ended up in bronze in both cities. I also didn't like the fact that it came down to luck, whether or not you won extra scrolls to actually get the full set otherwise you have to buy them which I can't do right now as bills come before games. Overall, I don't think I will participate in another event that involves winning a set of buildings. I'll just stick to winning one building that can be evolved/upgraded and won by completing all of the quests.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
Might as well forget it Eudae. I've tried for 3 weeks to explain that the new system is flawed but those who are either lucky enough to win what they want or have no issues buying it can't seem to grasp the concept. On top of that, they seem incapable of seeing things from other player's perspectives. That or they only care for their own outcomes? They certainly aren't advocating on behalf of players less fortunate.*

On beta, a player just posted that people will win the full set guaranteed if they just pick the right chests and for proof she put up her 2 cities as an example.
I can't even tell if I'm being trolled at this point or if people are really this bad at critical thinking/math.

Heck, this past week I've found myself siding with BrinDerpy and CombativeKaren so we know the world is upside down.

*My results were always guaranteed since I planned on 2 sets from the start.
I have both won, and failed twice by a tiny bit.

Yet still I like it more, because I like the uncertainty. it creates exitement that was missing before.

Heathel

I just filled out the survey sent out to gather info about this latest event, however the survey didn't let me add any comments about why I rated some things from the event low. I have two cities, both still below chapter 10. I completed all of the quests in both cities with a good day and a half to spare before the event ended. However I was only able to get a complete set in one of my cities, the smaller one which was a surprise. It really came down to luck for me because when I played the small city, I kept winning extra scrolls instead of other prizes so I was able to get through the round quicker and ended up with a full set. That was not the case in my bigger city, the one that I really wanted to have the full set. I have to say, I am disappointed as I ended up one building shy of getting the entire set. I completed all the quests with time to spare, picked up every single scroll hidden around my city but it still came down to actually needing to win extra scrolls in the game and I just wasn't lucky with my bigger city, I won everything but what I wanted most which was the scrolls, especially once I figured out there was no way I was going to come close to getting that last building for my set unless I actually bought several hundred. I've spent money on the game before because I do enjoy the game but I can't always spend money especially now with no job. So no, I don't like the fact that despite completing all the quests, I didn't end up with an entire set and that is going to bother me. I didn't like the fact that I got clear to sllver and then ended up in bronze in both cities. I also didn't like the fact that it came down to luck, whether or not you won extra scrolls to actually get the full set otherwise you have to buy them which I can't do right now as bills come before games. Overall, I don't think I will participate in another event that involves winning a set of buildings. I'll just stick to winning one building that can be evolved/upgraded and won by completing all of the quests.
On a lighter note, how about that Hungry Treasure building!? I ended up with one of these and didn't really pay much attention to what it actually was and then saw it in action in a fellows city! LOL! That tongue is wild! I'm not even going to mention what immediately popped in my head but yeah ;) don't think I'll be placing that in my city along with the restrooms I won in a previous event. The restrooms were hilarious though and we had some fun jokes going on in my FS regarding whether or not to give our city restrooms! :)